Angels Ore Processing Mk2

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Angels Ore Processing Mk2

Post by evandy »

Well, my plans for updating ore processing to Mk2 are both on track, and totally different. Ran completely out of iron and copper when I started constructing 1 robot/sec; funny that. As a result, I now have a logistics-train connected ore processing network, instead of a logistics bot based one. I've finished the iron and steel right now, so will do copper next. If anyone wants blueprints, let me know and I'll add them to a google doc; too big to paste here.

City Block template: I liked Nilaus's City block idea, but I'd rather have trains between the blocks than a walking path. Every corner is a roundabout, and there is room for stations in multiple car configurations around the edge. LTN connects all the resources, but the blocks are laid down by a non-LTN building train. The building stop was made to just fit into the construction-zone overlap of the neighboring city block, so it is bootstraped by the neighbor, and then builds itself. Only thing I have to do is to lay down the blueprints, use the destruction planner to remove trees & cliffs, and lay down radars every other roundabout.

Overall Base Plan: (That non-block bit in the center is my original Mk1 facility; next to that is Bob's greenhouses and plastic from wood. Rest of the boostrap base is north off the picture)

Iron Ingot production:

Iron Production:

Steel Production:
Last edited by evandy on Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Angels Ore Processing Mk2

Post by evandy »

I won the race! I've been trying to work fast to get my Thermal Water drilling up before I ran through my slag supply for catalysts. I am pleased to say that I made it... though with less margin than I'm really happy with. Only had about 1/2 of my catalyst warehouses left when I hooked it up, but now I have a filtering line to make sludge from thermal water and it's up and running. I can go turn my stone and brick production back on, as I had diverted most all of my crushed stone to catalyst making to bridge the gap.

Quick and dirty Electronic Logic Boards just to get the 50 or so I needed to build the thermal drillers:

Concrete array. The one in the middle is for reinforced bricks which I have turned off for the moment.

Chunk Sorting (all mostly the same):

Crystal Sorting (lightweight; will beef up now):

Clay Bricks at scale:

Titanium processing (no coolant use yet; need the next science pack to unlock it)

Gold Processing similarly quick-and-dirty until I get more science:

Nitric Acid: (This is the only combo-sorting of chunks I needed to get crystals unlocked. Once I'm making silver will turn that off).

HCl Acid and Sodium Hydroxide:
Last edited by evandy on Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

sepharim
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sepharim »

something terribly got wrong with the pictures. And without, it's missing the information in the pictures ;)

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

sepharim wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:27 am
something terribly got wrong with the pictures. And without, it's missing the information in the pictures ;)
Oh dear, they show up fine for me, so must be something odd with Google Photo's links or something. Here's a direct link for the album while I try to figure out what's wrong and fix it:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/gTjCFSjXpyMsKK1C8

EDIT: I changed everything to shared link and I can view them on another computer; hopefully that's fixed it. Let me know please.

nemoNL
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by nemoNL »

In your second post I can see all of them now. Though only the first image in the first post is showing.

Looks great though! I am working on my own AB play-through (second attempt - first was in 0.16 and I stopped when 0.17 was available in favour of vanilla 0.17).
I am expanding from a 'starter' base and transitioning to rail-based now, though I am not going for 'strict' block based and more 'free-form' but with a structured rail framework still.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

I'm building my ore processing with a bit more foresight I think.

For example I have a stations that do the various ore sortings to produce the ores. Then another station that e.g. turns ore into ingots the simplest way. While a second station turns ore in processed ore and that into ingots using the next tire where available. The more efficient each recipe is the higher I set the priority for LTN so the best recipe gets used. But if e.g. sulfuric acid runs short then the lower tire recipes get used as fallback. So the stuff I build when I only have the simple recipes is still useful and adding new tires needs minimal additions.

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

I like the idea of keeping the simple options open at a lower priority; may be I will steal the idea from you. I am direct sorting everything, so have been building direct to ingot blocks with the ingot to product stage different, so all I really need to do is add more ingot blocks when needed.

The titanium and gold were quick hacks to get green circuits up for thermal wells; I plan to split the smelting from the ingot production shortly anyways.

I still need to get lead, glass, silicon, and solder up in City blocks. I am limping along on my starter base production of those right now. But demand had been low enough it is not a bottleneck. What is a critical issue right now is carbon for transistors.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

evandy wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:39 pm
I like the idea of keeping the simple options open at a lower priority; may be I will steal the idea from you. I am direct sorting everything, so have been building direct to ingot blocks with the ingot to product stage different, so all I really need to do is add more ingot blocks when needed.

The titanium and gold were quick hacks to get green circuits up for thermal wells; I plan to split the smelting from the ingot production shortly anyways.

I still need to get lead, glass, silicon, and solder up in City blocks. I am limping along on my starter base production of those right now. But demand had been low enough it is not a bottleneck. What is a critical issue right now is carbon for transistors.
Doing a full ingot block is always an option. But as I see it that means a lot of idle structures when you make a blocks for every tier. You can produce processed iron first and then decide weather to make ingots out of them or go on making pellets. I don't want to duplicate the processed iron step. Because it really is a "use one of the other". If I have the sulfuric acid for the better recipes I want to use that and nothing else.

I do a similar thing with molten metals. One train stop produces molten iron from iron ingots. The other from iron ingots and manganese ingots. The manganese one having higher priority for both input and output. So if I run low on iron ingots only the iron+manganese chain produces molten iron. And as long as the manganese holds out only the molten iron from there will be used.

The big drawback is that this takes an awful lot of train stations to balance. But it's fun watching all the trains zip around and around.

Return to “Show your Creations”