minor issue with toolbelt stacks

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
boro
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

minor issue with toolbelt stacks

Post by boro »

So when you deconstruct a building it goes to the toolbelt -> great
unless there is a full stack in the toolbelt, then it goes to the inventory -> great
when you are holding the same building "in hand" you're picking up it adds to the stack in hand -> great
unless that stack is full, then it makes a new stack in the toolbelt instead of in the inventory -> not so great

The same thing happens when you craft something you are holding in hand, or when you run down a belt picking it up.

The consequence is you always end up with 2 stacks of which you now need to drop one in the inventory or suffer spaceloss in your toolbelt.

Maybe not really a bug but I can't see why this would be intentional behavior.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: minor issue with toolbelt stacks

Post by Rseding91 »

You can filter toolbelt slots to prevent exactly this. Simply middle mouse click the slot to set the filter.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

boro
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by boro »

Rseding91 wrote:You can filter toolbelt slots to prevent exactly this. Simply middle mouse click the slot to set the filter.
Yes I'm aware but then you need to filter every slot and can't add new things to the toolbelt quickly. It loses a lot of its functionality that way.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

boro wrote:
Rseding91 wrote:You can filter toolbelt slots to prevent exactly this. Simply middle mouse click the slot to set the filter.
Yes I'm aware but then you need to filter every slot and can't add new things to the toolbelt quickly. It loses a lot of its functionality that way.
Press "q" to put the stack back into your inventory. I'm not seeing the issue - it sounds like the toolbelt is working as intended; if there's no stack of the item you're picking up in it - it gets added. If there is, it gets filled and the rest goes into your main inventory.

If you want to get rid of the item on your cursor, press q and it goes into your toolbelt if there's not a stack or a stack with room else it goes to your main inventory.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

boro
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by boro »

Rseding91 wrote:If you want to get rid of the item on your cursor, press q and it goes into your toolbelt if there's not a stack or a stack with room else it goes to your main inventory.
Yes but I have the item on the cursor for a reason, like I'm building walls while crafting more walls, or rearranging my belts. Things I do regularly, and I end up with an extra stack of something in my toolbelt like at least once per hour on average (and I play lots of hours :D )

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Ok, although minor, I can understand the issue, and the fix wasn't really complicated, so it is fixed for 0.10.10

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”