Account synced blueprint books

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Cobaltur
Inserter
Inserter

Account synced blueprint books

Post by Cobaltur »

TL;DR
Store account blueprints in cloud.

What ?
I want my blueprint libary synced on Steam like my savegames.
I do not talk about a Steam like Workshop for sharing blueprint books with other users.
Just my blueprint books.

I play the game across multiple computers in different locations. Games are synced with Steam.
So if I continue the game on a diffent host I got my game and ingame blueprints as well.

But If I'm not yet in an andvanced game state I have not yet imported the blueprints into the game itself.

My personal Workaround: Open an old game on the host and export the book from the game to the account libary.
Other possible solution: Setting up a cloud service onto the folder might also a technical solution.
But having solved this within Factorio like savegames would be great.
Why ?
It does not increase the value of a single game session.

GottZ
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Account synced blueprint books

Post by GottZ »

my blueprint-storage.dat is 10 mb right now. now think about the average.. probably less than 2 mb per user.
i guess it's highly possible.

i've used steam cloud sync for a long time in factorio now even though it is not recommended.. until i ran out of space due to savegames. it would probably be a good idea to somehow allow users to select what to sync and what not. but i doubt steam cloud sync has such an api. maybe worth talking to valve. factorio is big enough to talk to them.

now to OP:
if you are always online just throw your blueprint-storage.dat into something like keybase or dropbox and link it to the game directory using either ln -s on linux or mac or use mklink on windows (requires administrative privileges)
ImageImage

Kinson25
Inserter
Inserter

Blueprints Cloud save

Post by Kinson25 »

Factorio uses steam to sync your saves across your computers, but the blueprints do not transfer. It would be nice to not have to import from string when going from home, to work, or back.

dood
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Blueprints Cloud save

Post by dood »

Blueprints don't sync?
That seems more buggy than suggestion-y.
In the meantime, you can always make a testmap with your most commonly used blueprints to pick them up.

audigex
Inserter
Inserter

Sync blueprints to Steam (like savegames already do)

Post by audigex »

I think the title probably says it all here: savegames sync to steam, it would be nice if blueprints did too

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Sync blueprints to Steam (like savegames already do)

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

They don't do it cause Steam could override changes from you if you work on two PC's and merging them is not easy.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged topics with same suggestion
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Arty0m
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Blueprints Cloud save

Post by Arty0m »

Developers, please, make blueprints cloud saving.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into older topic with same suggestion.

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by zOldBulldog »

It is now 2019 and 0.17 is doing blueprints improvements, but this one was not included?!!!

Blows my mind. This is easily one of the most important missing features of the game. Why in the world would it be ignored?

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

zOldBulldog wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:58 am
It is now 2019 and 0.17 is doing blueprints improvements, but this one was not included?!!!

Blows my mind. This is easily one of the most important missing features of the game. Why in the world would it be ignored?
As I understand it, the blueprint library is one of the GUIs that they are yet to rework as part of the GUi improvements in 0.17. So they might be intending to add features like that then.

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by zOldBulldog »

Zavian wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:16 am
zOldBulldog wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:58 am

As I understand it, the blueprint library is one of the GUIs that they are yet to rework as part of the GUi improvements in 0.17. So they might be intending to add features like that then.
Maybe I should have been clearer. *I am playing 0.17 Beta* (presumably feature-complete and just undergoing bug fixes) and I see the other blueprint features done, but this one is still missing. They fixed far less important deficiencies and left the big one undone.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

zOldBulldog wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:58 am

Maybe I should have been clearer. *I am playing 0.17 Beta* (presumably feature-complete and just undergoing bug fixes) and I see the other blueprint features done, but this one is still missing. They fixed far less important deficiencies and left the big one undone.
0.17 is alpha. It isn't feature complete. Quoting from the 0.17 release notes (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=65070)
Any GUI not mentioned in the finished screens (Quick bar, Train Schedule, Load/Save Game, Settings, Map Generator, Research, Mods) wasn't addressed by the gui rewrite yet.
So to the best of my knowledge, the blueprint screens and blueprint library still haven't been addressed as part of the GUI rewrite.

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by zOldBulldog »

That is good news, fingers crossed.

quinor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by quinor »

Let me just say that blueprints are the only thing in Factorio I miss being cloud saved. In the ideal world blueprint libraries would be saved based on the ingame account on Wube servers so that every time you log on a foreign computer you've got your little library with you. That's my opinion.

menzel72
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Add blueprints to steam cloud

Post by menzel72 »

TL;DR
Include the blueprints file in the steam cloud sync

What ?
It's super duper awesome that steam cloud saves my factory so I can play from multiple computers, it's also super duper awesome that I can sync mods to a save. It's not so super duper awesome that my blueprint book isnt there waiting for me.
Why ?
I use more than one computer to play this awesome game

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into older topic with same suggestion.

AlexAegis
Inserter
Inserter

Post by AlexAegis »

Bump, I lost all 'My Blueprints' because I thought it's already backed up on the cloud.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

GriffiPlayz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by GriffiPlayz »

Bilka wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:47 pm
Great but it erases all of your blueprints, across all machines as soon as you enable it on a new PC, which is not fun.
Maybe at least add a warning?

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”