[0.17.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

User avatar
bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 6858
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 1:01 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.17.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by bobingabout » Tue May 21, 2019 3:57 pm

vehicle equipment 0.17.3:
fixed laser defence 2 buffer capacity.
Recoloured the lights on robot charge pads 2 and 3. (to match new logistics)
Fixed that Roboports weren't all supposed to cost steel plates
Fixed science pack replacements when Bobtech Logistic science pack exists.

equipment 0.17.2:
Recoloured the lights on robot charge pads 2 and 3. (to match new logistics)
Fixed that Roboports weren't all supposed to cost steel plates
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

User avatar
bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 6858
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 1:01 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.17.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by bobingabout » Tue May 21, 2019 5:16 pm

Updates!

Library 0.17.1:
Added many missing entries to bobmods.lib.recipe.difficulty_split
Added ingredient/result entry check for table on add and set functions.
Auto-bottle functions will now account for fluids with an icon size not set to 32.

Power 0.17.7:
Replaced the green glow graphics of the Reactor with Tintable versions.
The reactor tint is set by the fuel using the new tag use_fuel_glow_color = true
Added nuclear reactor 3 and nuclear power 3 technology.

Revamp 0.17.4:
removed the yellow glow graphics of the thorium reactor, to allow BobPower's tintable versions.
Increased the size of gas and fluid icons.
replaced prerequisite of nitrogen-processing from chemical-processing-2 to chemical-plant
Added Deuterium reactor overides

MCI 0.17.7:
Fixed Steel plate crafting category when Cheaper steel is on and new steel is off.
New battery icon, in both Classic and tier colour versions.
Increased the size of many icons, mostly related to Gasses.
Added Hydrogen Sulfide, Heavy water and Deuterium, and methods to get them.
Added Deuterium nuclear fuel cell and chain.
Added a script to fix fill/empty barrel icons for fluids of icon_size > 32

I've been working on some of these for a while. I needed a base game update to support some of the dynamic colour changing of entities. Centrifuge's light colours, the tint and glow of the reactor based on fuel.

I also updated to HD icons and found that the auto-barrelling functions do not account for icons of sizes not set to 32, so that requires an update to my library to fix my auto-bottle function, plus I included a fix in MCI that should fix all auto-barrel created icons.
I'll see about having that change added to base game at some point.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

User avatar
bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 6858
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 1:01 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.17.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by bobingabout » Wed May 22, 2019 10:22 pm

Just a small update.

22/05/2019:

Enemies 0.17.5:
Recoloured nests.
Fixed odd looking worms.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 333
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:38 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.17.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by RocketManChronicles » Thu May 23, 2019 7:01 pm

bobingabout wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 10:22 pm
Fixed odd looking worms.
Is this where the Worms did not have the "broken" ground around them?

User avatar
bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 6858
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 1:01 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.17.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by bobingabout » Thu May 23, 2019 7:52 pm

RocketManChronicles wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 7:01 pm
bobingabout wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 10:22 pm
Fixed odd looking worms.
Is this where the Worms did not have the "broken" ground around them?
and the corpses were "see through", yes. (actually it was the shadow drawn on top of the worm)
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

alercah
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:19 am
Contact:

Re: [0.17.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by alercah » Sat May 25, 2019 3:16 am

Is it intended that electronics assembling machines' crafting speed doesn't scale at the same rate as assembling machines' do? The result is that you get different ratios at every level. Counting the electronics ones as tiers 1, 3, 5, it's 3:4 at tier 1, 8:9 at tier 2, and 7:8 at tier 3.

User avatar
bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 6858
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 1:01 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.17.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by bobingabout » Sat May 25, 2019 12:20 pm

alercah wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 3:16 am
Is it intended that electronics assembling machines' crafting speed doesn't scale at the same rate as assembling machines' do? The result is that you get different ratios at every level. Counting the electronics ones as tiers 1, 3, 5, it's 3:4 at tier 1, 8:9 at tier 2, and 7:8 at tier 3.
They're actually intended to be based on tiers 2, 4 and 6, not 1, 3 and 5.

And I can't remember what the scales were supposed to be, just that the Assembling machine is faster.
from what I can see the speeds of AM 2, 4 and 6 are 0.75, 2 and 3.5, but the speeds of the electronic machines are 1, 2.25 and 4. (which is actually what your ratios look like)

but it wasn't anything like "Electronics machines are 20% faster than the Assembling machines", it was literally just "Top speed should be 4, so I'm going to make each machine slightly faster than the assembly counterpart)
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

User avatar
bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 6858
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 1:01 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.17.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by bobingabout » Sat May 25, 2019 2:39 pm

Enemies: 0.17.6
Fixed odd looking biter and spitter corpses.

I had another good look at the enemies, turns out most of my enemies had broken corpses.
also the big piercing biter had the wrong secondary tint applied.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

User avatar
bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 6858
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 1:01 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.17.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by bobingabout » Mon May 27, 2019 3:59 pm

This is a big update for Warfare.

Warfare 0.17.8:
Replaced Glycerol icon.
Increased size of Nitroglycerin icon.
Tank dies into tank remnants, gun and sniper turrets die into gun turret remnants, laser and plasma turrets die into laser turret remnants.
Updated tank colours, purple for MK2, green for MK3.
Fixed the missing graphics on my Artillery Ammo.
Replaced robot pew pew lasers with beams.
Updated Tank fuel effectivity.
Added Robotic gun drone.
Added Robotic flamethrower drone.
Added Robotic plasma drone.


I can take this further, but should I?

thoughts include MK2 to MK4 of each of those 4 drones.
Extra tiers of flamethrower turrets.
other fluid turrets, such as poison and acid

Let me know what you think about the robot drones, and if you think I should add other types too.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 333
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:38 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.17.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by RocketManChronicles » Wed May 29, 2019 12:27 am

I'm curious about your thoughts on more tiers of flamethrower turrets. The vanilla ones are really good, but late game I can see them not being very effective against Titans+. How would you scale the damage or even fire rate? I do like the idea of poison- or acid-thrower turrets. I can see using different ones for the particular bonuses against certain biters.

I never really use the drones, are they just copies of tanks that mimic your movements in a battle pattern?

User avatar
bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 6858
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 1:01 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.17.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by bobingabout » Wed May 29, 2019 12:57 am

RocketManChronicles wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 12:27 am
I'm curious about your thoughts on more tiers of flamethrower turrets. The vanilla ones are really good, but late game I can see them not being very effective against Titans+. How would you scale the damage or even fire rate? I do like the idea of poison- or acid-thrower turrets. I can see using different ones for the particular bonuses against certain biters.

I never really use the drones, are they just copies of tanks that mimic your movements in a battle pattern?
I've not put all that much thought into flamethrower turrets yet, they'd probably just scale in a similar fashion to how the other turrets scale. they probably wouldn't fire more often, because it's a stream, but they'd do more damage and consume more fluid. The damage boost might be a little higher than some of the others to make up for not increasing the fire rate.

The drones by default basically are just a player owned biter. You put a bunch down, and they run off and do their own thing, attacking any enemies that are close enough.
The strength of the ones that exist already are relatively low tier, so not that good with end game, which is why I'm curious to know other people's opinions on them, if I should go through the effort for them.
You can use Klonan's Unit control mod to issue them commands too.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

User avatar
Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 678
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:19 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.17.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by Light » Wed May 29, 2019 2:12 am

RocketManChronicles wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 12:27 am
I'm curious about your thoughts on more tiers of flamethrower turrets. The vanilla ones are really good, but late game I can see them not being very effective against Titans+. How would you scale the damage or even fire rate? I do like the idea of poison- or acid-thrower turrets. I can see using different ones for the particular bonuses against certain biters.

I never really use the drones, are they just copies of tanks that mimic your movements in a battle pattern?
Flamethrowers are effective in their role against thinning the herd to permit the single target defenses to handle titans with ease; However, focus on damage upgrades and using higher multiplier fuels allows even a flamethrower to decimate groups of titans with minor support.

Personally, I'd rather see more fuel types with multipliers over tiers (or types) of turrets themselves, with their multipliers scaled to how late they are to research and difficulty to manufacture. It keeps the icon clutter low while also providing incentive to create other fuels for different results.

Musil
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:28 am
Contact:

Re: [0.17.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by Musil » Wed May 29, 2019 7:14 am

Are greenhouses/algae supposed to be that way by rule of cool, or should they be rectified as to not be useful for power production:

https://physics.stackexchange.com/quest ... lar-panels

IRL, best crops you can get give you ~10x less energy than solar panels.

Imo, easiest solution would be increasing their power requirements so you can't feed your powerplant with them and make a net energy profit. I mean, growing cellulose to burn to get more energy than you'd get out of a solar farm makes no sense.

What makes greenhouses useful is their bio products, not energy generation.

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 333
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:38 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.17.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by RocketManChronicles » Wed May 29, 2019 11:20 am

Light wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 2:12 am
RocketManChronicles wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 12:27 am
I'm curious about your thoughts on more tiers of flamethrower turrets. The vanilla ones are really good, but late game I can see them not being very effective against Titans+. How would you scale the damage or even fire rate? I do like the idea of poison- or acid-thrower turrets. I can see using different ones for the particular bonuses against certain biters.

I never really use the drones, are they just copies of tanks that mimic your movements in a battle pattern?
Flamethrowers are effective in their role against thinning the herd to permit the single target defenses to handle titans with ease; However, focus on damage upgrades and using higher multiplier fuels allows even a flamethrower to decimate groups of titans with minor support.

Personally, I'd rather see more fuel types with multipliers over tiers (or types) of turrets themselves, with their multipliers scaled to how late they are to research and difficulty to manufacture. It keeps the icon clutter low while also providing incentive to create other fuels for different results.
I always have them in my defenses to thin the herds, just never really saw them be that great towards endgame. I can go along with damage bonuses as ways to improve them. Adding poison and acid can help with countering the various resistances the biters may have.

User avatar
bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 6858
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 1:01 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.17.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by bobingabout » Wed May 29, 2019 12:23 pm

Musil wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 7:14 am
Are greenhouses/algae supposed to be that way by rule of cool, or should they be rectified as to not be useful for power production:

https://physics.stackexchange.com/quest ... lar-panels

IRL, best crops you can get give you ~10x less energy than solar panels.

Imo, easiest solution would be increasing their power requirements so you can't feed your powerplant with them and make a net energy profit. I mean, growing cellulose to burn to get more energy than you'd get out of a solar farm makes no sense.

What makes greenhouses useful is their bio products, not energy generation.
In bob's mods, things use wood that don't in the base game, such as Electronic circuit boards.
So the greenhouse is a method to create or automate wood production for those chains.
Although you can burn wood as fuel, that's not the intended use for it.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Musil
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:28 am
Contact:

Re: [0.17.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by Musil » Wed May 29, 2019 7:39 pm

Although you can burn wood as fuel, that's not the intended use for it.
Apparently you can use it for net power generation. I'll try to measure it.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 3862
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:10 am
Contact:

Re: [0.17.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by mrvn » Thu May 30, 2019 9:44 am

Musil wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 7:39 pm
Although you can burn wood as fuel, that's not the intended use for it.
Apparently you can use it for net power generation. I'll try to measure it.
In SeaBlock that is the only way to generate power at the start. But SeaBlock tunes the values for algaes a bit and the gain with tier 1 buildings is small. I'm not sure plain Bobs+Angels have a power gain on green algae.

Burning wood on the other hand to power greenhouses works nicely out of the box.

There used to be more methods. Like making wood in arboretums. But then Angel added saw blades. Which in SeaBlock are more expensive to produce than the energy you gain from burning the wood. Then he reduces the number of saw blades needed per wood. It might be an energy gain now again. Haven't done the math since that update. The extra iron plates needed certainly make this method way more complex and less attractive than greenhouses.

There is also I think a sodium (was it?) loop with algae paste that gains you more paste which you can turn into wood and burn.

User avatar
bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 6858
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 1:01 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.17.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by bobingabout » Thu May 30, 2019 11:18 pm

The update you've all been waiting for since 0.17 introduced a new ore generation system is finally here:

Library 0.17.2:
Added resource-generation, based on the 0.17 resource autoplace system.
Also added bobmods.lib.resource.generate_autoplace_control(control) function. it creates an autoplace-control with the given name, and adds it to the list of map-gen-presets.

ores: 0.17.2:
updated to work with library 0.17.2 resource generation system.

MCI: 0.17.8:
Updated to work with ores 0.17.2
Thorium is enabled with the ore overrides
Removed the large fluid icon barrelling fix as it is now in factorio 0.17.43
Added Alien fire liquid to flame thrower turret ammo list.


I've convinced angel to use the same system, so in theory the full bob-angels system after his updates will have zero conflicts.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

sidelia
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:36 am
Contact:

Re: [0.17.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by sidelia » Thu May 30, 2019 11:38 pm

Updating to this on an existing game with RSO and Angels infinite ores deleted all the infinite patches of bobs ores with a popup saying the resources are deleted.

User avatar
bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 6858
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 1:01 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.17.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by bobingabout » Fri May 31, 2019 2:11 am

sidelia wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 11:38 pm
Updating to this on an existing game with RSO and Angels infinite ores deleted all the infinite patches of bobs ores with a popup saying the resources are deleted.
I think you might need to wait until Angel updates his mod for that to not happen.
he's working on it.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Post Reply

Return to “Bob's mods”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users