[0.17.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by orzelek »

septemberWaves wrote: ↑
Wed May 01, 2019 5:14 pm

I just thought I'd share the compact setup I'm using for basic electronic boards. Easily tileable; six of the arrays (two are pictured) will almost fill one side of a grey belt; simple modifications to the output inserters to drop on the opposite side of the belt allows a (nearly) full output belt with twelve arrays. If anyone wants the blueprint I will be happy to provide it. Obviously this only covers the end stage of the process; production for the intermediates used in this array is not nearly so neat (currently).

Apologies if this is not the correct place to share such setups.
I'm sorry but when I see wires on belts something scream "waste of belts" and I run away ;)
I'm usually using 5 electronic making machines in pyramid shape with output on sides directed to top/bottom. Don't have screenshot on hand atm.

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by RocketManChronicles »

bobingabout wrote: ↑
Wed May 01, 2019 9:06 pm
Anyway... update time.

Warfare 0.17.5:
updated bob-power-armor-3 prerequisites for 0.17.35 changes

Tech 0.17.3:
updated personal-roboport-equipment-2 for 0.17.35 changes

MCI 0.17.4:
Updated for 0.17.35 player -> character changes

Assembly 0.17.4:

electronics 0.17.4:

there's also a related change to classes... but while these versions WILL work in older versions of the game, Classes will not. and the game isn't smart enough to not try to install it.
0.17.35???? I do not see it on the release forums nor through Steam. Are you ahead of the curve? :)

And since I do not yet know, what are these "0.17.35 player -> character changes"?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

RocketManChronicles wrote: ↑
Wed May 01, 2019 10:51 pm
0.17.35???? I do not see it on the release forums nor through Steam. Are you ahead of the curve? :)

And since I do not yet know, what are these "0.17.35 player -> character changes"?
Yes, I'm ahead: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=70188&p=426849#p426646
Estimated release date: Tomorrow.

Classes mod also needs a player->character update, which I've done, but there was no way to do it and be compatible with older versions of the game, so I'm not releasing it until 0.17.35 is out.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

orzelek wrote: ↑
Wed May 01, 2019 10:22 pm
I'm sorry but when I see wires on belts something scream "waste of belts" and I run away ;)
I'm usually using 5 electronic making machines in pyramid shape with output on sides directed to top/bottom. Don't have screenshot on hand atm.
I designed the array so that I can use regular inserters. I have yet to unlock fast inserters, or more complicated inserter positions, or even better power poles (I did not have tier 2 science pack production when I made the array), and this was the best system I could find that would produce maximum output immediately without having to upgrade inserters. The half-belt of tinned wire is all that is needed (it would take a full belt to produce a full belt output, but I didn't need that for a factory that I'll tear down and replace as soon as I upgrade my ore processing and build some early construction bots), and I'll use a similar system later when I have tin wire coils on the main bus. I would never put wires on a belt bus (except as wire coils, since those are more densely packed than plates); they're crafted on-site, just not in the screenshot.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

I just thought I'd share the compact setup I'm using for basic electronic boards. Easily tileable; six of the arrays (two are pictured) will almost fill one side of a grey belt; simple modifications to the output inserters to drop on the opposite side of the belt allows a (nearly) full output belt with twelve arrays. If anyone wants the blueprint I will be happy to provide it. Obviously this only covers the end stage of the process; production for the intermediates used in this array is not nearly so neat (currently).

electronic1.png
electronic1.png (793.25 KiB) Viewed 5243 times
I do it this way. A 90Β° inserter is as fast a two with 180Β°.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Is there any point in putting basic electronic boards on a belt? Unless I'm mistaken (or my additional mods confuse me with changed names and graphics) there only use for basic electronic boards is to make the green electronic boards. With 2 basic electronic board assemblers per electronic board assembler.

boran_blok
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by boran_blok »

Well, I cant of course speak for all mod combinations, but in seablock at least you use basic electronic boards for damn near everything.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

mrvn wrote: ↑
Thu May 02, 2019 2:11 pm

Is there any point in putting basic electronic boards on a belt? Unless I'm mistaken (or my additional mods confuse me with changed names and graphics) there only use for basic electronic boards is to make the green electronic boards. With 2 basic electronic board assemblers per electronic board assembler.
in bob's mods, the boards themselves with no components on are T0 electronics, used for all the stuff that needs electronics before the first electronics research.
I also have a Patreon.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Thu May 02, 2019 2:56 pm

in bob's mods, the boards themselves with no components on are T0 electronics, used for all the stuff that needs electronics before the first electronics research.
Yes, I need the boards without resistors for lots of stuff. But with resistors I only see the green circuit boards as consumer in my SeaBlock game.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Classes 0.17.5:
I also have a Patreon.

Kargaros
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kargaros »

Thu May 02, 2019 3:18 pm
Thu May 02, 2019 2:56 pm
Yes, I need the boards without resistors for lots of stuff. But with resistors I only see the green circuit boards as consumer in my SeaBlock game.
That's because the Sea Block pack contains the Circuit Processing mod, https://mods.factorio.com/mod/CircuitProcessing, on top of Bob's mods.

lamoxd
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by lamoxd »

Is there any way to force inserters to only be adjustable to long range if they're actually long inserters? Feels kind of broken being able to build regular and fast inserters and having them act as long ones as well.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

lamoxd wrote: ↑
Sat May 04, 2019 5:15 pm
Is there any way to force inserters to only be adjustable to long range if they're actually long inserters? Feels kind of broken being able to build regular and fast inserters and having them act as long ones as well.
There is if you manually add them to the forbidden list, which can be done via command line. There's no command to remove something from the forbidden list after it's added.

The main way it was designed to allow anything to be edited was because many of these used to be variants in my logistics mod. Most of those options were removed as being able to edit the positions of any inserter was easier on everyone than having as many as 8 different versions of each tier of inserter.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Bob released a new mod. And it's not about tea!

https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Bobingabout/bobequipment
I also have a Patreon.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

Sun May 05, 2019 12:18 am

Is that the equipment from the warfare mod? Or did you create some new?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

ukezi wrote: ↑
Sun May 05, 2019 5:34 pm

It's all the equipment from warfare, which I plan to remove in the next warfare update, plus roboport equipment.
I also have a Patreon.

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by RocketManChronicles »

Sun May 05, 2019 7:39 pm
ukezi wrote: ↑
Sun May 05, 2019 5:34 pm

It's all the equipment from warfare, which I plan to remove in the next warfare update, plus roboport equipment.
Good to know! Downloading immediately!

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Vehicle equipment 0.17.2
Added allow_robot_dispatch_in_automatic_mode to cargo wagons
Added 4 tiers of roboport and modular roboports for vehicles.
I also have a Patreon.

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DaleStan »

I think bobequipment has an undocumented (and possibly unintentional) dependency on bobwarfare:

Code: Select all

Failed to load mods: Error in assignID, entity with name 'bob-laser-beam-sapphire' does not exist.

Source: personal-laser-defense-equipment-2 (active-defense-equipment).

Mods to be disabled:
β¬’ bobequipment
If I enable bobwarfare, the error goes away.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

DaleStan wrote: ↑
Wed May 08, 2019 7:38 pm
I think bobequipment has an undocumented (and possibly unintentional) dependency on bobwarfare:

Code: Select all

Failed to load mods: Error in assignID, entity with name 'bob-laser-beam-sapphire' does not exist.

Source: personal-laser-defense-equipment-2 (active-defense-equipment).

Mods to be disabled:
β¬’ bobequipment
If I enable bobwarfare, the error goes away.
Thanks for the report. I obviously missed moving certain things over.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to β€œBob's mods”