[Rseding91] original_damage_amount and final_damage_amount output the same value

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[Rseding91] original_damage_amount and final_damage_amount output the same value

Post by ownlyme »

I thought original_damage_amount was supposed to output the amount of damage before armor mitigation?
It would also be nice if some value was provided where we can read the absorbed damage by shields.
Ty
mods.factorio.com/user/ownlyme
My requests: uiAbove||Grenade arc||Blueprint allies||Creeps forget command/ don't get removed||Player Modifiers||textbox::selection||Better Heat IF||Singleplayer RCON||tank bug w/ min_range >= projectile_creation_distance

Ultros
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: original_damage_amount and final_damage_amount output the same value

Post by Ultros »

Why would this be a bug? If your armor doesn't defend against that damage type (eg impact on power armor, laser on biters), one would obviously expect the two values to be identical.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. It's now fixed for the next version of 0.17.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Rseding91] original_damage_amount and final_damage_amount output the same value

Post by ownlyme »

O... M.. G!
THANK YOU!!!!
I think we can now even calculate how much hp an entity had before the killing blow (at least if it has no shields) :)
Awesome!
Last edited by ownlyme on Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My requests: uiAbove||Grenade arc||Blueprint allies||Creeps forget command/ don't get removed||Player Modifiers||textbox::selection||Better Heat IF||Singleplayer RCON||tank bug w/ min_range >= projectile_creation_distance

ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Rseding91] original_damage_amount and final_damage_amount output the same value

Post by ownlyme »

hmm nope final_damage_amount doesn't get limited by the entity's hp..

ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ownlyme »

Rseding91 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 1:03 am
Thanks for the report. It's now fixed for the next version of 0.17.
interestingly, when calling LuaEntity.damage(), that function returns the correct damage amount, when the entity's hp get reduced to 0.
(But final_damage_amount doesn't)

Can you fix that too? would give the event another edge in usefulness

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”