Player Ammo Damage and Gun Speed Modifier

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Player Ammo Damage and Gun Speed Modifier

Post by ownlyme »

I'm making an RPG mod and want to adjust the player's damage and attackspeed based on equipment, but those modifiers are only available on forces.
There are 4 workarounds, with terrible side effects:
- Making ~2500 prototypes per weapon (increases the game's loading time a ton)
- 50 Prototypes per weapon for the attackspeed, along with damage detection for the damage modifier (very script intensive)
- Give each player their own force (terrible mod compatibility) AND can't blueprint other forces' buildings
- A seperate Ammo category for every player (copying guns & ammo) (Huge issues with towers)

It would be really nice if you could add these modifiers to LuaPlayer (adding on top of the force modifier), i suggest turrets not profitting from them. (!!)
Ty

Edit: It should also be fixed that players loose their modifiers on death...
Last edited by ownlyme on Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mods.factorio.com/user/ownlyme
My requests: uiAbove||Grenade arc||Blueprint allies||Creeps forget command/ don't get removed||Player Modifiers||textbox::selection||Better Heat IF||Singleplayer RCON||tank bug w/ min_range >= projectile_creation_distance

ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Player Ammo Damage and Gun Speed Modifier

Post by ownlyme »

look what you made me do..
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6v3hyp4917k1a ... .zip?raw=1
Any sane programmer would have to puke from the intrusiveness of this code and incompatibility with literally anything else.
My requests: uiAbove||Grenade arc||Blueprint allies||Creeps forget command/ don't get removed||Player Modifiers||textbox::selection||Better Heat IF||Singleplayer RCON||tank bug w/ min_range >= projectile_creation_distance

ZwerOxotnik
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ZwerOxotnik »

I have an imitation of player ammo damage for "Adrenaline" mod. But the imitation spreads also on turrets, units etc and the buff works only when there is only one online player in team.

Gun speed modifier and player ammo damage will be useful for RPG mods. For example:
RPG System, Roguelike Factorio, 角色扮演 - 属性(Role Play - Attributes) etc
I make cakes from mods. However, I don't have dough now but you can help me.

FerrariMAF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FerrariMAF »

We really need a character_ranged_damage_bonus and character_melee_damage_bonus

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

ownlyme wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 12:12 pm
Edit: It should also be fixed that players loose their modifiers on death...
This would help when you play with much lower than speed 1 megabases or potato, and you have to use command to adjust mining speed, running speed, everytime you die.

ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ownlyme »

Maybe we could create different characters for every player and use turret modifier for character-x ...
Not sure how many mods rely on the character being called character...

Return to “Modding interface requests”