[0.17.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

sidelia
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.17.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by sidelia »

bobingabout wrote: ↑
Fri May 31, 2019 2:11 am
sidelia wrote: ↑
Thu May 30, 2019 11:38 pm
Updating to this on an existing game with RSO and Angels infinite ores deleted all the infinite patches of bobs ores with a popup saying the resources are deleted.
I think you might need to wait until Angel updates his mod for that to not happen.
he's working on it.
Okiely dokiely! really enjoying your mods here - still have yet to launch a rocket after 1053 hours in game, largely due to you and Angel :D

ohmusama
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ohmusama »

I just updated to

Code: Select all

Angel's Infinite Ores 0.8.6
and still have this problem as well.

I'm stuck I guess until angel updates, or my map is worthless, but I'm only 166 hours in on this one :)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

ohmusama wrote: ↑
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:19 am
I just updated to

I'm stuck I guess until angel updates, or my map is worthless, but I'm only 166 hours in on this one :)
I think he did update.
but if he hasn't, you can always just revert the bobores version.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:52 pm
I just updated to

I think he did update.
Seems theres an issue with Bob ores that from what I saw the mod settings default to off. Angel's infinite ores checks those ores if they've been enabled to add the infinite version.

I assume the settings are not meant to be used anymore?

If that's the case I'm planning to fix it tonight if angel doesnt have it done already as I havnt checked with him yet.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

kingarthur wrote: ↑
Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:04 pm
I just updated to

I think he did update.
Seems theres an issue with Bob ores that from what I saw the mod settings default to off. Angel's infinite ores checks those ores if they've been enabled to add the infinite version.

If that's the case I'm planning to fix it tonight if angel doesnt have it done already as I havnt checked with him yet.
those settings still turn the ores on or off, but there's also another setting in bobplates that also turns on a bunch of ores.
The bobplates thing used to just turn on the enabled flag in bobplates, but since the ore generation change, it just calls the generation script.

I might have to talk to angle about it.
I also have a Patreon.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:13 pm
I just updated to

I think he did update.

those settings still turn the ores on or off, but there's also another setting in bobplates that also turns on a bunch of ores.
The bobplates thing used to just turn on the enabled flag in bobplates, but since the ore generation change, it just calls the generation script.

Well from what I saw when I looked all the settings was off. Say lead for instance. They still showed in the new game menu and would spawn normally. If I turned them on it wouldn't remove anything from the new game menu but then the infinite version would show up. Bob's ores seems to not care which way the settings in the ore mod is set.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:39 pm
Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:13 pm
I just updated to

I think he did update.

Well from what I saw when I looked all the settings was off. Say lead for instance. They still showed in the new game menu and would spawn normally. If I turned them on it wouldn't remove anything from the new game menu but then the infinite version would show up. Bob's ores seems to not care which way the settings in the ore mod is set.
Sounds like Angel is looking at the settings in ores then. Like I said, I should talk to him about it.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Updates strike again!

Logistics 0.17.10:
Added plasma resistances to trains.

Enemies 0.17.7:
fixed giant worm's hole size.
Added build_base_evolution_requirement to spawners.
Added damage type Plasma
Increased small poison cloud damage rate
Added poison sticker (DOT) to some poison damage weapons
Adjusted all biter/spitter resistances a little.
Reduced Liviathan health a fair bit if the health boost option is turned off. (A quater for biters, a fifth for spitters)
Giant Biters and above can deal fire/poison sticker too.

Warfare 0.17.9:
Increased the max length of laser drone's weapon to stop the beam flicker error at max range.
Fixed power armor MK3's prerequisite of power armor MK2
Added lead_target_for_projectile_speed to plasma turrets.
reduced plasma blast radius from 11 to 8
Changed plasma projectile's laser damage type to new damage type plasma, made it the highest damage type, and creates a plasma sticker.
increased small poison cloud damage rate
some fire weapons now deal fire sticker and base game's fire patch.
added poison sticker triggered by some poison damage weapons, including poison capsule/artillery shell.
Added Napalm capsule and Artillery shell.
Added plasma resistances to vehicles
Sniper turret 2 now costs cobalt-steel gear wheels and bearings.

vehicle equipment 0.17.4:
Changed plasma projectile's laser damage type to new damage type plasma, made it the highest damage type, and creates a plasma sticker.

I would normally have left Logistics out of this update run with such a minor change, but without it you'd end up blowing up your trains with plasma easier than before this update.
I also have a Patreon.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Is there a tech to upgrade plasma firing speed/damage or are those meant to be fixed and not upgradable?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

orzelek wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:29 pm
Is there a tech to upgrade plasma firing speed/damage or are those meant to be fixed and not upgradable?
I think it's just classed as a laser turret, so whatever normally upgrades laser turrets will also upgrade this.
I also have a Patreon.

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by RocketManChronicles »

Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:15 pm
Updates strike again!

Logistics 0.17.10:
Added plasma resistances to trains.

Enemies 0.17.7:
fixed giant worm's hole size.
Added build_base_evolution_requirement to spawners.
Added damage type Plasma
Increased small poison cloud damage rate
Added poison sticker (DOT) to some poison damage weapons
Adjusted all biter/spitter resistances a little.
Reduced Liviathan health a fair bit if the health boost option is turned off. (A quater for biters, a fifth for spitters)
Giant Biters and above can deal fire/poison sticker too.

Warfare 0.17.9:
Increased the max length of laser drone's weapon to stop the beam flicker error at max range.
Fixed power armor MK3's prerequisite of power armor MK2
increased small poison cloud damage rate
some fire weapons now deal fire sticker and base game's fire patch.
added poison sticker triggered by some poison damage weapons, including poison capsule/artillery shell.
Added Napalm capsule and Artillery shell.
Added plasma resistances to vehicles
Sniper turret 2 now costs cobalt-steel gear wheels and bearings.

vehicle equipment 0.17.4:

I would normally have left Logistics out of this update run with such a minor change, but without it you'd end up blowing up your trains with plasma easier than before this update.
Please define the term "sticker" for the damages. What is it?

Also, I welcome the changes for the Sniper turret 2, the addition of napalm artillery (I had a separate mod to make these), and the changes to the plasma weapons and effects.

Speaking of napalm artillery shells, and haven't yet looked at it in the game, what is your recipe for these? For the separate mod, the recipe was Artillery Shell, Cluster Grenade, Barrel of Heavy Oil, and a Rocket Control Unit. I thought that [price] was reasonable considering the radius of fire along with the amount of damage dealt in one shell landing. At least for this [separate] mod's use, the napalm artillery shell was best used against large numbers of biters rather than the spawners and worms.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Nuclear power

Post by mrvn »

First an excuse: I'm playing a SeaBlock game so things might be screwed up due to that. I hope it's not that.

I'm missing some things with nuclear power:

1) There seems to be no way to run nuclear power that doesn't produce either a) Lead or b) Plutonium.

U238 + U235 + Lead gives uranium fuel cells. And spend uranium fuel cells give U386 + Plutonium + Lead. This loop needs an infusion of Lead and outputs Plutonium.

Plutonioum + U238 + Iron gives uranium fuel cells. This recycles the Plutonium but then you are left with the Lead.

Plutonioum + U238 + Iron gives plutonium fuel cells. And spend plutonium fuel cells give 6 Plutonium. As the name says it breeds Plutonium. Massively.

There is no way to use up Plutonium in the nuclear loop. I think there was in the past. Only way I see to get rid of Plutonium is to make nuclear fuel out of it. Takes a lot of other stuff though to make. Is this intentional?

2) There seem to be no way to make Thorium ore.

What is the plan here? In a purely Bobs game Thorium ore would simply be mined from Thorium patches, right? So in Angels it would need some ore sorting recipe. Or is Thorium supposed to be bread in a reactor like Plutonium?

3) Same question for deuterium.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

RocketManChronicles wrote: ↑
Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:32 am
Please define the term "sticker" for the damages. What is it?
A sticker is an effect placed on an entity. for example, being set on fire, or slowed down with glue or acid. in this case the Poison and Plasma stickers give a slight slowdown and damage over time, basically the same as fire.
RocketManChronicles wrote: ↑
Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:32 am
Speaking of napalm artillery shells, and haven't yet looked at it in the game, what is your recipe for these?
For the napalm capsule, it's basically the same as the poison capsule except instead of coal it uses liquid fuel, or if that's not available (the mod that adds it isn't installed) it uses light oil.
For the Artillery shell, basically, it costs about the same as the poison artillery shell, but that recipe changes based on what mods are installed. You're looking at... Red Alien Liquid (fire weapon stuff), Liquid fuel, or light oil, in order of most preferred to least.
mrvn wrote: ↑
Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:47 am
U238 + U235 + Lead gives uranium fuel cells. And spend uranium fuel cells give U386 + Plutonium + Lead. This loop needs an infusion of Lead and outputs Plutonium.
I changed the iron plate ingredient to lead plate, and also added the lead plate as a possible result from recycling.
2 reasons why you get lead:
1. It's in the cell casing, you could get some back
2. Most radioactive materials decay into lead, it's the heaviest truly stable element.

I did not add the plutonium as a result from the uranium fuel cell (yet, I was actually thinking of adding that as a possible source of plutonium, because uranium can become plutonium in a reactor)
(likewise you should get U233 as a byproduct from Thorium fuel cells instead of Plutonium)
Plutonioum + U238 + Iron gives uranium fuel cells. This recycles the Plutonium but then you are left with the Lead.
Plutonioum + U238 + Iron gives plutonium fuel cells. And spend plutonium fuel cells give 6 Plutonium. As the name says it breeds Plutonium. Massively.
these aren't my recipes.
though I have to ask, what's the issue in getting lead back? you should be able to use it in all sorts of recipes, like batteries, or solder in electronics.
There is no way to use up Plutonium in the nuclear loop. I think there was in the past. Only way I see to get rid of Plutonium is to make nuclear fuel out of it. Takes a lot of other stuff though to make. Is this intentional?
currently it's only use is in advanced thorium-plutonium fuel cells, but I plan to add more uses in the future.
There seem to be no way to make Thorium ore.
A seablock issue, you can't get it with angels in the current release yet either, but he's working on that. it's going to be pretty vital in the nuclear ingredients processing in the future. (or maybe not, depending how you get plutonium, but plutonium is going to be important in the future)
What is the plan here? In a purely Bobs game Thorium ore would simply be mined from Thorium patches, right? So in Angels it would need some ore sorting recipe. Or is Thorium supposed to be bread in a reactor like Plutonium?
Angel is working on thorium sorting, it's going to be the next tier up from uranium.
Plutonium is going to be a key component of RTGs, and if RTGs exist, they'll replace the personal fusion reactor in a lot of recipes, or the power core in classes.
3) Same question for deuterium.
since Deuterium is easy enough to get (a chemical process, and then electrolysis), it should still be easy enough to get in seablock? I'm not happy with how easy it is to craft deuterium fuel cells, I was thinking of adding some sort of fusion catalyst to the cell, but the best thing I can think of right now is to just make it cost a Plutonium.

Deuterium is also going to be a key component in making plasma ammo in a future warfare update. Otherwise, that's about it for my plans for Deuterium.
I also have a Patreon.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:48 pm
these aren't my recipes.
though I have to ask, what's the issue in getting lead back? you should be able to use it in all sorts of recipes, like batteries, or solder in electronics.
currently it's only use is in advanced thorium-plutonium fuel cells, but I plan to add more uses in the future.
I will have to check what mod the recipes come from exactly then and compare them to plain Bob or Bob+Angels.

Will thorium-plutonium fuel cells form a loop where the recycling results in a loss of thorium and plutonium?

That's what I'm missing to build a nice reactor setup. I would like something where I can dump in ore and get power out and nothing else.

Currently there is no way to do that. If you use the U235 (and lead) then you get more plutonium and have to transport that away. And if you don't use the U235 then you get Lead that you have to remove. But in quantities that aren't worth it. It will take days (weeks?) to fill a cargo wagon. But I bet if I don't add the train station then the buffer chest for lead would run full at the worst possible time and cause a blackout.

What I do now is hope that my need for train fuel is larger than my need for power and less than the uranium ore I produce. That way the plutonium won't back up even when I recycle all the lead internally. Maybe I should burn nuclear fuel in furnaces too if Plutonium backs up.
There seem to be no way to make Thorium ore.
A seablock issue, you can't get it with angels in the current release yet either, but he's working on that. it's going to be pretty vital in the nuclear ingredients processing in the future. (or maybe not, depending how you get plutonium, but plutonium is going to be important in the future)
Angel is working on thorium sorting, it's going to be the next tier up from uranium.
Plutonium is going to be a key component of RTGs, and if RTGs exist, they'll replace the personal fusion reactor in a lot of recipes, or the power core in classes.
When Angels adds it then it should be fixed in SeaBlock too. Just wondering if that was the intended way to get Thorium or if some breeder recipe was missing.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:24 pm
Will thorium-plutonium fuel cells form a loop where the recycling results in a loss of thorium and plutonium?

That's what I'm missing to build a nice reactor setup. I would like something where I can dump in ore and get power out and nothing else.

Currently there is no way to do that. If you use the U235 (and lead) then you get more plutonium and have to transport that away. And if you don't use the U235 then you get Lead that you have to remove. But in quantities that aren't worth it. It will take days (weeks?) to fill a cargo wagon. But I bet if I don't add the train station then the buffer chest for lead would run full at the worst possible time and cause a blackout.

What I do now is hope that my need for train fuel is larger than my need for power and less than the uranium ore I produce. That way the plutonium won't back up even when I recycle all the lead internally. Maybe I should burn nuclear fuel in furnaces too if Plutonium backs up.
in bobs mods, I think it costs 10 lead, 19 thorium and 1 u235 to make 10 cells, and it costs 5 used to thorium cells to produce 1 thorium, 1 lead and somewhere between 3 and 7 lead (net balance in lead, gain in plutonium, loss in everything else)
then it costs 2 lead, 2 thorium and 2 plutonium to make 2 thorium plutonium fuel cells that turn into used up thorium fuel cells, meaning a net balance in lead again, and a net loss in everything else.

So at the very least, you need to keep pumping in lots of thorium, and a little bit of uranium if you balance between the 2 fuel types. but with the other changes, you'll probably never want to actually make a thorium-plutonium fuel cell, as the plutonium would be too valuable and rare.
I also have a Patreon.

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by RocketManChronicles »

since Deuterium is easy enough to get (a chemical process, and then electrolysis), it should still be easy enough to get in seablock? I'm not happy with how easy it is to craft deuterium fuel cells, I was thinking of adding some sort of fusion catalyst to the cell, but the best thing I can think of right now is to just make it cost a Plutonium.

Deuterium is also going to be a key component in making plasma ammo in a future warfare update. Otherwise, that's about it for my plans for Deuterium.
I am liking where this is going! Needing these valuable items to produce plasma ammo is a great idea. But I do agree that Deuterium is quite easy to get right now. I have not started an form of nuclear power atm, so should I wait a little longer for more refined processes, or should I start getting my feet wet in this to better understand it all?

arbarbonif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by arbarbonif »

Do the different heat pipes behave differently (I assume you can place them like the normal ones)? Or are they just for making the more advanced reactors?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

arbarbonif wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:26 pm
Do the different heat pipes behave differently (I assume you can place them like the normal ones)? Or are they just for making the more advanced reactors?
A question previously asked and answered ;P

Heatpipes have a heat throughput. MK2 doubles it, MK3 triples it. Other than that they're just intermediates to make the more advanced reactors and heat exchangers.
I also have a Patreon.

Horus773
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Horus773 »

First of all, great mod. Really love it πŸ‘

There is so much more that it is hard to get an overview of what to do (research and build) next.

The lack of wiki is hurting but I can understand why since it would be a massive effort to do so.

Is there a schema that presents the overall tech possibilities? I’m using the mod « what is it used forΒ Β» and couldn’t play bob mod without it but a reference outside the game would be helpful. I like to plan before a gaming session 😁

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

Is there a description somewhere for how the types of neuclear reactor perform? Does thorium and mk2 just give more power per area, and deuterium/mk3 even better? Trying to understand whether and how to upgrade my mk1 uranium setup.

I don't see anything in the tool tips with power output, time, & etc.

Thanks.

Return to β€œBob's mods”