Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: pY Petroleum Handling

Post by Blokus »

Nyakko wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:43 pm
Can't find Regenerative Heat Exchanger and make Hot Air:
https://imgur.com/teQJ9oU
The internal name is presumably something you don't expect so you can't search it easily. It's there in the Petroleum Handling tab in 1.0.5. At some point the alignment between internal names and English localized names will probably need some work, but this isn't the only issue of this type in the pack at the moment. (For example, "tailings" are called "dirty-water" internally.)

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

I know the hot air recipes are dynamically generated, but some of them need a balance pass. For example, making glass with hot air is 6 quartz ore to 3 glass. By comparison, the first coal gas recipe using crushed quartz is 10:3 while the second one is 10:4, so the hot air one is just better even though it's less complicated and has minimal tech unlocks.

Alluvial
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Alluvial »

Nyakko wrote:
Should have given a file name and line number with that error. Also make sure its actually between just py and peppe.
kingarthur: OK, did the tests you proposed. Here are the results.
1) just Peppe's mod
just longer undergrond.png
just longer undergrond.png (320.48 KiB) Viewed 5298 times
launched fine

2) pyPH and dependancies only
just pyPH and deps.png
just pyPH and deps.png (343.93 KiB) Viewed 5298 times
launched fine

3) both pyPH and underground redux, and nothing else
failure.png
failure.png (90.43 KiB) Viewed 5298 times
if I'm reading the error correctly, it's line 87 of Peppe's data-final-fixes.lua (attached). Peppe's code is a little cryptic but it looks as if the code is trying to index into a local copy of data.raw.recipe.ingredients and not finding an entry, or at least the factorio initialization parser now thinks this table item is nil at this point. Hard to say which recipe is causing the error, but maybe "transport-belt" ?

4) also found that this py chain of modules needs pyIndustry, although it is not listed as a dependency
no industry error.png
no industry error.png (82.23 KiB) Viewed 5298 times

Please let me know if I can do any other simple test for you. I would like to help resolve this, not just to get Peppe's mod working with py's again, but because this behavior seems to point to an issue with any mod that tries to touch a recipe that py has changed.
Attachments
data-final-fixes.lua
(2.85 KiB) Downloaded 118 times

Nyakko
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nyakko »

Nyakko wrote:
Can't find Regenerative Heat Exchanger and make Hot Air:
https://imgur.com/teQJ9oU
Problem solved:

Code: Select all

/c game.player.force.reset_technology_effects()
Yes, i was warned "dont put it into a running game....we dont know how it will reacts."
Sorry for troubles.

TwentyEighty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TwentyEighty »

I have two more suggestions for improved recipes. engine-unit-02 saves only a bit of aluminum, it uses more everything else. It would need a buff to be usable. And secondly, it would be nice to have rubber-belt recipes for fast transport belt and express transport belt, the same as the yellow transport belt and the insterts. Maybe save some stainless steel by using more rubber or grease or whatever. Underneathies and splitters recipes would be overkill probably, just talking about the belts.

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

TwentyEighty wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:51 pm
I have two more suggestions for improved recipes. engine-unit-02 saves only a bit of aluminum, it uses more everything else. It would need a buff to be usable. And secondly, it would be nice to have rubber-belt recipes for fast transport belt and express transport belt, the same as the yellow transport belt and the insterts. Maybe save some stainless steel by using more rubber or grease or whatever. Underneathies and splitters recipes would be overkill probably, just talking about the belts.
Not sure what you mean about engines. In 1.0.5 you use 1.5x as much pipe, 0.75x as many small parts, and the same amount of aluminum, and then throw in 4 rubber belts. Then you get twice as many engines and the recipe completes three times faster as well. The main issue I have is just that rubber itself seems rather expensive, but the styrene recipe doesn't seem all that bad.

But I agree, more uses for rubber! Right now it only goes into bots, engines, T2 parts, T3 parts, yellow belts, and all the different kinds of non-yellow inserters.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Blokus wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:18 am
But I agree, more uses for rubber! Right now it only goes into bots, engines, T2 parts, T3 parts, yellow belts, and all the different kinds of non-yellow inserters.
That might seem like not enough use early and mid game but as you get into mid-late and late game... You will use those parts constantly for other parts.

Aren't yellow belts required for red and blue belts?
So, in an indirect way, they are used for a lot of things.

Dragony
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Dragony »

Hey Pyanodon!

Great mod! Really! Fucking awesome! But today I opened my factory and I got a notice of dozen removed recipes and ended up with a broken factory. I wanted to check what was going on but I could not find any change log?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Dragony wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 4:11 pm
Hey Pyanodon!

Great mod! Really! Fucking awesome! But today I opened my factory and I got a notice of dozen removed recipes and ended up with a broken factory. I wanted to check what was going on but I could not find any change log?
its a new mod, changes happens. Soon will be stable.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

lestat82
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by lestat82 »

Hello
Petroleum Handling 1.0.7 - deadlock:
Science pack 2 needs laboratory instruments <- nedds rubber <- needs carbon black <- crafted in reformer
To craft reformer you needs nexelit plate.
To get nexelit ore you needs Science pack 2
Also polibutadiene for rubber is crafted in multi-purpus cracker, witch needs nichrome - unlockable by science pack 2

PS. Great mod :D

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Dragony wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 4:11 pm
Hey Pyanodon!

Change logs are on github. For petroleum: https://github.com/pyanodon/pypetroleum ... ngelog.txt

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

lestat82 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 5:47 pm
Hello
Petroleum Handling 1.0.7 - deadlock:
Science pack 2 needs laboratory instruments <- nedds rubber <- needs carbon black <- crafted in reformer
To craft reformer you needs nexelit plate.
To get nexelit ore you needs Science pack 2
Also polibutadiene for rubber is crafted in multi-purpus cracker, witch needs nichrome - unlockable by science pack 2

PS. Great mod :D
Can confirm. My save has the relevant sp2 techs unlocked so I can put in this update without breaking it, but still, this is definitely a thing. I also think this change should just be reverted in general because I think it makes sp2 somewhat too hard considering the crucial things that it unlocks for you.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Confirmed...new release being made. things will be fixed.

Thanks
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

I hope you are aware of possible tomorrow update and his changes coz people will start freaking out when the mods stop working )if it affects your suit)
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=70188

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

nagapito wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 11:48 pm
I hope you are aware of possible tomorrow update and his changes coz people will start freaking out when the mods stop working )if it affects your suit)
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=70188
I'll be checking it over in a bit to make sure if anything needs updated it is

Dragony
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Dragony »

The most recent version still needs Chromium for crafting SP2. While it is theoretically possible to do that, it is a pain in the ass, because Chromium is not a material found in the starting zone (RSO) and without trains and big power poles it is practically impossible to get Chromium. Or did I oversee something?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Dragony wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 1:41 am
The most recent version still needs Chromium for crafting SP2. While it is theoretically possible to do that, it is a pain in the ass, because Chromium is not a material found in the starting zone (RSO) and without trains and big power poles it is practically impossible to get Chromium. Or did I oversee something?
Pretty sure you can get chromium dust/sand from I think tailings.

reapersms
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by reapersms »

The sand -> rich dust and tailings dust->rich dust are SP1 only, but rich dust -> chromite recipe is unlocked by coal processing 2, which needs a total of about 170 SP2 to unlock.

Tailings -> tailings dust is coal processing 2 as well. You can get small amounts from tailings->nexelit, but that needs 100 SP2 all on its own.
Primary source of tailings dust before that would be the stone->tailings, tailings dust, coarsre fraction, and tar recipe

You added the lead+chromium from tar & tailings to pyblock, alongside the aluminium & tin one, which is quite handy, but doesn't help a traditional game so much...

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

reapersms wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 3:04 am
The sand -> rich dust and tailings dust->rich dust are SP1 only, but rich dust -> chromite recipe is unlocked by coal processing 2, which needs a total of about 170 SP2 to unlock.

Tailings -> tailings dust is coal processing 2 as well. You can get small amounts from tailings->nexelit, but that needs 100 SP2 all on its own.
Primary source of tailings dust before that would be the stone->tailings, tailings dust, coarsre fraction, and tar recipe

You added the lead+chromium from tar & tailings to pyblock, alongside the aluminium & tin one, which is quite handy, but doesn't help a traditional game so much...
I was thinking of the rich dust to chromium. Forgot about it being coal processing 2 was thinking it was cp1

Return to “PyMods”