[kovarex] Having an unpadded button in the left top will cause the hover to trigger when losing window focus

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Anyone
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[kovarex] Having an unpadded button in the left top will cause the hover to trigger when losing window focus

Post by Anyone »

If you have a button in the left top window (or any other element really), of which hits the top left corner (thus no padding), it will trigger the hover effect when your factorio game instance loses window focus.

The bug can be reproduced with the redmew scenario, any scenario from this list should do: https://github.com/Refactorio/RedMew/re ... 26-06743fa

Here's a twitch clip showing the hover (made by TheOrangeAngle) https://clips.twitch.tv/EndearingFineBu ... RedBlaster
Here's a screenshot that I made, notice my mouse being on discord (second monitor, fullscreen game mode, also happens in windowed)

Cooldude2606
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [kovarex] Having an unpadded button in the left top will cause the hover to trigger when losing window focus

Post by Cooldude2606 »

I have found that it doesnt even need to be a loss of focus, I have a duel monitor setup and even when the game is focused if my mouse is on the other screen then it will act at 1,1. I saw that it was at 1,1 by enabling crtl+f6 and seeing that the mod_gui_button_flow was being selected by the debug popup.

Note that in this picture I do not click onto the other widow and that factorio still recives the keyboard inputs.
--- Developer for Explosive Gaming factorio community. Find our code on GitHub. Please contact me via our Discord. ---

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] Having an unpadded button in the left top will cause the hover to trigger when losing window focus

Post by kovarex »

Thanks for the report, it is now fixed for the next release.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”