[kovarex] [0.17.31] Train schedule used from coupled wagon

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
lvllord
Inserter
Inserter

[kovarex] [0.17.31] Train schedule used from coupled wagon

Post by lvllord »

Hi there,

I just encountered this while trying to decouple a specific wagon from one train to get to another train (which I can't, because decoupling always take place at the locomotive [feature to use Shift+V ??], but this is a different thing).

When you have 2 trains. Train A and B uses different schedules and one trains have wagons (tested with 1 cargo and 1 fluid and only 1 cargo).
Decouple both trains and then couple train B to the wagons of A. After this train B will have the schedule of train A and train Bs' schedule is lost.

I've retested this in 0.16 and there the schedule is not copied over which I thing should be the right thing.

Edit: just added a blueprint for testing. In addition I encoutered another issue here.
The robots won't place the fluid wagon even though the trains are there. You have to manually place it.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.31] Train schedule used from coupled wagon

Post by kovarex »

Well, it is hard to make everyone happy in this case.

The current logic is, that when connecting two trains with schedule, the merged train has the schedule that was changed the last. This works for most of the situations fine (Situations like cargo wagon being the last thing left after a train being destroyed etc), but obviously, in some specific cases it might not be the thing you want.

lvllord
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [kovarex] [0.17.31] Train schedule used from coupled wagon

Post by lvllord »

Hi Kovarex,
thanks for the information :) So then I need to change the schedule of the train a bit, so it doesn't get overriden. That's ok :)

Should I create a new issue for the second part? When the blueprint is used and the fluid wagon is the last part to be placed, the robots won't set it down.
They hover above it and go back charging after a while.

Thx for the great game :D

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [0.17.31] Train schedule used from coupled wagon

Post by kovarex »

The second problem was a real thing though.

Until trains in blueprints, the logic that puts a new wagon onto the rails just picked the nearest rail and tried to put the train there, if it failed, it failed.

But now, when we have a constraint for position and direction when reviving ghost trains, the nearest rail actually might not be the correct one the achieve the desired precise position of the wagon, this is why it was failing.

By tweaking the logic, to try all the possible rail insertions, it is now fixed for the next verison.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”