Can't play multiplayer :(

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Jharug-Pike
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Can't play multiplayer :(

Post by Jharug-Pike »

Hello, so i have had the game for a year or so and i havle played it some even a bit solo but i really prefer to play with a friend of mine. He builds and do the thinking and i'm just trying to help and also take care of all the bug killing. Now however when i try to play with him i'm all off a sudden asked to log in and stuff and as far as i can remember that has never happened before apart from maybe the first time ever i started the game. Thing is i have my account on this page already linked to my one and only steam account and no matter what i do i can't get in... i have tried every single one of my 5 passwords... nothing works. Game files is veryfied and all and when i get back home from my internship i'l see if a reinstall helps cus if i can't multi player then i might just as well uninstall it and let it gather dust for the rest of time. I'm really thankful for any help i can get and i'm sorry if i have missed something obvious.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Can't play multiplayer :(

Post by Loewchen »

Reset your password here: factorio.com/login
If you can not remember your account name either, contact support at support@factorio.com and send them proof of purchase.

Jharug-Pike
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Jharug-Pike »

Ok i'l try to reset the password again for the 4th time but if that don't work then plz inform me what a proof purchase is and how i do it. Screenshoot of the steam library???

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Are you saying that you reset your password 3x on factorio.com/login, and the new password sent to you did not work for log in on factorio.com/login?!

Jharug-Pike
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Jharug-Pike »

no on the site it works just fine but in the game it does not

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

To be sure, you are not actually trying your factorio account password as server password you are trying connect to right?

Jharug-Pike
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Jharug-Pike »

trying to log into the game so i can join my friend, i join via his invite steam friend to game button

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

• a screenshot of the login window that you can not log in to
  • the factorio log files after an unsuccessful try to join your friend and log in (see my signature for the files)

Jharug-Pike
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Jharug-Pike »

Right friend helped me in voice com... from his work i might add and now things work. I just don't do well with written instructions... quirk of my autism. I feel that we did exactly the same things i had tried already tho but hey if it's working imma not gonna complain.

Edit. Thank you tho

Return to “Technical Help”