Blue science is too hard to get

Place to discuss the game balance, recipes, health, enemies mining etc.
SkiCarver
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Blue science is too hard to get

Post by SkiCarver »

Koub wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 11:14 am
SkiCarver wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 8:49 am
Koub wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 7:18 am
[...]
[...]
Indeed, but extensive usage of (copy/cut)&paste and blueprints really makes things less tedious to setup, turning the wall one hits into a hill that can be climbed - steep, but passable.
red - step
green - hop
grey - short walk
blue - long slog up a giant, steep hill!? :D
purple / yellow / white - a few short skips ... (build some mines and paste some blueprints.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

Well by the time you can get robot frames automated in quantity, you have most of what you need for blue science already built, (plus some of what you need for later science flasks). Construction robots imply a working refinery, batteries, lube, electric engines and red circuits for the roboports. The only other thing you need for blue science is solid fuel, which is pretty simple once you have your refinery running. So it is really personal preference which you do first.

Ranger_Aurelien
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ranger_Aurelien »

There's a difference between "getting enough out for personal use" and full automation. :P
I often plunk down a single assembler/chemplant that outputs to a box as soon as I have the tech, and later can lay lines for bulk... (Later I replace the boxes with red passive logistics, so no effort is wasted).

I think making fuel cubes may be the only thing to do with light oil to start. (Until you research Advanced Oil which needs Blue Science...) (You need HeavyOil for Lubricant, Gas for plastic&acidbatteries)

https://wiki.factorio.com/Oil_processing#Recipes
-
Ranger Aurelien
"Knowledge Brings Fear" -- Motto of Mars University, Futurama

Return to “Balancing”