[0.17.45] Game crashes when saving map

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Muppet9010
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.17.45] Game crashes when saving map

Post by Muppet9010 »

in a modded 0.17.45 MP game the server crashed when trying to auto save the map. When any of the connected players tried to save the current map locally they also crashed.
The log file from one of the clients is attached.

When the most recent auto save (from quite a while before this) was loaded the issue didn't occur again. Unfortunately this save wasn't kept and since been overridden on the server.

In case its relevant the map is solidly forested and there is believed to be one or more forest fires raging at the time of this. There were also a lot of wisps (modded enemy unit) active on the map at the time.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(23.03 KiB) Downloaded 112 times

SuperTux88
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.17.45] Game crashes when saving map

Post by SuperTux88 »

I still have the save that I took after the server was restarted with the latest autosave. So the game crashed at around 3h18min (ingame time) and the autosave was only every 20 minutes, so we were thrown back to 03:00:00, and my save is then from 03:01:50 after I joined again. It crashed again then at autosave 03:20:00 (I attached that crash log as well, but I think it's the same error. By the way, the log above is also from me), but I also tried to run that save locally and just let it idle until after 03:20:00, and I could save it without any problems. So I don't know how to reproduce it and I'm not sure if that save is useful for anything, but I can upload it somewhere if you need it (it looks like I can't attach it here).

If it's useful for anything the crashes were streamed on twitch and can be watched here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/433191978?t=03h22m44s (first crash) my savefile is from after I joined again at 03h27m53s and the second crash happened at 03h47m16s
Attachments
factorio-current-jd-crash-2.log
(17.95 KiB) Downloaded 113 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.45] Game crashes when saving map

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. It's now fixed for the next version of 0.17.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”