chrisdec wrote:hi anonymoscoot,
any plans for converting to 0.16?
When it will be officially released as stable then I may make it compatible

CoolGangster4
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.15.x] AnonyMods - Overhaul mod

Post by CoolGangster4 »

how am i supposed to get oxygen to use in crafting recipes?

Chaos234
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Chaos234 »

AnonymoScoot wrote:
chrisdec wrote:hi anonymoscoot,
any plans for converting to 0.16?
When it will be officially released as stable then I may make it compatible
Makes no sense for me, as 0.16 is out now for at last three months now. Experimentals are always there for porting mods,
testing out the new stuff and see what have changed to know what must be changed in the mod to work again.

Waiting until 0.16 is stable will endup badly because then 0.17 experimental will come out (definitly).
Means better updating now as to get more and more requests because playing on stable versions make only then sense, if
you don't get any new features from the new experimental and I am everytime on the latest experimental version.

Also I think that most players are using the experimental version instead of the stable ones to get the latest new features.

My opinion to this ;)

pezzawinkle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pezzawinkle »

0.16 is not YET stable, but it is very close.
After the mess that was the 0.15 stablisation (particularly 0.15.10) shenanigans where mods were made and broken multiple times. I will be patient with mod creators who wish NOT to have to re-work their complex creations multiple times.
Besides, the devs are still adding/fixing things and adding features which may conflict.

If you are impatient, you could have a crack at patching it yourself. 0.16 should not require a large overhaul like the 0.15 one did.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

Bumping this so people know there's a release now for 0.16 on the portal. My old save loaded fine too.

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/AnonyMods

TatsuZZMage
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.16.x] AnonyMods - Overhaul mod

Post by TatsuZZMage »

I dropped a msg on the mod portal the boilers 2 and 3 need to be fixed and dropped the fix in the msg

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.16.x] AnonyMods - Overhaul mod

Post by Ratzap »

I do hope this hasn't been abandoned, it's one of my favourite big overhauls. It's been quiet for an awful long time though and reported problems are still unfixed.

AnonymoScoot
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.17.x] AnonyMods - Overhaul mod

Post by AnonymoScoot »

The new version of the mod has been updated on ModPortal.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

AnonymoScoot wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:07 pm
The new version of the mod has been updated on ModPortal.
Excellent news, thank you.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

Something you might want to look into is why this mod doesn't show up on the mod portal. Searching for it doesn't work either. I can only get to it by using the link on the first page. Is it the same for other people? If it's not showing up, you'll get a lot less people trying it.
Is it set private or for some other versions maybe?

AnonymoScoot
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by AnonymoScoot »

Ratzap wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:22 am
Something you might want to look into is why this mod doesn't show up on the mod portal. Searching for it doesn't work either. I can only get to it by using the link on the first page. Is it the same for other people? If it's not showing up, you'll get a lot less people trying it.
Is it set private or for some other versions maybe?
Seems to be set up fine, the thumbnail is missing because now you have to include it in the folder itself, which I didn't do but didn't want to update it just because of it.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

AnonymoScoot wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:09 pm
Seems to be set up fine, the thumbnail is missing because now you have to include it in the folder itself, which I didn't do but didn't want to update it just because of it.
Todays patch gives you the reason you need. The change of player to character will require an update of anonymods (I checked, the current doesn't run on 0.17.35 which is no surprise).

Anyone else reading this, can you try putting 'anonymods' in the search field of the mod portal and see if you get a result? I get nothing. 'anony' gets some hits but not this mod. If it's not just me there has to be a reason that can be fixed.

scy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by scy »

I fiddled with everything until I got it running on 0.17 (see, you got me totally hooked) :D
And I only broke like half of the mod xD

Anyways, the reason I'm posting this is to excuse myself for trying to push you to update to .17.
The day I saw the new 0.6 version online, a Factorio update broke it again, changing the player variable to character and other stuff. When trying to fiddle with the 0.6 version I got other errors about images out of bounds and wrong pixelisation. Stuff I had to "fix" (fiddle with) in the 0.5 version already. Dunno why that happens...

Anyways, I now can feel the reasons for your approach to wait for a stable 0.17 release. I only started fiddling because I thought the project was abandoned. So thanks for updating, erm... still existing maybe xD and trying to keep the pace. I know this is no bobs & angels, and there really is a feeling of one person doing everything on his own. Yet, this mod is far superior to anything I've seen, so thanks for keeping it alive.

ps. the thing that really really gets me is the continuous research error message. They changed the power armour equipment from power-armour-2 to power-armour-mk2 and I have no idea what to change to get the research running again. I set the update variable to false, I tried to create an own "chain", I tried to destroy all links to the first two power armours... The only way of getting it to run was to deactivate the research entirely, making the power armour 3 to 5 available from the start... :(

Sarperen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Sarperen »

The download in the first post seems to be for the old 0.16 version. Can you update it?

Return to “Mods”