[0.17.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by bobingabout »

DaleStan wrote: ↑
Wed May 08, 2019 7:38 pm
I think bobequipment has an undocumented (and possibly unintentional) dependency on bobwarfare:

Code: Select all

Failed to load mods: Error in assignID, entity with name 'bob-laser-beam-sapphire' does not exist.

Source: personal-laser-defense-equipment-2 (active-defense-equipment).

Mods to be disabled:
β¬’ bobequipment
If I enable bobwarfare, the error goes away.
should be fixed now.
Note: if you have the Vehicle Equipment mod, that fixed it too. I was a bit confused when I removed warfare and it didn't break until I realised this.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Logistics 0.17.8:
Added higher tiers of repair packs.
Added "infinite" (max level 10) logistic trash slots research.

Warfare 0.17.6:
Increased my Artillery turret health by 1000.
Remove personal equipment. Moved to it's own mod.
Changed icons of Artillery ammo to make them more obvious, and added them to artillery technologies.
Added plasma turrets, similar to the equipment in Vehicle Equipment mod.

I'm tempted to add even more levels, or even make the trash slot research infinite. when I'm out expanding my base in my test world, it's amazing how fast the trash slots fill with wood and artifacts. but it feels a bit cheatey, as that would be like having infinite space. "Toolbelt" for bag space only goes up to level 13. (Originally it was 3 toolbelts and 10 inventory size, but since they do the same in 0.17, I merged them... I probably shouldn't have thinking back.)
I also have a Patreon.

Dysan27
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dysan27 »

bobingabout wrote: ↑
Thu May 09, 2019 3:29 pm
I think bobequipment has an undocumented (and possibly unintentional) dependency on bobwarfare:

Failed to load mods: Error in assignID, entity with name 'bob-laser-beam-sapphire' does not exist.

Mods to be disabled:
β¬’ bobequipment
should be fixed now.
Note: if you have the Vehicle Equipment mod, that fixed it too. I was a bit confused when I removed warfare and it didn't break until I realised this.
Error is still there, just in a different place. If you enable Warfare, but not Vehicle Equipment you get the same error on the Warfare mod for bob-laser-turret-2.
I think, but don't know much about mods, you've assigned the beam in turrets.lua as "bob-laser-beam-sapphire", but in beams.lua it's defined as "bob-laser-beam-sapphire-ammo". And the same for the other beams. Vehicles has the correct definitions so the error doesn't occur.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Dysan27 wrote: ↑
Sun May 12, 2019 8:13 am
Thu May 09, 2019 3:29 pm

Mods to be disabled:
β¬’ bobequipment
should be fixed now.
Error is still there, just in a different place. If you enable Warfare, but not Vehicle Equipment you get the same error on the Warfare mod for bob-laser-turret-2.
I think, but don't know much about mods, you've assigned the beam in turrets.lua as "bob-laser-beam-sapphire", but in beams.lua it's defined as "bob-laser-beam-sapphire-ammo". And the same for the other beams. Vehicles has the correct definitions so the error doesn't occur.
will fix.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

MCI 0.17.5:
Added Steam and Petroleum gas for gas venting (void) pump
Added sulfur-dioxide to productivity filter list
Fixed order of gears and bearings.
Added Thorium nuclear fuel processing chain.

Power 0.17.5:
Added heatpipe 2 and 3 to heat exchanger technologies to steam power option.
Added nuclear reactor 2 to new nuclear power 2 technology, on it's own option.
Added recipe tweak for the nuclear reactor.
removed MK from all tier numbers.

There will be an update to Revamp later where if the Thorium fuel cell exists, and Nuclear Reactor 2 exists, it will change both to a new fuel category (and possibly tweak the research) meaning reactor 2 will be a Thorium reactor, where reactor 1 will be a Uranium reactor. I might even rename the reactor 2.
I also have a Patreon.

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by RocketManChronicles »

Wed May 15, 2019 10:32 pm
There will be an update to Revamp later where if the Thorium fuel cell exists, and Nuclear Reactor 2 exists, it will change both to a new fuel category (and possibly tweak the research) meaning reactor 2 will be a Thorium reactor, where reactor 1 will be a Uranium reactor. I might even rename the reactor 2.
This is an interesting set of updates (adding in more heat pipes and also Thorium). Other than hitpoints, what do the higher tier heat pipes do? And now according to your statement here, I would like to see separate reactors, one uranium, one thorium. Along with the thorium production chain, what do you have planned for uses of thorium and plutonium? My curiosity excites me!

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

RocketManChronicles wrote: ↑
Thu May 16, 2019 11:24 am
Other than hitpoints, what do the higher tier heat pipes do?
Higher heat transfer rate.
And now according to your statement here, I would like to see separate reactors, one uranium, one thorium.
working on it right now.
Along with the thorium production chain, what do you have planned for uses of thorium and plutonium? My curiosity excites me!
Nothing planned yet, but I was thinking about RTGs. (Basically, instead of the sci-fi fusion reactors for personal equipment and powering the player bodies and infinite power robots, it would need RTGs instead, making use of Plutonium. but I am aware that as it stands, that would be quite annoying, as the only way to get plutonium is from spent thorium fuel cells.)
I also have a Patreon.

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Thu May 16, 2019 3:40 pm
And now according to your statement here, I would like to see separate reactors, one uranium, one thorium.
working on it right now.
Take your time! Just getting this stuff was a pleasant surprise as is.
Thu May 16, 2019 3:40 pm
Along with the thorium production chain, what do you have planned for uses of thorium and plutonium? My curiosity excites me!
Nothing planned yet, but I was thinking about RTGs. (Basically, instead of the sci-fi fusion reactors for personal equipment and powering the player bodies and infinite power robots, it would need RTGs instead, making use of Plutonium. but I am aware that as it stands, that would be quite annoying, as the only way to get plutonium is from spent thorium fuel cells.)
Ok, I see where you are going with this. I will point out my own opinion that the infinite power robots are "too easy" to craft. They are not cheap, by requiring the personal fusion reactor, but it is not hard to amass the number of logic circuit boards to make these. If anything, adding low density structures to the fusion reactor will justify the cost more. But, I still feel that the fusion reactor is not enough for robots with infinite power. Granted, we have spent a TON of resources on these robots through the tiers, but come late game, it is almost trivial. (I am about to unlock these in my current playthrough tied with MSP 30 Science Packs mod). My most power consuming items are my logistical antennae and charging ports, and once I am able to make infinite power robots, my power consumption will only be one-third what it is now. I like your idea of using Plutonium with RTGs as a form to power them, but I see your point as to how to acquire plutonium. The more infinite power robots you have, the less power consumed, the less Plutonium created... in one sense.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Fri May 17, 2019 11:35 am
They are not cheap, by requiring the personal fusion reactor, but it is not hard to amass the number of logic circuit boards to make these.
I know what you mean, in my testing world I have it set up with a requester chest putting more robots into a high demand starting point roboport on my network. I also set up mines with active provider chests to clear ore fields. You see where I'm going with this.
I had to remove that auto inserter and pull robots out of the network to reduce them to 75 thousand to stop the game from chugging.

If the only way to get them was from Plutonium out of every 5th used up thorium fuel cell, that would make them way harder to craft.
I also have a Patreon.

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Fri May 17, 2019 1:18 pm
If the only way to get them was from Plutonium out of every 5th used up thorium fuel cell, that would make them way harder to craft.
At least with that requirement, they would be limited in number, but also provide the player with a choice (or strategy as you will) as to where to use them. They are very valuable robots, for sure; and I only really use the fusion powered ones in the main base areas and not at outposts. Requiring plutonium would certainly reinforce my current play style with them; but that is just me. Others may have a different point of view and I am curious if anyone else has ideas.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Fri May 17, 2019 1:34 pm
At least with that requirement, they would be limited in number, but also provide the player with a choice (or strategy as you will) as to where to use them. They are very valuable robots, for sure; and I only really use the fusion powered ones in the main base areas and not at outposts. Requiring plutonium would certainly reinforce my current play style with them; but that is just me. Others may have a different point of view and I am curious if anyone else has ideas.
The biggest complaint I'd see would be something like... "But my base is solar powered, I don't want to have to make a thorium power system just to get these!"
I also have a Patreon.

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Fri May 17, 2019 1:36 pm
The biggest complaint I'd see would be something like... "But my base is solar powered, I don't want to have to make a thorium power system just to get these!"
I see what you are getting at. What if you have some "semi-fantasy" way of producing Plutonium in the Centrifuges that is at a worse rate than actual thorium power? Right now you have 1 Plutonium for every 5 thorium fuel cells used, but what if you can produce Plutonium out of the Centrifuge using Thorium at a rate of say 1 Plutonium for 20 Thorium? ...but then this can be scaled and then time is not a limiting factor, like with using thorium fuel cells. Interesting problem here.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Fri May 17, 2019 1:52 pm
Fri May 17, 2019 1:36 pm
I see what you are getting at. What if you have some "semi-fantasy" way of producing Plutonium in the Centrifuges that is at a worse rate than actual thorium power? Right now you have 1 Plutonium for every 5 thorium fuel cells used, but what if you can produce Plutonium out of the Centrifuge using Thorium at a rate of say 1 Plutonium for 20 Thorium? ...but then this can be scaled and then time is not a limiting factor, like with using thorium fuel cells. Interesting problem here.
my first question was... Should I implement some sort of Kovarex process for Plutonium?

Basically, what does plutonium cost now? 19 thorium, 10 lead and 1 uranium 235 go into 10 fuel cells. 5 used fuel cells makes 3 thorium and 1 plutonium. so 5 fuel cells costs 9.5 thorium and 0.5 uranium 235. You get back 3 thorium, so it costs 6.5 thorium and 0.5 u-235.
So what happens if you throw some Thorium, u-235 and maybe even some plutonium (meaning you have to do some thorium power to start the process, even if it is just burning some fuel cells in an otherwise unused reactor) in a centrifuge?

plus there's the random chance elements I can use.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Okay, time for a big update.

Let me know if I've screwed something up, no matter how small, including things like recipes reporting dumb breakdown of components because I've either added one too many allow_decomposition = false lines, or missed off adding it where I should.
Also let me know if my changes to the Centrifuge cause issues anywhere. It was a lot of effort to do, and technically it still isn't finished because the game doesn't support changing colour of lights based on recipe. (which I hope will get added.)

Modules 0.17.4:
Removed polluting circuits from module merging technology, as no merged modules actually use them.
Added allow_as_intermediate = false to all module combining recipes. This should cause hand crafting a no side effects high end module avoid trying to make the previous tier using the combine recipe.

Electronics 0.17.5:
Added allow_decomposition = false to a few items to avoid confusing entries.
fixed resin from heavy oil chemical plant colours

Revamp 0.17.3:
Added all rocket fuel production chain fluids to productivity filter.
Added Thorium reactor overrides

Power 0.17.6:
Updated heatpipe colours on nuclear reactor 2.
Added nuclear-reactor as an ingredient to nuclear-reactor-2

MCI 0.17.6:
Added lead and random result component from nuclear fuel reprocessing recipes.
Added allow_decomposition = false to a lot of key resources. (to avoid confusing entries like it telling you electronics need lithia water)
Edited the centrifuge to use colours set on recipes (the green graphics will default to black if other modded recipes haven't set a colour.)
Side effect, the glow on the centrifuge is always white now, a game update to read colour from recipes on light sources could fix this
Updated steel plate recipe changes in such a way it shouldn't error if steel recipe has been previously removed.

Logistics 0.17.9:
New titanium chest graphics.
Added animated port to the top of the new logistic chests.
Recoloured Robochests and added HR Door animation.
Recoloured the lights on robot charge pads 2 and 3.
Adjusted Logistic zone expander to include an antenna on top instead of a chargepad. It was misleading as it hasn't had a charge pad for a long time.
Included HR Antenna graphics for LZE and LZI.
Added tier colours and HR graphics to the Roboports.
I also have a Patreon.

AmatorPhasma
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AmatorPhasma »

Fri May 17, 2019 4:35 pm
No you don't :)

EDIT: Sorry this should go into the bug thread -.-
Attachments
bob.PNG
bob.PNG (117.15 KiB) Viewed 4388 times

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

AmatorPhasma wrote: ↑
Fri May 17, 2019 5:41 pm
No you don't :)

EDIT: Sorry this should go into the bug thread -.-
Ah, but I did.
Revamp then removes it to make it it's own thing. It's part of the Thorium reactor overhaul thingy... that overhaul changes a fair bit.

I could remove that ingredient removal line from revamp though.
I also have a Patreon.

AmatorPhasma
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AmatorPhasma »

Fri May 17, 2019 5:54 pm
Ah, but I did.
Revamp then removes it to make it it's own thing. It's part of the Thorium reactor overhaul thingy... that overhaul changes a fair bit.

In that case that it works as expected I never said anything :D

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

AmatorPhasma wrote: ↑
Fri May 17, 2019 6:21 pm
Fri May 17, 2019 5:54 pm
Ah, but I did.

In that case that it works as expected I never said anything :D
I'm currently browsing through the source code, see if I can make an edit to make light sources read apply_recipe_tint, so that the glow on the centrifuge functions as intended again, and be green for uranium, but yellow for Thorium.

Also, when you recycle used up thorium fuel cells, look closely at the colours on the centrifuge, one of them is orange.

You wouldn't believe how much work it's been to make that look right, and it's still not finished (since I need to adapt the source code to change light colour), Hopefully, Rseding approves and it gets added in the next update.
I also have a Patreon.

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Also let me know if my changes to the Centrifuge cause issues anywhere. It was a lot of effort to do, and technically it still isn't finished because the game doesn't support changing colour of lights based on recipe. (which I hope will get added.)
Fri May 17, 2019 8:09 pm
I'm currently browsing through the source code, see if I can make an edit to make light sources read apply_recipe_tint, so that the glow on the centrifuge functions as intended again, and be green for uranium, but yellow for Thorium.

Also, when you recycle used up thorium fuel cells, look closely at the colours on the centrifuge, one of them is orange.

You wouldn't believe how much work it's been to make that look right, and it's still not finished (since I need to adapt the source code to change light colour), Hopefully, Rseding approves and it gets added in the next update.
Bob, try checking out the Disco Science mod. The creator has different colors based on different science packs in the science labs. If I have your yellow and red (automation and transport) sciences in the labs, they glow yellow and red. If I add the chemical science in, it now also glows blue. They cycle through the colors of the packs being used. So maybe this mod can help lead you to a solution!

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Sat May 18, 2019 3:47 pm
Fri May 17, 2019 8:09 pm

Bob, try checking out the Disco Science mod. The creator has different colors based on different science packs in the science labs. If I have your yellow and red (automation and transport) sciences in the labs, they glow yellow and red. If I add the chemical science in, it now also glows blue. They cycle through the colors of the packs being used. So maybe this mod can help lead you to a solution!
Long story short... it uses Scripts.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to β€œBob's mods”