[0.16] The Blueprint Lab 0.2.4

Topics and discussion about specific mods
mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.16] The Blueprint Lab 0.2.4

Post by mrvn »

I love the Lab. In fact I love it too much and now it is all cluttered up with designs I want to keep.

1) Why is the lab floor of limited size? How hard would it be to add mapgen settings to extend it endlessly as you explore more?

2) I want multiple labs, e.g. one for train designs, one for furnaces, one for chemical factories.

The lab could have an entry room where you pick which lab to visit. A simple 2 level structure could be enough. First level you place lab entrances, give them a name and up to 4 icons to display and entering the lab gives you a surface to build on (or a section of the lab surface far away from any other).

Alternatively there could be teleport portals in the lab that the player can place. Those would come in pairs: entry and exit. Place an exit, give it a name and up to 4 icons. When teleporting the player will exit where it is placed. Place an entry and select an exit from the list or <new exit>. Selecting an existing exit would just make the portal a doorway to that exit. Selecting <new exit> would pick a random place on the surface, place an exit there and connect the entry to that.

Note: Given the limited number of surfaces possible using sections of the same surface sounds better. Shouldn't change things much though either way.

minno
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by minno »

mrvn wrote:I love the Lab. In fact I love it too much and now it is all cluttered up with designs I want to keep.
You can take a blueprint of any of those designs and save it, then place it back down any time you want to use or change it.

ArtMares
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ArtMares »

Hello!
Add Infinity pump to you mod.
Use the code from the archive https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eSsAs ... 5u3dohpUWN

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

I used to use a separate map for blueprint designs, but this looks promising enough.

However, I tend to work on several blueprints at once which the lab naturally can't accommodate given its fixed size, so having multiple floors within the lab would greatly help bypass that limitation. This is natively supported in Factorissimo, so it hopefully wouldn't be too hard to code given this mod is based on that one.

It would also be greatly appreciated if within the lab you can unlock the infinity chest for creation so builds can be adjusted when you see it in action. A lot of fine-tuning is often required before it's ready for practical use and having infinity chests (and pumps?) showing how your design performs goes a long way in creating the perfect blueprint.

Other than that it's a great mod for creating small simple blueprints without having to load up the "Development Platform Map", so thank you for the convenient method of getting designs made quickly.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Light wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:05 pm
I used to use a separate map for blueprint designs, but this looks promising enough.

However, I tend to work on several blueprints at once which the lab naturally can't accommodate given its fixed size, so having multiple floors within the lab would greatly help bypass that limitation. This is natively supported in Factorissimo, so it hopefully wouldn't be too hard to code given this mod is based on that one.

It would also be greatly appreciated if within the lab you can unlock the infinity chest for creation so builds can be adjusted when you see it in action. A lot of fine-tuning is often required before it's ready for practical use and having infinity chests (and pumps?) showing how your design performs goes a long way in creating the perfect blueprint.

Other than that it's a great mod for creating small simple blueprints without having to load up the "Development Platform Map", so thank you for the convenient method of getting designs made quickly.
There is an infinity chest in the center. You can add infinity chests to it's contents to make more. This also allows making any other entity even if not yet researched.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

mrvn wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:43 am
Light wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:05 pm

There is an infinity chest in the center. You can add infinity chests to it's contents to make more. This also allows making any other entity even if not yet researched.

minno
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by minno »

Use the picker (default "q") on the lab's chest to get a stack of them.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

minno wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:49 pm
Use the picker (default "q") on the lab's chest to get a stack of them.
Thank you.

Now all the resources can be easily generated to test the builds in action. Time to get to it.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

The lab should have a radar (largest modded version) so everything is visible and an infinity pipe in the center so one can pick it.

tehfreek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by tehfreek »

mrvn wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:01 pm
The lab should have a radar (largest modded version) so everything is visible and an infinity pipe in the center so one can pick it.
There is an infinity pipe right next to the infinity chest in at least 0.17.3.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

tehfreek wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:48 am
mrvn wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:01 pm
There is an infinity pipe right next to the infinity chest in at least 0.17.3.
Ahh, then I just need to update my mods. Never mind that part then.

invisus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by invisus »

This mod is exactly what I've been wanting!

I've been using creative mod and a dedicated save, but the downside with that is having to quit/load a new map to play around with blueprints.

Thank you!

RunFact
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by RunFact »

Thanks for this mod! Will this be updated for the 18.x release?

Any chance of someone else picking up support of this mod? Or is there something similar out there already? I have found the two 17.x branches, but those appear inactive as well.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/BlueprintLab_Bud17
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/BlueprintLab_Credomane

schoos76
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by schoos76 »

Hi all,

i've just prepared an updated version of this mod for 0.18. Get it from https://mods.factorio.com/mod/BlueprintLab_Bud18 and let me know if there's any incompatibilies - I didn't find any while I tested but I'm not sure whether I really use this mod to its full extend.

Michael

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vanatteveldt »

Thanks for this mod! I would wish some way to generate and consume full belts of resources, maybe including loaders would do the trick?

Anyway, I have a bug report: Game crash when returning from blueprint lab. Seems reproducible - if I reload the autosave and exit the lab it triggers the error.

stacktrace (screenshot): https://i.imgur.com/LxM2hqQ.png
save file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jrhbznfkxbznq ... 1.zip?dl=0

Return to “Mods”