Suggestion: Spitter slow down poison is OP IMO.

Place to discuss the game balance, recipes, health, enemies mining etc.
Spaghettificator
Inserter
Inserter

Suggestion: Spitter slow down poison is OP IMO.

Post by Spaghettificator »

Hi there.
Loving 0.17 update so far.
Except for one thing, the way the poison slows you down. Its too OP in my opinion.
But, as for my suggestion, if there was no player slow down while shooting your weapons, it would be easier to avoid it. Because as of now, shooting is slowing you down, and thus make the poison hit you easily, slowing you even more and get you killed. I don't think this is balanced.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Suggestion: Spitter slow down poison is OP IMO.

Post by Light »

jlcame wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:44 am
But, as for my suggestion, if there was no player slow down while shooting your weapons, it would be easier to avoid it. Because as of now, shooting is slowing you down, and thus make the poison hit you easily, slowing you even more and get you killed. I don't think this is balanced.
You've got perfect accuracy while moving, thus slowed movement while shooting is a fair balance treatment for that.

You've got to stop shooting to dodge projectiles occasionally, thus preventing endless damage to biters who can't even get close to you otherwise. That's a fair balance treatment too.

Sadly, both are moot when combat research is started as biters have no chance as you progress.

Spaghettificator
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Spaghettificator »

I disagree. Usually when there is a huge swarm of biters and spitters in a big nest, the sea of spit will be too much. So that means stop shooting anything at all making you vulnerable to biters and thus, make no progress on clearing the nest. Plus the way the thousands of spit puddles sit on the floor for a while does not help.
I'm sure a skillful player may manage to to this constant multitasking but it feels like it is unnecessarily difficult IMO.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Moved to Balancing.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hannu »

jlcame wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:08 am
I disagree. Usually when there is a huge swarm of biters and spitters in a big nest, the sea of spit will be too much. So that means stop shooting anything at all making you vulnerable to biters and thus, make no progress on clearing the nest. Plus the way the thousands of spit puddles sit on the floor for a while does not help.
It means that attacking against large colony with SMG is not working tactics. You can use car, tank, grenades etc. in such situation. And in later game of course power armors with proper equipment. Good old turret creeping works also very well, if you do not hate it.

I'm sure a skillful player may manage to to this constant multitasking but it feels like it is unnecessarily difficult IMO.
I am certainly not skillful in fast pacing combat action, and wrist problems give more disadvantage, but felt that fighting is better now. There is actual risk to die if you do not think tactics at all. But you are rigth, spitters and worms are nasty now and I have died several times. I did not even know that there are behemoth worms now before one individual gave me a painful and fatal lesson and I had to check what the heck steroid superworm it was. Fortunately, increased difficulties at beginning give more happy feelings when you get atomic bombs and it is your turn to give fiery lessons in nuclear physics.

JimBarracus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JimBarracus »

My favorite tactic for 1.7 is to run around with 4 exoscelets, 3 personal laser defenses, one mk2 shield and sufficent power.
I dont even use the smg. I just run between the nests and the lasers kill everything almost instantly.
Dodging the acid is really simple.

Sometimes I use regalur rockets to shoot at nests.

Return to “Balancing”