Meaning of Factorio in my life

Things that are not directly connected with Factorio.
Ractaros96
Inserter
Inserter

Meaning of Factorio in my life

Post by Ractaros96 »

I've just realized that Factorio may mean more to me than I thought. I'm 23, I am a loner. I don't require typical social interactions in my life, yet I need love like anyone else. I had some relationships, but none of them lasted very long. It's hard, especially when you struggle with social anxiety. I've learned to live with it and did it without drugs or psychological treatments - all by myself and maybe with a little help from a few kind people I've met. I was always different from most people - liked to walk my own path. I struggle with typical life problems like work and trying not to make mistakes that I'm going to regret. Right now my biggest problems are loneliness and saving enough money to start my own company that with little luck and some hard work can give me financial independence and peace. How does Factorio fit into all of this you may ask?

First of all, I have deep interest in automation and robotics. If my life went differently I would be studying it now at university, but it's not possible now. Anyway I don't regret it, so don't worry ;)

When I'm writing this, I'm pretty tired and thus a little depressed, because when bedtime comes, my loneliness gets bad, sometimes...very bad. Today, I've realized that I would like to just shut myself inside my factory and never leave. I play a lot of games, but lately Factorio becomes more and more important to me and other games - less.

In Factorio you are the only human on some distant planet and I can relate to it. A lonely person with robotic companions that you create and those robots won't hurt or betray you. They will help you and you can care for them. Almost, like you would care for...another human. And that's it! I just wanted to write it.

Maybe I'm taking this too far, but who cares? Sometimes I wonder if I'll live long enough to get myself a robotic companion in real life (not one of those sex dolls they make today, more advanced, with feelings and personality), so I'll never feel lonely again - of course, that is, if I don't find another human to love.

I'll appreciate, if someone reads this and won't feel like I've wasted his or hers time. Thank you.

I better get back to bed now and get some nice sleep...
I'm with Factorio since version 0.11.20. I've finally bought the game on March 11th 2017 (played on pirate version earlier ;) ). It's the second game, I have bought in my entire life, the first one was Anno 2070.

Alyssa
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Meaning of Factorio in my life

Post by Alyssa »

I sometimes dream too of the scenario of landing in some distant planet too far away from earth to ever dreaming going back with nothing but some machines and maybe an AI assistant.

It's a very fascinating idea, also terrifying, extreme loneliness can quickly bring someone to madness,but somehow I like thinking about it too.

Ractaros96
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Meaning of Factorio in my life

Post by Ractaros96 »

Alyssa wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 10:24 pm
I sometimes dream too of the scenario of landing in some distant planet too far away from earth to ever dreaming going back with nothing but some machines and maybe an AI assistant.

It's a very fascinating idea, also terrifying, extreme loneliness can quickly bring someone to madness,but somehow I like thinking about it too.
Fortunately, I have some goals that keep me going, but I'll never be able to say that I'm happy, not until I find someone to share my life with. Just calm and stable life without much problems, but not a happy one. I also hope that completing my goals won't be threatened by being alone. There are those moments when I lack the strength to cope with my life, when many things just seem too hard to do.
I'm with Factorio since version 0.11.20. I've finally bought the game on March 11th 2017 (played on pirate version earlier ;) ). It's the second game, I have bought in my entire life, the first one was Anno 2070.

Return to “Off topic”