[0.17.x] Desync With Mods

Desyncs in modded game will be ignored most of the time, until it is clearly proven that the desync is not caused by scripting.
TwentyEighty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.17.x] Desync With Mods

Post by TwentyEighty »

We have a large map that desyncs often. Usually, it's when a player is joining. The other players can continue playing as normal. Eventually the server gets into such a state that I need to restart it or else everyone desyncs while joining. This fixes it for a little while and then the problem occurs again. This is not new to 0.17.37, but that's where the log is coming from.

Can someone please take a look at this desync log?

Desync log
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16VAq7z ... sp=sharing

Mods
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DNl2s5 ... sp=sharing

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17.x] Desync With Mods

Post by orzelek »

Disclaimer: I'm guessing a lot.

Desync report is a big mess of changes. It would be the best to grab first desync report that happens from server restart.
Looking at data of mods it seems that there is a lot of confusion in where entities are.
I can see a lot of steam engines with same positions but slightly different binary data in them. Differences are between xml tags in full file so I'm not sure what they are. Similarly there are a lot of fluid networks that have slight differences.

Data for mods that track entites show differences too. Both LTN and Bottleneck have differences in their entity lists.
It would seem that teleporters might be causing some trouble too since they refer to different entites.

Did you per chance play with teleportation of steam engines or other generators?

Edit:
On second thought - if teleportation mod consumes power for teleport a lot of those changes could be caused by different calculation of power to consume on server and one of clients.

Return to “Desyncs with mods”