Pollution cleaner

Ideas that are too old (too many things have changed since) and ones which won't be implemented for certain reasons or if there are obviously better suggestions.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Dakkanor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Pollution cleaner

Post by Dakkanor »

my idea for it is a tower that takes water and coal, then filters the pollution in the air using electricity, i suggest this because charcoal can be used as a natural filter and purifier. this tower would then suck up pollution which should be fairly obvious by the topic title.

since water could be difficult yo get everywhere i think it would need a bottler which connects to a pipe and fills metal drums with water (these drums could also be later be used with oil) and the drums of water could then be moved to the towers, i could see myself using the towere and keeping them supplied with drones like i would with mobile gun positions.

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

pollution scrubber

Post by sparr »

A building that consumes electricity and maybe water, and reduces pollution levels in the air. Possibly also produces a non-fuel wood-like solid material for construction.

3LollipopZ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: pollution scrubber

Post by 3LollipopZ »

I'm sad that no one has replied to this as I love the idea. when factories are huge they just make millions of biters.
I typically run the game for an hour just standing around and wait until the smog decreases... a pollution scrubber would be lovely... but perhaps a really high level tech or something, making sure you have killed a few aliens to get the research.

BurnHard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BurnHard »

The way I see pollution at the moment is just everything that disturbes the biters. This does'nt have to be exhaust air or polluted water or damaged environment. No biter would really notice that much (they aren't intelligent, more some sort of ants in a collective)

It is mainly the loud noises of the miners and of the assembling machines, the lights at night, the noises of the steam engines. I think the whole term "pollution" should be overthought regarding attracting biters to attack. (since it it mainly really only "noise pollution")
Last edited by BurnHard on Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sedado77
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedado77 »

I'd like something that has "polution -500"... be it a air cleaner or water treatment plant or w/e.
It coud be a nice adding, even if I agree with BurnHard inthat pollution is "something that disturvs biters, not pollution as we know it, we should have a way of decreasing this number.

darkmtbg2
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

A/Or machine/machine chain to control/reduce pollution

Post by darkmtbg2 »

The titel say alot but

A Machine line mid to end game which allows you to suck pollution (A percentage) from an area/machines next to it. and make some solid/liquid to set into a plant which realeases it into an area where the pollution gets reduced or disappear

My troughts of the size of the "pollution absorber" (the Trasport belts marks the size of what im thinking) Grid 4x4
This set up on the picture would produce 96 pollution. absorber Could take 70% percent of this and convert it to the liquid/fluid which would leave 28,8 pollution going into the atmosphere(Not counting the absorbers pollution). and the rest into a liquid/fluid which could go down a chain of machines

If the chain would be too expensive/Not worth it. it could happen to be an unsused part of the game

The pollution would then go to a plant or machine which would reduce the pollulation nothing or 70% of what came in and then the plant and absorber will produce its own pollution which it cant absorb.

and then you could have a big factory which isent as pollutive as it can be now

Plz tell me what you think about it :D (what you would see changed or more balanced)

Altrough this build of factorio 0.10.3 Exp. Just deletes the content of storage of a containment holder which would be really exploitable to remove the pollution which would require a work around for a pollution tank fit it. To make this unexploitable it would require that If the tank is removed or destroyed it would release more or equal of what is hold in it, in pollution value.

bosebuck375
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: A/Or machine/machine chain to control/reduce pollution

Post by bosebuck375 »

I get the gist, but by what means of "cleaning" do you have in mind. I would assume that this machine would have some sort of intake "fan", but after that, would it have a permanent air filter, or would it also need a water intake and a fine mist dispersed inside the machine absorbs the pollution. And could there be a byproduct of this process, like sulfuric acid?

Anyway, this seems like a good idea. Good luck with it.

Nirahiel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nirahiel »

Well, this is something planned for ... nvm, i didn't say anything, actually, I didn't even post an answer to this topic.
Actually, I'm not even here.
Psst, i'm talking about Industrio.

therapist
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by therapist »

I'm not sure how I feel about this, it takes away all of the danger and makes the whole game sort of over-with difficulty wise. Practically turns the game into sandbox mode.

The key to pollution control is securing, walling off, and protecting a chunk of land so large that it dissipates any and all pollution that your factories can produce. It wouldn't seems so "cheatsy doodle" if you were to use fans to spread the pollution over a larger area, direct the spread of the pollution in some way, or something along those lines, but reducing pollution in the way you describe just seems too easy.

SexyRussel
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Polltuion Absourbing Blimps?

Post by SexyRussel »

Hello.

So I was thinking, and how about blimps that you would place around the out-skirts of your factory to collect and dissolve pollution, kind of like the Ozone Maker from Anno 2070. I thought it could be a late game item maybe, 5-by-3 tiles and it took coal to float around and suck up pollution.

Thanks for reading.

Sexy Russel

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Pollution cleaner

Post by ickputzdirwech »

[ick] Merged four topics about some sort of pollution cleaning machine.
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Pollution cleaner

Post by ssilk »

Some reasons why this won’t be implemented:
- pollution cleaning is similar to the idea of detoriation/steady repair: just a target for more resources, but does not bring extra gameplay.
- same effect can be achieved by producing less, using efficiency modules or just a mod that reduces pollution or increases dissipation.
- there are already some mods, that implements this in different ways.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Outdated/Not implemented”