Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Arch666Angel »

Trig90 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 11:37 am
Hi Angel,

I found a bug when placing a Algae Farm from a blueprint, but with fluid inputs switched around.

This is the simplest way I found to reproduce it.
1. Create a blueprint with the fluid inputs for the algae farm switched around.
2. Try to place the second algae farm.
3. You get an error that you can't mix fluids.
4. Rotate building so fluids match up and place it.
5. Go into details of placed building. -> Game Crash.

I don't know if this is reproducible in the base game since I couldn't get it to keep the recipe with a Chemical Plant.

Cheers and thanks for the awesome mods.
Please repost this as a bug report to the base game, because this is an unintended behavior/crash of the game itself.

lamoxd
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by lamoxd »

Angel, are these new ore graphics in refining 0.10.9 working as intended? Or am I losing my mind?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Yes I thought that I Spice things up a bit

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 9:11 am
looks more like tiberium than spice.

lamoxd
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by lamoxd »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 9:11 am
Oh darn. I spent half an hour trying to figure out if they were being caused by some other mod. :lol:
I don't hate them but they can look really artifact-y. Especially the stiratite, which shows as pretty ugly against a snow-white background (courtesy of Alien Biomes). Too much noise, I think. Rubyte looks great though. Love your mods!

Endjinnear
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Endjinnear »

I updated and now I need to make electrolyser electodes? Been searching for a hour trying to find what makes them. Not sure if its Bobs or angels and couldn't find anything on what changed.

pezzawinkle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pezzawinkle »

its angels, you should have 2 recipes, the normal one, and the one with the electrodes... you can make electrodes from steel and carbon (afaik). The only path from memory that actually requires them, is the raw sodium path.

Endjinnear
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Endjinnear »

Just weird. Didn't install anything new just updated and now I need them. What building makes them because there is no recipe I can find.

arbarbonif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by arbarbonif »

Endjinnear wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 6:28 pm
Just weird. Didn't install anything new just updated and now I need them. What building makes them because there is no recipe I can find.
Standard assembler. The electrolysers should have 2 recipes for each type of water, one with and one without the catalyst. The catalyst one is twice as fast.

Endjinnear
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Endjinnear »

Yeah, my electrolysers were happily making sodium and chlorine. I updated all the mods after the latest experimental broke them all. Now I need the electrodes but there is no way for me to make them, as there is no recipe in the assemblers. Have I been missing a mod or something that before I could get away with, but now I need?

Bit confused it was working fine a couple of days ago.

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

I just tested electrode assembly and it works perfectly fine.
It is worth noting that I have the full suite of Angel's mods and Bob's mods installed. I cannot attest to the behavior of the recipe if you lack any of those mods.

Endjinnear
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Endjinnear »

Sorry, I'm a idiot. New update added a new research which I didn't see. Sorry.

You have no idea how long I spend looking through.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

:? 0.17.37
bug
2019-05-08_9-48-13.png
2019-05-08_9-48-13.png (65.14 KiB) Viewed 5991 times

glee8e
Inserter
Inserter

Post by glee8e »

The localisation for the alternative recipe for carbon manufacturing seems missing...
20190509035413_1.jpg
20190509035413_1.jpg (503.34 KiB) Viewed 5948 times

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Airat9000 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 6:51 am
:? 0.17.37
bug
2019-05-08_9-48-13.png
Congratulation some other mod set a thing to nil and leaves it in the table.

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

I believe I have found two bugs in Angel's Mods:

First bug:

The research "Basic Chemistry 3" unlocks 3 new recipes. The first one seems ok, but the second and third one seem to have buggy names:

Unknown key: "recipe-name.dirt-water-separation-2"
Unknown key: "recipe-name.water-separation-2"

EDIT: Meanwhile, I also noticed that under "Coal Processing 2", one of the recipes has the following name:

Unknown key: "recipe-name.coke-purification-2"

Second bug:

The recipes for "Ferrous Powder Sorting" and "Cupric Powder Sorting" seem to have a wrong value. They require 4 powder as ingredients, but it seems that a value of 6 is intended.

I am pretty sure that this is not intended, because it is not consistent.

All tier 1 sorting recipes require (the equivalent of) 4 ore and yield 4 items.
All tier 2 sorting recipes require (the equivalent of) 6 ore and yield 6 items (except for the two recipes mentioned above, which only require the equivalent of 4 ore).
All tier 3 sorting recipes require (the equivalent of) 8 ore and yield 8 items.
All tier 4 sorting recipes require (the equivalent of) 9 ore and yield 9 items.

Since these two recipes are the only recipes that are not consistent, I assume that it is a bug.

I am using the latest experimental version of Factorio with Bob's and Angel's mods and no other mods.
Last edited by Tekky on Fri May 17, 2019 10:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

aleksei-bird
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by aleksei-bird »

Friends, I do not understand, but where in sufficient quantities to take Sodium Hydroxide. But it is required in many recipes, but apart from the distillation of salt water in the electrolyzer, there is nowhere to take it.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

aleksei-bird wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 3:20 pm
Friends, I do not understand, but where in sufficient quantities to take Sodium Hydroxide. But it is required in many recipes, but apart from the distillation of salt water in the electrolyzer, there is nowhere to take it.
The question is, what do you define as sufficient. You just need enough electrolyzers from salt water, which is basically free and vent chlorine/hydrogen with flare stacks. A bigger problem was more, to get rid of too much sodium hydroxide. Now you can turn it to liquid and void it. -> not sure, if it works
Later on, theres a way to produce sodium hydroxide from sodium, which also produces a ton of chlorine.

Just to add. I'm not a fan of voiding stuff, but something like chlorine/hydrogen is very hard to use up. Its also a matter of logistics and how the processes are connected. Sometimes you can move over excess stuff to somewhere else, but that can make it very complicated and probably bad for UPS.
For me, voiding unlimited liquids is ok. I have to pay for it with energy/pollution.

EDIT: Corrected wrong assumption
Last edited by jodokus31 on Thu May 16, 2019 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aleksei-bird
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by aleksei-bird »

thanks for the answer. It is in this version of the game and mod (0.17) that there is no excess Sodium Hydroxide, there is a drawback. And a sufficient amount is about 30-50 per minute, this is for my stage of the game. And then it will require even more. I found a way out - I changed the mod and increased the output of Sodium Hydroxide 10 times, up to 10 pcs.
The voiding of a huge amount of gas is not my method)

madson007
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by madson007 »

Dear,

When using Angel's Petrochem mod and Bob's Electronics, but not using Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates. It appears that there is a problem with the recipe for the circuit boards. The "Ferric Chloric Fluid" recipe is missing. This is using Factorio 0.16.51 (stable).
I took the liberty of looking over your code for the mod and I noticed that in your prototypes.petrochem-global-override.lua you at line 147 disable the recipe for "ferric-chloride-solution" since at line 117 you change the item "ferric-chloride-solution" with "liquid-ferric-chloride-solution". However you do this only after checking for bobmods.plates (Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates mod), this causes a problem since Bob's Electronics still adds this recipe to its list.

So I took the liberty of making a small fix mod (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/FerricChloricFix) for this. Which causes the recipe to be changed to use your "Ferric Chloric Solution". Howver this fix is far from optimized since I utilise only dependencies checks. (The fix will only work when using Angel's Petrochem, Bob's core and Bob's Electronics.) Since when using the Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates mod you have already taken care of the recipe.

I have credited both you and Bob in the mod, and will take this mod down when / if you fix this problem :)
So please don't kill me

Best regards,
Madson

Return to “Angels Mods”