PyCoalTBaA or the PyCoal Touched by an Angel Compatibility Patch

Topics and discussion about specific mods
kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1428
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:39 am
Contact:

Re: PyCoalTBaA or the PyCoal Touched by an Angel Compatibility Patch

Post by kingarthur »

katalex wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:18 am
Снимок экрана от 2019-04-28 08-16-29.pngСнимок экрана от 2019-04-28 08-15-51.png
Save file
Ax.zip
Usually used recipe with clear sand+broken brown substation from angels mods.
both bob and angel have updated recently so they probably changed something. ill look into this asap. should have it fixed sometime today

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1428
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:39 am
Contact:

Re: PyCoalTBaA or the PyCoal Touched by an Angel Compatibility Patch

Post by kingarthur »

new patch out.

adds compatibility for aai industries + pymods.
adds a science pack 0 that replaces automation science pack in the early techs and is added to the rest of the tech tree

fixed an deadlock from abpy when pyrawores and bobs logistic is enabled due to crystal mine needing transport belt that is locked behind tech

also add a thumbnail and changed the mod description on the mod portal because why not

YunoAloe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:22 pm
Contact:

Re: PyCoalTBaA or the PyCoal Touched by an Angel Compatibility Patch

Post by YunoAloe »

One of the last updates added science pack 0 to all techs for me. This is definitely not right, as I even have AAI industries disabled.
Also "belt" from pyPH is not craftable, this is a game stopper.

Delanii
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:51 pm
Contact:

Re: PyCoalTBaA or the PyCoal Touched by an Angel Compatibility Patch

Post by Delanii »

Hello,
from "looking behind" perspective I am happy to confirm that all Amators mods are working together with full Pyanodon (and a lot more of others). Sadly I have hit game loading incompatibility of those with Omnimatter.
Kingarthur, would you be interested in looking into it someday? I know Omnimatter is most probably on sidetrack for some time, just asking...
I can provide all the data as usual - error message screen, savefile of working game before adding omnimatter and omnilib to it...
Thank you very much for the work you putting off king! As you made Amators mods work together with him, they play great together!
Regards, Delanii
PS: About the bug - its something about item subgroup created before its definition, the item is simple iron gear wheel. Without Amators mods Omnimatter loads, so if Amator is somehow modifying this item, it might happen after its redefinition...

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1428
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:39 am
Contact:

Re: PyCoalTBaA or the PyCoal Touched by an Angel Compatibility Patch

Post by kingarthur »

YunoAloe wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:11 am
One of the last updates added science pack 0 to all techs for me. This is definitely not right, as I even have AAI industries disabled.
Also "belt" from pyPH is not craftable, this is a game stopper.
fixed the science pack 0 issue. belt issue needs more research first

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1428
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:39 am
Contact:

Re: PyCoalTBaA or the PyCoal Touched by an Angel Compatibility Patch

Post by kingarthur »

Delanii wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:49 pm
Hello,
from "looking behind" perspective I am happy to confirm that all Amators mods are working together with full Pyanodon (and a lot more of others). Sadly I have hit game loading incompatibility of those with Omnimatter.
Kingarthur, would you be interested in looking into it someday? I know Omnimatter is most probably on sidetrack for some time, just asking...
I can provide all the data as usual - error message screen, savefile of working game before adding omnimatter and omnilib to it...
Thank you very much for the work you putting off king! As you made Amators mods work together with him, they play great together!
Regards, Delanii
PS: About the bug - its something about item subgroup created before its definition, the item is simple iron gear wheel. Without Amators mods Omnimatter loads, so if Amator is somehow modifying this item, it might happen after its redefinition...
ill get to it soon(like this week/weekend). i dont need any error messages. i already know there is a host of things wrong with py+omni due to updates so the reports wont do much good.
ive got to fix the just py+omni issues before i look into any other conflicts from them

Irsmert
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:56 pm
Contact:

Re: PyCoalTBaA or the PyCoal Touched by an Angel Compatibility Patch

Post by Irsmert »

With the latest update (0.53) using full Py suite, Amators as well as AAI it is impossible to research anything as "The Strange Laboratory" from Amators only allows one research vial - that of Amator's early game science. Not sure what the best fix here is, seems like Amators offers a good early tech solution while AAI gives the good early industrial complication through motors.

On another note the fuel values of Amators power may need looking at compared to Py coke values they offer huge amounts of fuel, although that's quite clearly secondary to getting research into early game playable again.

Thanks for everything you do for making the Factorio community better!

User avatar
AmatorPhasma
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:20 pm
Contact:

Re: PyCoalTBaA or the PyCoal Touched by an Angel Compatibility Patch

Post by AmatorPhasma »

Irsmert wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:57 pm
With the latest update (0.53) using full Py suite, Amators as well as AAI it is impossible to research anything as "The Strange Laboratory" from Amators only allows one research vial - that of Amator's early game science. Not sure what the best fix here is, seems like Amators offers a good early tech solution while AAI gives the good early industrial complication through motors.

On another note the fuel values of Amators power may need looking at compared to Py coke values they offer huge amounts of fuel, although that's quite clearly secondary to getting research into early game playable again.

Thanks for everything you do for making the Factorio community better!
You are not able to reach the "The incredible laboratory" ?

And yes the balance aspect is a thing that comes soon(tm) kingarthur has offerd help and I will also play this pack (only very slow, because of time...) but I think fuel/fuel_value will become the first patches. ( I need this also for vanilla etc., I have missed that the base game has halfed all values in a past version :> )

User avatar
AmatorPhasma
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:20 pm
Contact:

Re: PyCoalTBaA or the PyCoal Touched by an Angel Compatibility Patch

Post by AmatorPhasma »

Ah the science_pack_0 :D

I will update my mod in few minutes and insert this to the labs!

And it seems like the string for this item is missing...
Attachments
Unbenannt.PNG
Unbenannt.PNG (52.97 KiB) Viewed 2497 times

djubre7
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 1:43 pm
Contact:

Re: PyCoalTBaA or the PyCoal Touched by an Angel Compatibility Patch

Post by djubre7 »

Maybe I should post this to Amator Phasmas thread as well, but as I play ABPy and just tried his mods in my test setup, this comes up:
error_04_ap.PNG
error_04_ap.PNG (23.65 KiB) Viewed 2485 times
Tried disabling Alien biomes, but it has no effect...

Irsmert
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:56 pm
Contact:

Re: PyCoalTBaA or the PyCoal Touched by an Angel Compatibility Patch

Post by Irsmert »

AmatorPhasma wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:53 pm

You are not able to reach the "The incredible laboratory" ?

And yes the balance aspect is a thing that comes soon(tm) kingarthur has offerd help and I will also play this pack (only very slow, because of time...) but I think fuel/fuel_value will become the first patches. ( I need this also for vanilla etc., I have missed that the base game has halfed all values in a past version :> )
Ok cool that fixed it! That said starting with the double science pack is o_0 ... a new challenge.

I've just began a marathon game and depending on how much time I have will try and update you on the proper thread; that said so far I'm quite impressed with what you've made progression-wise. Last playthrough I started was Xander, which was cool and different but ultimately fizzeled when I decided there really wasn't anything in between basic-ever-expanding coal power array and nuclear and I just missed py-power production at that point.

Mostly I just keep my mouth shut and trust the community to come up with cool new things to add to my game :)

Delanii
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:51 pm
Contact:

Re: PyCoalTBaA or the PyCoal Touched by an Angel Compatibility Patch

Post by Delanii »

kingarthur wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:18 pm
Delanii wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:49 pm
Hello,
from "looking behind" perspective I am happy to confirm that all Amators mods are working together with full Pyanodon (and a lot more of others). Sadly I have hit game loading incompatibility of those with Omnimatter.
Kingarthur, would you be interested in looking into it someday? I know Omnimatter is most probably on sidetrack for some time, just asking...
I can provide all the data as usual - error message screen, savefile of working game before adding omnimatter and omnilib to it...
Thank you very much for the work you putting off king! As you made Amators mods work together with him, they play great together!
Regards, Delanii
PS: About the bug - its something about item subgroup created before its definition, the item is simple iron gear wheel. Without Amators mods Omnimatter loads, so if Amator is somehow modifying this item, it might happen after its redefinition...
ill get to it soon(like this week/weekend). i dont need any error messages. i already know there is a host of things wrong with py+omni due to updates so the reports wont do much good.
ive got to fix the just py+omni issues before i look into any other conflicts from them
Thank you for your reply kingarthur.
Amator Phasma, a true ally in this compatibility endeavour, has contacted me with a proposition for solution of bug that I am experiencing, so let me suggest that I let myself known about after next update (or in next week, if you prefer) posting issue of mine with Amators solution.
On sidetrack, I try even test it in my modlist if it would work (at least to "loadable" game state).
Kind regards, Delanii

Delanii
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:51 pm
Contact:

Re: PyCoalTBaA or the PyCoal Touched by an Angel Compatibility Patch

Post by Delanii »

Hello,
I have one more here... Does anybody else have now all his ores infinite? Meaning, I now have all resources in "yield" instead of "expected ammount" :D
Regards, Delanii

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1846
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 3:45 pm
Contact:

Re: PyCoalTBaA or the PyCoal Touched by an Angel Compatibility Patch

Post by aklesey1 »

kingarthur wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:15 am
new patch out.

adds compatibility for aai industries + pymods.
adds a science pack 0 that replaces automation science pack in the early techs and is added to the rest of the tech tree

fixed an deadlock from abpy when pyrawores and bobs logistic is enabled due to crystal mine needing transport belt that is locked behind tech

also add a thumbnail and changed the mod description on the mod portal because why not
Hi kingarthur
Have wish when playing AAI Industry + ALL PY mods - but without bob's mods :!:

AAI glass production very confusing me when playing with py mods
The main reason why we need glass in AAI industry when starting new base is electric laboratory ;) - but first we need 2 technologies - this is SAND PROCESSING and GLASS PROCESSING
I don't want to break py way to produce glass bcuz its looks like seriously realistic
I can get glass from quartz ore and i don't want to crush stone to sand by AAI way
My wish to u kingarthur:

1) Set AAI technology SAND PROCESSING hidden
2) Set recipe AAI recipe 1 stone = 2 sand hidden
3) Set AAI technology GLASS PROCESSING hidden
4) Set recipe AAI recipe 4 sand = 1 glass hidden

Another issue with py circuit board 1 - bcuz AAI industry modifies this recipe by adding 1 wood or 1 stone tablet to it - when playng AAI Industry + PYHT where 3 recipes for circuit board 1 - one recipoe for hand crafting and two recipes for chipshooter machine - these two recipes modified by AAI Industry - let these two recipes use components only from PYHT but not from AAI industry

Its nice that Earendel tried to make AAI industry compatible with bob's mods but now py mods can work alone from bob's mods
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

User avatar
AmatorPhasma
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:20 pm
Contact:

Re: PyCoalTBaA or the PyCoal Touched by an Angel Compatibility Patch

Post by AmatorPhasma »

Delanii wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:00 pm
Hello,
I have one more here... Does anybody else have now all his ores infinite? Meaning, I now have all resources in "yield" instead of "expected ammount" :D
Regards, Delanii
look at the startup setting for bob ores if the bobmods-ores-infiniteore option is active.

Delanii
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:51 pm
Contact:

Re: PyCoalTBaA or the PyCoal Touched by an Angel Compatibility Patch

Post by Delanii »

AmatorPhasma wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:07 pm
Delanii wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:00 pm
Hello,
I have one more here... Does anybody else have now all his ores infinite? Meaning, I now have all resources in "yield" instead of "expected ammount" :D
Regards, Delanii
look at the startup setting for bob ores if the bobmods-ores-infiniteore option is active.
Thank you very much Amator, you helped me again!
I did not even noticed this negligible, tiny setting. I must have it checked from some older gameplays.
I went even further and disabled all the infinite ore generating settings and mods and actually was able to make load Omnimatter with py+angel+bob+madclown+yuoki and others without any non-omnimatter integrated resources; except for resources from PyPH, those are still in available resources, which should be expected.
The bug with "gear wheel icon" while combining all the mods with Amator persists, as I stated earlier, I will test proposed fix, maybe this evening or at thursday (means in 9 hours or in two days).
Regards, Delanii

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1428
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:39 am
Contact:

Re: PyCoalTBaA or the PyCoal Touched by an Angel Compatibility Patch

Post by kingarthur »

aklesey1 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:42 pm
kingarthur wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:15 am
new patch out.

adds compatibility for aai industries + pymods.
adds a science pack 0 that replaces automation science pack in the early techs and is added to the rest of the tech tree

fixed an deadlock from abpy when pyrawores and bobs logistic is enabled due to crystal mine needing transport belt that is locked behind tech

also add a thumbnail and changed the mod description on the mod portal because why not
Hi kingarthur
Have wish when playing AAI Industry + ALL PY mods - but without bob's mods :!:

AAI glass production very confusing me when playing with py mods
The main reason why we need glass in AAI industry when starting new base is electric laboratory ;) - but first we need 2 technologies - this is SAND PROCESSING and GLASS PROCESSING
I don't want to break py way to produce glass bcuz its looks like seriously realistic
I can get glass from quartz ore and i don't want to crush stone to sand by AAI way
My wish to u kingarthur:

1) Set AAI technology SAND PROCESSING hidden
2) Set recipe AAI recipe 1 stone = 2 sand hidden
3) Set AAI technology GLASS PROCESSING hidden
4) Set recipe AAI recipe 4 sand = 1 glass hidden

Another issue with py circuit board 1 - bcuz AAI industry modifies this recipe by adding 1 wood or 1 stone tablet to it - when playng AAI Industry + PYHT where 3 recipes for circuit board 1 - one recipoe for hand crafting and two recipes for chipshooter machine - these two recipes modified by AAI Industry - let these two recipes use components only from PYHT but not from AAI industry

Its nice that Earendel tried to make AAI industry compatible with bob's mods but now py mods can work alone from bob's mods
ill look into it. proably fine for pyrawores but need to make sure it doesnt break any of the others

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1428
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:39 am
Contact:

Re: PyCoalTBaA or the PyCoal Touched by an Angel Compatibility Patch

Post by kingarthur »

AmatorPhasma wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:14 pm
Ah the science_pack_0 :D

I will update my mod in few minutes and insert this to the labs!

And it seems like the string for this item is missing...
i dont know what your talking about. i most definitely and intentionally named it that and didn't forget to add it to the locale file. :D

in other news small update on apm compatibilty study. ive played with the mods a little bit and have just started the research for steam power. ive already found a few area where are is some overlap with several of pymods and am looking to how much the two are going to clash in those areas. given that apm seems to have a very heavy front end content pymods dont start to come into the picture for a bit in the being and there look like there could be a few rough spots where they dont yet mesh into one another very well.

heres a list of the biggest issues i see at this point. its by no means a comprehensive or had a lot of thought put into it yet.
PyCoal Processing:
creosote duplicated and possibly unbalanced
most/ all fuel values are different
coal/ coke have different paths of production
treated wood duplicated and again unbalanced in production costs
ash duplicated and conflicting uses

PyFusion:
nothing as far as ive seen

PyHighTech:
steam clocks to circuit 1 have a bit of a gap in this as circuits with force the player back to hand crafting a bunch of circuits for all of pymods
2 different recipes for circuit one which could cuase is depending on load order

PyRawOres:
raw coal processing chain is affected by the changes to regular coal processing.
fuel values will be off
steel smelting with conflict in recipe costs
recycling should probably have a heavy impact in some of these chains (aluminium being a good candidate being its cheap to recycle then mine new)

PyPetroleumHanding:
rubber duplicated
oil processing

PyIndusty:
asphalt duplicated


this is by know means a full list as ive barely looked things over and nothing has been compared or looked at together as ive been looking at apm by themselves to see what they are and how they play before i throw the 2 together and start sorting out details.

tldr. this me mostly rambling out my thoughts on things so far to mostly get them done to track what ive already found and if anybody's got anything they want to add to the lists feel free. more eyes on the problems the more likely they'll be found

YunoAloe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:22 pm
Contact:

Re: PyCoalTBaA or the PyCoal Touched by an Angel Compatibility Patch

Post by YunoAloe »

I think of 4 other issues.
- The rare earth deadlock.
- Two recipes for circuit 3.
- Belt not craftable in pyPH.
- This is a new one, but there appears to be an imbalance in "fuel production" and "advanced electronics" techs, as they require blue science and they lock a lot of very useful green-only science stuff behind them.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1428
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:39 am
Contact:

Re: PyCoalTBaA or the PyCoal Touched by an Angel Compatibility Patch

Post by kingarthur »

YunoAloe wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:58 am
I think of 4 other issues.
- The rare earth deadlock.
- Two recipes for circuit 3.
- Belt not craftable in pyPH.
- This is a new one, but there appears to be an imbalance in "fuel production" and "advanced electronics" techs, as they require blue science and they lock a lot of very useful green-only science stuff behind them.
mods?

and pretty sure those last 2 are just default pymods and not actually a bug

Post Reply

Return to “Mods”