[MOD 0.12.26] Picker: Easily select items from inventory

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Oaquasis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.26] Picker: Easily select items from inventory

Post by Oaquasis »

Thanks for the amazing mods and updating them to 0.17, Nexela!
We use them every game, we didn't even start a 0.17 game before picker was updated ;) !

I noticed that sticky notes are missing from the Picker Extended mod and I can't find it in the other picker mods.
Am I missing something or was it removed? I saw a PickerNotes project on your GitHub, but I couldn't find that one on the mod portal.

Thanks again!

True.Boriska
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by True.Boriska »

Hi!
Please read this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=67561
Are there any chance those marks caused by picker mods?

UPD. It's zapper. The same key binding as undo. :D

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Dolly moving areas may get added/completed in the future, for now cut/pasting an area comes close.

I will probably change the default zapper keybind as it is less useful in .17

Picker Notes contains the sticky notes, it is planned to be completed at some point :p hopefully soon

Picker PipeTools is waiting on some factorio bug fixes and will be released as soon as Stapler has the time!

Picker Fill is suffering the same fate as autofill, a lack of time!

There are a couple more picker mods that havn't been released yet, but they probably will be soonish.

Thank you for all the kind words and bug reports!!!

And PSA Become a Picker Dev! join the development team!

npuldon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by npuldon »

Looks like there is some error with ghost tinting code. I tried a bunch of different colors.

The dark blue tiny just gives a transparent ghost with no features for belts (like the black tint does for everything). Other entities as seen on the linked image below seem to be working okay. I am using the chromatic belt mod to make the best pop a bit more( https://mods.factorio.com/mod/chromatic-belts ). When I select other ghost tint colors, the tinter seems to ignore belts but tint all other entities for some colors but not for others. Not sure if each color was tested as I'm getting varied results when I do some random samples.

https://i.imgur.com/O3dAthR.jpg

Thanks for your help

Ghoulish
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ghoulish »

Hello Nexela,thank you for making this neat mod, it truly is one of the best utility mods for factorio!

Your mod utilises key bindings quite extensively (ability to change the key binds is a god-send). I wanted to ask if you would be willing to extend this functionality by adding key bind short cuts for increasing or decreasing the belt count with the belt brush tool. For me it's likely the most used out of all the utilities available, but I do find it quite hard to hit those tiny + and - buttons (top left once a belt is in hand) To increase/decrease belt count width. Adding key bindings for these two features would be a most useful addition.
See the daily™ struggles with my Factory! :D https://www.twitch.tv/repetitivebeats

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

The plus and minus keys on the keyboard are the default for adjusting it

Ghoulish
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ghoulish »

Well, today I learned :)
See the daily™ struggles with my Factory! :D https://www.twitch.tv/repetitivebeats

fladnag999
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by fladnag999 »

Looks like Version 0.17.35 broke this mod.

Amnesia0
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Amnesia0 »

I'm not sure if it is just PickerExtended or Picker also, but the first gives me these messages every time an item go to my trash slots.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pyw8974sm12zl ... g.PNG?dl=0

Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bizobinator »

I've been getting this error since updating to 17.36...
picker tweaker error.PNG
picker tweaker error.PNG (33.97 KiB) Viewed 5737 times

Ghoulish
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ghoulish »

An error just popped up, didn't cause any issue.
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (111.63 KiB) Viewed 5647 times

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Blame theStaplerGun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully will get a fix out for it soon but until then it is just spammy :P

code99
Inserter
Inserter

Post by code99 »

Hey, love your mods!

One question tho, if I get picker extended, do i need the other ones as well or are all of them included in picker extended? Last I played factorio they were all in Picker extended if i recall correctly

Thanks

TheBloke
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TheBloke »

code99 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:20 am
Hey, love your mods!

One question tho, if I get picker extended, do i need the other ones as well or are all of them included in picker extended? Last I played factorio they were all in Picker extended if i recall correctly

Thanks
For version 0.16, the current stable release, there is a single mod: Picker Extended Version. It has all UI/QOL features in one huge mod.

As of version 0.17, Nexela has split into multiple individual mods with separate functions. Eg Picker Blueprinter includes the ability to mirror blueprints and snap them to one edge and other blueprint-related stuff; Picker Belt Tools provides the Belt Brush; Picker Vehicle Tools includes the vehicle locator and train-related stuff, and so on. There is still a mod called Picker Extended, which includes features related to the picker tool, plus a few random things like a Screenshot tool, modified search light, character colour selector, and other things.

An easy way to find out which feature is in which mod is to install them all, then go in-game and check Mod Settings. Check the Startup, Map and Player sections, and you will see a bunch of settings which are categorised per-mod. So you can see which mod is adding which feature. Likewise check Settings->Controls->Mods, which again is listed per-mod, as some features don't have a UI button, just a keyboard shortcut.

As of 0.17 there is also now a library mod called Picker Atheneum that the other mods require. But it will be installed automatically by the in-game Mod UI, so you don't need to worry about installing it manually. Same with Factorio Standard Library.

Some features of the 0.16 Picker Extended Version are not yet migrated to the individual 0.17 mods, such as the Sticky Notes.

Also, there are some new features added to the individual 0.17 mods that were not part of 0.16's version, such as a new logistics management system which attempts to manage your logistic requests using only your Auto Trash settings, and some new graphics for rails, and a few other things. They're not really documented (last I checked), so you just need to play about with them in-game.

There's also two other mods, Picker Tweaks and Picker Cheats, that as the names suggest do more than just UI stuff. For example Picker Tweaks includes a Far Reach and Squeak Through implementation plus other stuff, and Picker Cheats is cheaty stuff.

TLDR: If you're in 0.17, you likely want to try out all the Picker mods, except possibly Picker Tweaks and Picker Cheats. You can then disable/remove individual mods if you decide you don't want/need the features it provides. For 0.16, just install Picker Extended Version.

Here's the list of mods I have installed in 0.17:
PickerAtheneum_1.0.4.zip
PickerBeltTools_1.0.2.zip
PickerBlueprinter_1.0.6.zip
PickerDollies_1.0.3.zip
PickerExtended_4.0.9.zip
PickerInventoryTools_1.0.2.zip
PickerVehicles_1.0.3.zip

which is all the non-tweak/cheat mods, except Picker Equipment Keys, which I don't need as I only ever used the hotkeys for Roboports and Exos, and that's now in vanilla.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

TheBloke wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:04 pm
Almost everything He said!!!!! I might have to hire him for the Picker Public Relations team.

I do recommend Picker Tweaks. Most of the Cheaty stuff is set to factorio default, or not so crazy values. However it does add some nice QOL of tweaks that I don't believe change the game enough to count!

PickerEquipmentKeys will probably be deprecated soon. I will switch to using shortcuts and just incorporate them into PickerExtended And move the nanobots equipment keys to nanobots.

PickerPipeTools is another good one, The next version will have clamped pipes off by default.

PickerNotes and PickerFill are still very much WIP though.

arbarbonif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by arbarbonif »

When I hover over ghost with a non-ghost in my hand it places it in place, which is nice. However underground pipes aren't being placed with the proper orientation, it looks like they all get the orientation of the first one I place.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

arbarbonif wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:29 pm
When I hover over ghost with a non-ghost in my hand it places it in place, which is nice. However underground pipes aren't being placed with the proper orientation, it looks like they all get the orientation of the first one I place.
It's on my ToFix list. Might possibly need a similar hack like I did for belts.

code99
Inserter
Inserter

Post by code99 »

Thanks for the lenghty explanation :D

I did get the all and just messed around with the settings :)

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

Hey, picker is awesome. As time goes on I find I'm more and more using it. :)

With the Picker Inventory tools, there are options around auto-destroying empty things in your inventory: blueprints, destruction and upgrade plans, books, etc.

They look temptingly good, but actually turn out to be a bit of a pain, because they make it a bit hard to edit or fill them and all. Would it be possible to adjust those choices so that they only destroy these empty planners if (a) they are not in a quickslot on any of the 10 bars, and (b) only once the inventory UI is closed?

That'd, at least for me, be the "do what I mean" behaviour. :)

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

I'll see if I can come up with some ideas for this. In the meantime you can use the `edit held item' keybind

Code: Select all

ctrl-shift-`

Return to “Mods”