My green factory

Clever and beautiful constructions, bigger than two chunks
- Defense: killing biters as an art
- Castles, Throne Rooms, Decorations (comfortable living in the Factorio World)
- Main Bus Concepts
- Modular Systems, Factory Streets, show how all works together
- Megabases
Please provide us with blueprints or saves, if that makes sense of course.
Forum rules
Clever and beautiful constructions, bigger than two chunks
zlosynus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

My green factory

Post by zlosynus »

Hi,

so I have spent more than 50 hours with my factory and I am posting a lot of pictures here. After about 30 hours, I got everything I needed and so I decided to optimize my factory on very low pollution (also to get some motivation to mine and produce more). Currently my pollution is very small, compared to the amount of production. Most buildings are running on -80% energy, some important buildings have even speed modules, or efficiency modules (oil industry). I am using a lot of power for beacons, but it creates no pollution :). I am now in piece with bitters, after killing thousands of them. (Power Armor II + Destroyer robots rule them all.)

I have several simple mods installed: roadworks, floors, advance illumination (not much finished, but fun). In my factory, I am using the following floor color coding: red (copper smelting), yellow (iron smelting), green (electric circuit production), blue (science production). I have also one central storage and use logistic robots heavily for transporting advance materials.

Save for those interested: mega.co.nz.

Pictures follow:

Overview of the map. Bitters are behind walls, protected with laser turrets. But due to small pollution, no walls are actually much needed.

Zoom to the entire factory, again inside another walls. You can see a lot of solar panels and accumulators everywhere. Also I have a small train network.

The main advance circuit production area. You need tons of these for modules.

The top smelting area attached to train stations.

Main oil industry, produces tons of everything.

The bottom part of the base where I have started. Completely rebuild for very efficient smelting.

Production over almost the entire play-time. You can see everything growing. Small falls are due to energy crisis and also due to having everything produced. I have limits for every goods produced.

Energy graph for the entire play-time. You can see that power of smelters and oil have decreased after optimization. Also power of beacons is steadily growing.

The storage of all my goods. I use a global storage with active provider chests, and you can see the quantities of all my goods.

Blue science production, now on hold since nothing to research.
Last edited by zlosynus on Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PharAway
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: My green factory

Post by PharAway »

Wow... my factory feels so... inferior now... LOL

Also, my twitter handle is @PharAway05

Check us out on face book at Phar Away Gaming

darkminaz
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by darkminaz »

nice compact designs. Guess i'm relying on my robots way to mutch :D
gotta get those floor mods too i guess ;)

PharAway
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by PharAway »

darkminaz wrote:nice compact designs. Guess i'm relying on my robots way to mutch :D
gotta get those floor mods too i guess ;)

Do they increase run speed?

Also, my twitter handle is @PharAway05

Check us out on face book at Phar Away Gaming

zlosynus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by zlosynus »

PharAway wrote:Do they increase run speed?
No, floors are just for aesthetic purpose. Roadworks increase speed of car and running speed, so they are pretty useful. By I am using floors to highlight parts of the factory, so they make everything easier to understand. Plus it adds some more Minecraft elements to Factorio, you can tune look of your factory.

darkminaz
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by darkminaz »

i just loaded the one without use :P
making flags and cloring stuff for no real reson is awesome :D

like in nfsu2, make your car pretty, then upgrade it.

zlosynus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by zlosynus »

I have added a link to download save to those who are interested. I was playing little bit last night, tripled my production unit production and added a lot of beacons. It required a lot of new energy, and I extended my copper mining little bit. Soon will need much more power to deal with pollution.

The floor mod is really nice, and I also like Advance Illumination (sadly it is not very finished, missing most of the features). If you like tuning your factory, you should try it.

Return to “Medium/Big/Gigantic Sized Structures”