Game freezes every 13 seconds

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Game freezes every 13 seconds

Post by posila »

Thanks, I can see extremely long time is spent in Steam API calls to update achievement statistics. The documentation says this call only modifies Steam's in-memory state and is very cheap, but I can see we are not doing some setup we should do to use this function properly (I'll fix that). I am not sure though, why the function takes so much time on your computer, though. Can you send me %steam_install%\logs\stats_log.txt, please?

bombsqddude
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bombsqddude »

Thanks to Rseding91, He asked the million dollar question. "Does it happen if you run the non-steam version of the game?"

I didnt have the non steam version, I uninstalled the steam version and downloaded the game directly from the website https://www.factorio.com/download/experimental

After the install I loaded my saved game, low and behold no freezing..

Once again Thanks to all that help with my issue.

:D

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

posila wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:12 pm
Thanks, I can see extremely long time is spent in Steam API calls to update achievement statistics. The documentation says this call only modifies Steam's in-memory state and is very cheap, but I can see we are not doing some setup we should do to use this function properly (I'll fix that). I am not sure though, why the function takes so much time on your computer, though. Can you send me %steam_install%\logs\stats_log.txt, please?
I dont know if its related, but that whole achievement thing is bugged since you introduced steam archievements... constantly getting new archievements (old ones), resetting from one save to another and so on... very buggy.

Also nilaus has some "slowdowns" while FPS and UPS is at 60, maybe that is also related.
MAYBE the curlpit is in that steam achievements (never bothered to report bc idc about archievements)

Return to “Technical Help”