Version 0.17.41

Information about releases and roadmap.
Post Reply
User avatar
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 1:48 pm

Version 0.17.41

Post by FactorioBot » Fri May 17, 2019 11:16 am

Bugfixes
  • Fixed that some noise expression types used by some mods (literal map positions, offset-points, and distance-from-nearest-point) were unimplemented.
  • Fixed that blueprint rotation was not saved for blueprint books in the blueprint library. (68382)
  • Fixed that the focus-search shortcut could be used to bring up the search field when it was disabled. (70903)
  • Fixed that game.reload_script() could break LuaRecipe/LuaPrototype references.
  • Fixed a PvP script error on configuration changed. (70914)
Scripting
  • Added LuaEntityPrototype::item_slot_count read.
  • Added LuaEntity::get_stopped_train().
  • Added "surface_index" to the on_post_entity_died event.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

Adamo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 7:00 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.41

Post by Adamo » Fri May 17, 2019 12:31 pm

Download links are not working for this version.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1240
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:27 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.41

Post by Qon » Fri May 17, 2019 12:55 pm

I get 404 with the in game updater and on the download page as well.

LastDawn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.41

Post by LastDawn » Fri May 17, 2019 1:22 pm

Works for me. Both direct link and self updater.

User avatar
DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 2803
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 11:06 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.41

Post by DaveMcW » Fri May 17, 2019 1:36 pm

LastDawn wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 1:22 pm
Works for me. Both direct link and self updater.
Weird. My direct link (https://dcdn.factorio.com/releases/Setu ... 1558100217) gives me 404 Not Found.

Adamo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 7:00 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.41

Post by Adamo » Fri May 17, 2019 1:37 pm

I am only able to get the self-updater to work. Alternates between 404 and 503 on direct link,

HadManySons
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 2:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.41

Post by HadManySons » Fri May 17, 2019 2:30 pm


darklich14
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:07 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.41

Post by darklich14 » Fri May 17, 2019 2:52 pm

Another vote for broken updater and 404 on website (linux)

User avatar
SmokeyAssassin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 3:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.41

Post by SmokeyAssassin » Fri May 17, 2019 3:41 pm

Yep Me too, Steam updated my client, but I can't get the latest headless linux server download, just a 404.

adam_bise
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 180
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.41

Post by adam_bise » Fri May 17, 2019 3:46 pm

FactorioBot wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 11:16 am
[*]Fixed a PvP script error on configuration changed. (70914)
Thank you!

User avatar
Sanqui
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 7:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.41

Post by Sanqui » Fri May 17, 2019 4:50 pm

The download links should be fixed, sorry for the trouble.
ovo

Hiladdar
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 6:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.41

Post by Hiladdar » Fri May 17, 2019 4:52 pm

Whereas I had issues, patching from 0.17.39 to .40 (404), patching from .40 to 41 was not an issue.

Hiladdar

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1240
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:27 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.41

Post by Qon » Fri May 17, 2019 7:06 pm

Sanqui wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 4:50 pm
The download links should be fixed, sorry for the trouble.
The in-game updater worked for me now! Thanks for fixing <3

maddoctor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:33 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.41

Post by maddoctor » Sun May 19, 2019 2:28 am

my game is moving slow no matter what i do. its been like that for weeks now its almost unplayable now and i even tried reducing my settings and it didnt help. my laptop is Acer Aspire 5, 15.6" Full HD, 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8550U, GeForce MX150, 8GB DDR4 Memory, 256GB SSD, A515-51G-89LS but i upgrade my memory to 20gb. even though my game slows down my computer is not struggling. gpu is 60% utilization and my cpu usage and computer memory usage is almost ignore-able. oh and i tried a software fraps and it show that my frame rate is always above 30

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1418
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:57 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.41

Post by Zavian » Sun May 19, 2019 3:12 am

maddoctor wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 2:28 am
my game is moving slow no matter what i do. its been like that for weeks now its almost unplayable now and i even tried reducing my settings and it didnt help. my laptop is Acer Aspire 5, 15.6" Full HD, 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8550U, GeForce MX150, 8GB DDR4 Memory, 256GB SSD, A515-51G-89LS but i upgrade my memory to 20gb. even though my game slows down my computer is not struggling. gpu is 60% utilization and my cpu usage and computer memory usage is almost ignore-able. oh and i tried a software fraps and it show that my frame rate is always above 30
Create a new topic in technical help with the information requested in this thread viewtopic.php?f=7&t=68653, and maybe someone will be able to provide a suggestion of what the problem is.

maddoctor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:33 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.41

Post by maddoctor » Sun May 19, 2019 5:11 am

Zavian wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 3:12 am
maddoctor wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 2:28 am
my game is moving slow no matter what i do. its been like that for weeks now its almost unplayable now and i even tried reducing my settings and it didnt help. my laptop is Acer Aspire 5, 15.6" Full HD, 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8550U, GeForce MX150, 8GB DDR4 Memory, 256GB SSD, A515-51G-89LS but i upgrade my memory to 20gb. even though my game slows down my computer is not struggling. gpu is 60% utilization and my cpu usage and computer memory usage is almost ignore-able. oh and i tried a software fraps and it show that my frame rate is always above 30
Create a new topic in technical help with the information requested in this thread viewtopic.php?f=7&t=68653, and maybe someone will be able to provide a suggestion of what the problem is.

thanks for the help, i went to the page and i understand fps and ups now. i came to the conclusion that for some reason factorio is not using my graphics card properly as it was only use 300mb before and about 68% of the processor of the gpu and my ups would getting as low as 35, but now im sitting nicely on 60/60 fps ups after turning off the graphics card for factorio and using only the integrated graphics card. something is definitely wrong but atleast i can play now

Post Reply

Return to “Releases”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bored_Mike, Jelgadis