Dramatic change in infinite ore outputs.

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

lormord
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Dramatic change in infinite ore outputs.

Post by lormord »

I've been playing the last week or so with a combination of Bobs and Angels. However, I updated the handful of Angels mods today and my infinite ore patches' output have all diminished by at least 80% with just the update and reload of the game. I've tried adjusting the infinite ore settings on the main menu with no luck on the output. Some tiles are even displaying a value of 6% to 9% value. Expected resources, I understand, are similar to fluids. I just dont understand why I'm now only yielding 0.3 per/sec on every Bob's MK4 miner placed on an infinite node Whereas I was saturating multiple express belts just minutes ago.

My apologies as I'm sure this is a repost. My search skills aren't too sharp.
Attachments
20190324171149_1.jpg
20190324171149_1.jpg (2.3 MiB) Viewed 3922 times

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Dramatic change in infinite ore outputs.

Post by orzelek »

I didn't look at current changes but it might be a result of infinite ore changing minimum and normal sizes for ore pile. This will lead to ore percentage being smaller then minimum planned value on saves that had less ore before.
Migration for it would need to search whole map and update ore piles - it's doable but time consuming and I'm not sure if it can run on migrations phase.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Yup, duplicate :
viewtopic.php?f=185&t=68349
(But your title is much better...)
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Nedreow
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nedreow »

I'm having the same problem, despite setting the minimum output to 100% newly generated ore patches still have output of 2% - 12%.
It seems to be an interaction with RSO, the angels ore patches generated by with RSO are very low, but if I remove RSO the patches are normal. Madclown's patches are normal with or without RSO.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Nedreow wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:40 pm
I'm having the same problem, despite setting the minimum output to 100% newly generated ore patches still have output of 2% - 12%.
It seems to be an interaction with RSO, the angels ore patches generated by with RSO are very low, but if I remove RSO the patches are normal. Madclown's patches are normal with or without RSO.
It looks like ore scaling was changed in infinite ores. I'll need to update values in RSO to compensate and %-ages will go up again.
I'm waiting for confirmation from Angel if this is intentional and some sensible multiplier. I can find the multiplier experimentally but then target % will be as I'd like it :D

GrimerX
Inserter
Inserter

Post by GrimerX »

orzelek wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:46 pm
It looks like ore scaling was changed in infinite ores. I'll need to update values in RSO to compensate and %-ages will go up again.
I'm waiting for confirmation from Angel if this is intentional and some sensible multiplier. I can find the multiplier experimentally but then target % will be as I'd like it :D
Did this get resolved? I'm looking to start a new .17 game soon and wanted to check on this before I do. I couldn't find anything in the patch notes but usually orzelek and Arch666Angel are pretty quick to respond to these things. Thanks!

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

GrimerX wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 12:08 am
orzelek wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:46 pm
Did this get resolved? I'm looking to start a new .17 game soon and wanted to check on this before I do. I couldn't find anything in the patch notes but usually orzelek and Arch666Angel are pretty quick to respond to these things. Thanks!
I contacted Angel but he's on vacation so it might take a bit longer to resolve.

GrimerX
Inserter
Inserter

Post by GrimerX »

orzelek wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 12:10 am
I contacted Angel but he's on vacation so it might take a bit longer to resolve.
No worries - thanks for the update!

MageKing17
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MageKing17 »

It was fixed a while ago.

GrimerX
Inserter
Inserter

Post by GrimerX »

MageKing17 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 3:26 pm
It was fixed a while ago.
Thanks. I tested it and I don't see the extremely low values, but I'll wait for orzelek/Angel to confirm since it looks like he found a discrepancy. No rush.

Return to “Angels Mods”