[Dominik][0.17.38-1] Factorio crash when assigned assembly machine 2 to build processing units (blue chips)

Things that has been reported already before.
savoy9
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Dominik][0.17.38-1] Factorio crash when assigned assembly machine 2 to build processing units (blue chips)

Post by savoy9 »

Vanilla game crashes when assigning an assembly machine 2 to produce processing units (blue chips). I don't know if assemble machine 3 has the same issue as this save file has not progressed that far.
Game is in a new save file created friday afternoon 5/12. I'm fairly sure I was running 017.38 then. I tried loading a save that was last saved on 0.17.36-0. It worked just fine.

Error occurs both when manually assigning an assembly machine to produce blue chips and when pasting a blue print with that assignment over an already placed assembly machine. However, game does not crash when placing a pre-assigned ghost assembly machine 2 using a blueprint and then filling the ghost with a building. That way works fine.

Save file link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AipDGjGfsIEAgeVwUl-ZLjfSoM0cyA
Attachments
blue chip assignment crash.gif
blue chip assignment crash.gif (6.43 MiB) Viewed 3507 times
factorio-dump-current.dmp
(721.07 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
factorio-current.log
(7.95 KiB) Downloaded 132 times

Ultros
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.17.38-1] Factorio crash when assigned assembly machine 2 to build processing units (blue chips)

Post by Ultros »

From the log, this looks like a duplicate of viewtopic.php?f=7&t=70741 (FluidBoxManager.cpp:464 crash).

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [Dominik][0.17.38-1] Factorio crash when assigned assembly machine 2 to build processing units (blue chips)

Post by Dominik »

I am probably missing some detail because when I set the recipe on the assemblers in your save, by hand or BP, it does not crash. Can you think of anything you did not mention?

nerwall
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [Dominik][0.17.38-1] Factorio crash when assigned assembly machine 2 to build processing units (blue chips)

Post by nerwall »

I believe I am having the same issue on my save. The game crashes when I paste a blueprint with processing unit assembler 2s over already built non-assigned assembler 2s.

I am playing 0.17.38 on Linux.

Steps to reproduce
  1. Load attached save file in 0.17.38
  2. Place the already selected blueprint from the blueprint book in the 10th slot of the first shortcut bar over the assemblers placed to the right of the character.
Attachments
Zisteau Follow Along2.zip
Save file to reproduce.
(7.19 MiB) Downloaded 124 times
factorio-current.log
Crash log following reproduction steps.
(14.9 KiB) Downloaded 113 times

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

[0.17.38] no mods. Can reproduce from save with above mentioned steps (load, change recipe).

Looks like all 3 assemblers (id 34611, 34615, 34618) are in corrupted state:
- removing all pipes around assemblers does not help - there is crash
- removing assembler and rebuilding it solves problem
- choosing "electric engine unit" recipe also crashes
- using editor to copy entity: new assembler is working fine and has fluid connector from top
- choosing recipe without fluid works, but then clearing recipe and choosing recipe with fluid will crash

Crash when choosing "electric engine unit":

Code: Select all

c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-rew5h8\src\fluid\fluidboxmanager.cpp (464): FluidBoxManager::onDestroy
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-rew5h8\src\fluid\fluidboxmanager.cpp (498): FluidBoxManager::reset
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-rew5h8\src\entity\assemblingmachine.cpp (736): AssemblingMachine::checkFluidMixingWithRecipe
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-rew5h8\src\entity\assemblingmachine.cpp (424): AssemblingMachine::setupForCrafting
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-rew5h8\src\gameactionhandler.cpp (2189): GameActionHandler::setupAssemblingMachine
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-rew5h8\src\gameactionhandler.cpp (322): GameActionHandler::actionPerformed
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-rew5h8\src\input\inputhandler.cpp (61): InputHandler::flushActions
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-rew5h8\src\gameactionhandler.cpp (365): GameActionHandler::update
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-rew5h8\src\mainloop.cpp (1139): MainLoop::gameUpdateStep
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-rew5h8\src\mainloop.cpp (1011): MainLoop::gameUpdateLoop
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-rew5h8\src\util\workerthread.cpp (42): WorkerThread::loop

Code: Select all

51.185 Error FluidBoxManager.cpp:464: this->doneSetup was not true
factorio-current.log
(16.9 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
factorio-dump-current.dmp
(714.94 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
Interesting observation:
bc-as2-state.png
bc-as2-state.png (461.99 KiB) Viewed 3451 times
Affected assemblers have only one line "Fluid system" while other assemblers have two lines "Fluid systems" (show-debug-info-in-tooltips)

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

Managed to reproduce all steps from clean map to crash

1/ Start new sandbox
2/ choose "no, thanks" - this way you will not have blue chips recipe researched
3/ enter editor
4/ place assembler-2
5/ choose recipe blue chips
6/ use ctrl+c to select assembler-2
7/ place blueprint somewhere. crucial step: as you dont have blue chips researched, there will be red crossed circle on preview and after placing assembler, it will not have recipe set

8/ (optional) save to get following file:
assembler-fluid-crash.zip
(174.37 KiB) Downloaded 123 times

9/ try to change recipe to blue chips
10/ crash

-- edit:

Real world way to reproduce above is to:

1/ Get existing blueprint, like this one:

2/ Place it when you have not yet researched blue chips (advanced electronics 2)
3/ Revive assembler ghost - revived assembler will be in corrupted state
4/ Select recipe with fluids (electric engine, blue circuit, fill barrel) when possible.
5/ (please do not try to reproduce above steps in multiplayer, fill barrel recipe is "earliest" in tech tree usefull to crash :) )
Last edited by boskid on Mon May 13, 2019 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Dominik »

Yes, thank you all. I have figured out that the missing technology is the reason. Fixing it now. I did not see it before because I was loading it in a bit newer version and migration fixes it.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

See 70656
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Return to “Duplicates”