[kovarex] [0.17.38] Nuclear Fuel Train not travelling at max speed

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Stevetrov
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[kovarex] [0.17.38] Nuclear Fuel Train not travelling at max speed

Post by Stevetrov »

This appears related to viewtopic.php?f=11&t=68047 but is a different bug that is present in .38

What did you do?

I built a train network with dbl header trains fueled with nuclear fuel, but for testing reasons the trains only ever traveled in 1 direction.

What happened?
I noticed some of the trains had a lower top speed than others even though all the trains were identical. (259 kph instead of 298 kph) all trains are fueled with nuclear fuel.

by putting the trains in manual and driving them forward and back a bit, they then achieved top speed when I put them into auto.

What did you expect to happen instead? It might be obvious to you, but do it anyway
I expected all the trains to travel at max speed regardless of whether or not they had been driven in manual.

In the attached save the train is fueled with nuclear fuel but it travelling at non-bonus speed (259.2 kph) This train was built manually and fueled manually.

What I think has gone wrong:

It appears that internally the game gets max_forward_speed and max_backward_speed the wrong way around for some (all?) double header trains.
So if the train has only ever traveled in one direction then the max bonus speed is applied in the reverse direction and is not used in the relevant calculation.

This bug is also evident if you put fuels with different max speed bonuses in the forward facing and rear facing engines. The acceleration is correct but the max speed is reversed.
Attachments
Nuclear_fuel_train_go_slow.zip
(3.29 MiB) Downloaded 90 times

Ultros
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.17.38] Nuclear Fuel Train not travelling at max speed

Post by Ultros »

Were the trains ever fueled with something else? If the old fuel hasn't been used up fully it could be running on the old fuel until it burns out, then it will start using the nuclear fuel.

knightelite
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.17.38] Nuclear Fuel Train not travelling at max speed

Post by knightelite »

Nice find Stevetrov!

Stevetrov
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [kovarex] [0.17.38] Nuclear Fuel Train not travelling at max speed

Post by Stevetrov »

> Were the trains ever fueled with something else? If the old fuel hasn't been used up fully it could be running on the old fuel until it burns out, then it will start using the nuclear fuel.

No I have reproduced this bug with freshly placed trains.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [0.17.38] Nuclear Fuel Train not travelling at max speed

Post by kovarex »

Thanks for the report, it is now fixed for the next release.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”