Allowing scrolling of screen when game is paused

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Ironhair
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ironhair »

Always wondered why our game screen is locked to the character when the game is paused.
Allow us to look around the map, if we pause the game, please?

Edit - in the advised format below:
TL;DR
What ?
Always wondered why our game screen is locked to the character when the game is paused.
Allow us to look around the map, if we pause the game, please?
Don't think an img is requiered ;)
Why ?
Allows a chance to plan around, (or admire your plans).
There are some like me who don't like the game running, while they just want to look around a bit.

Darinth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Allowing scrolling of screen when game is paused

Post by Darinth »

Within the bounds of revealed terrain I agree with this. Honestly it'd be nice to even be able to place ghosts down while the game is paused, not any more powerful than the ability to blueprint. Also, the ability to create blueprints while the game is paused. Actually, if this could be extended to the ability to place ghosts in otherwise invalid locations (which are removed as soon as the game unpauses) it would provide an oft-requested feature to create blueprints of bulk miners.

With all that said, from what I understand while the game is paused most of the engine is actually paused and this would be a potentially substantial architectural change to make work. The game doesn't even accept most console commands while paused from my understanding.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”