new game. go AngelBob, or space exploration?

Looking for a mod? Have a review on a mod you'd like to share?
catma
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

new game. go AngelBob, or space exploration?

Post by catma »

I'm starting a new game when the new version of factorio is out, to get all the fixed bugs and megabase-friendly fluid improvements that help my video card not melt.

Question is: Angel-Bob, or space exploration? Which one should I play?

P.S.: I've played angel-bob before. This is about whether space exploration is now a better option. Like "is space exploration challenging enough? fun enough? finished enough? Madly complex enough? will lead to at least 1000 hours of play before 'winning'?"

Lubricus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: new game. go AngelBob, or space exploration?

Post by Lubricus »

I am struggling with Space exploration it's definitely a challenge. The space stuff is complex and in a way harder than Angel bob.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Xynariz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Xynariz »

If you're going for increased complexity, don't forget to throw 30MSP into SpaceX and/or AngelBob's....

Yandersen
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Yandersen »

Just finished a game with SpaceX, getting it plugged in at the endgame point. Should say, it's challenging. Suggesting to plan your base ahead from the start aiming at high science packs per minute rates. Can go with a single rocket silo, fully moduled and beaconed, but it must operate non-stop to get the game finished before you get bored. :)
Basically, the SpaceX comes down to flushing the resources into high-cost items sent into space, and that is all about it. Well, you know. :/

Return to “Questions, reviews and ratings”