[Rseding91] [0.17.32] Mods screen back button - incorrect number of changes to discard listed in specific use case

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Muppet9010
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[Rseding91] [0.17.32] Mods screen back button - incorrect number of changes to discard listed in specific use case

Post by Muppet9010 »

In the below specific usage case when you click the Back button on the Mods screen it says that there are mod changes to be discarded, but nothing was changed and nothing is discarded if you click the "Discard Changes" button.
  1. start with a clean (0) mod Factorio game client
  2. join an MP game that has mods and a password, i.e: JD's Community map ...
  3. select to synchronise the missing mods and "join server after sync"
  4. the mods download and game restarts
  5. the game tries to connect to the server and asks for the password
  6. click cancel on the password box
  7. go to the Mods screen and see all of the active installed mods listed
  8. click Back and get a message saying this will discard changes and lists the number of mods as changed. This is the error as there are no changes to discard.
  9. click "Discard Changes" and get returned to the main menu.
  10. go back to the Mods page and click "Back" again and the incorrect discard changes message will keep on being shown.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Rseding91] [0.17.32] Mods screen back button - incorrect number of changes to discard listed in specific use case

Post by Rseding91 »

Can you please post your mod folder at the stage when the game goes to restart?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Muppet9010
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Rseding91] [0.17.32] Mods screen back button - incorrect number of changes to discard listed in specific use case

Post by Muppet9010 »

I couldn't reproduce the previously mentioned behaviour, however, I could reproduce the same effect via a simpler process on 0.17.41.
The game automatically restarts after mod download so I can't grab the mods folder quickly enough. Although with this simpler process hopefully the issue will be clearer/reproducible.
  1. Have a server with a mod, non default mod startup setting and a password (see "server" folder in attached zip).
  2. Have a client with no mods installed.
  3. Connect the client to the server.
  4. When the mod sync window appears select to sync all mods and rejoin on restart. Then sync.
  5. Mods download and game restarts automatically (see "after sync and game restart" folder in attached zip).
  6. When game tries to reconnect to the server it detects the mod startup settings mismatch and asks if you want to sync. Select No.
  7. Go to the Mods window off the main menu and see the installed mod present.
  8. Click back and the discard changes warning appears, but nothing has been changed.
  9. You can discard the changes and re-open the Mods window and it will warn about discarding changes on each cycle.
Attachments
mods (2).zip
(63.3 KiB) Downloaded 110 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Do you have an updated version of the mod that doesn't throw an error on starting a new game?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Ok, I was able to reproduce it with a different mod. It's now fixed for the next version of 0.17.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”