Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

alercah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by alercah »

Per this bug report, casting mono silicon with productivity enabled overproduces quartz crucibles (you can actually end up with more than you started!) because the game does not recognize the probabilistic output as a catalyst. After some testing, setting catalyst_amount to 1 in the recipe appears to fix this. I didn't look for other recipes that may be similarly affected.

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

alercah wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:54 am
Per this bug report, casting mono silicon with productivity enabled overproduces quartz crucibles (you can actually end up with more than you started!) because the game does not recognize the probabilistic output as a catalyst. After some testing, setting catalyst_amount to 1 in the recipe appears to fix this. I didn't look for other recipes that may be similarly affected.
Ah good... I was already about to post the same... was having a look a few minutes ago into my Logistic network and baem... found 10000 Quartz crucibles... then found out that I heavily Productivity module'd the caster with Bob's modules and it seems like it is excess-generating crucibles like crazy rather than using them up. :D

I took out the Productivity modules for now until I have used them all up and then I will look again with a maximum of 20% Productivity... that should hold the balance... until there is a permanent solution/fix.

AmatorPhasma
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AmatorPhasma »

Hi Angel,

I'd like to ask if you could include this little patch in your angel-functions.lua in the refining mod?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fapobzujxbs4g ... patch?dl=0

It changed the void recipe generation to work with fluids/items with multilayer icons.

moenbase
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by moenbase »

Hi, I love playing around with mods. Though with. the latest update of all mods. Playing 0.17.x. Using all Angels, Bobs and Pyanodon I get an error message for Angels mod.
It seems to work correctly with just bobs and Angels. But when I also add Py's mods I'm getting the following message:

https://imgshare.io/image/juDQ

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

moenbase wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:33 am
Hi, I love playing around with mods. Though with. the latest update of all mods. Playing 0.17.x. Using all Angels, Bobs and Pyanodon I get an error message for Angels mod.
It seems to work correctly with just bobs and Angels. But when I also add Py's mods I'm getting the following message:

https://imgshare.io/image/juDQ
Are you using pycoaltbaa? If so this is a known error and being worked on

moenbase
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by moenbase »

hi thanks for the reply. Yea I'm using touched by an Angel as well indeed.
Great that it's being worked on :)
Should I keep an eye on the following topic to see if it has been fixed: viewtopic.php?f=190&t=51967&start=640. ?

nothankyou
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by nothankyou »

In my modpack when i add "angelspetrochem" , there are this erorr : " Error in asignID with name "nitric-acid" does not exist. Source: advanxed - processing unit. :shock: :shock:
Attachments
mod-list.json
(4.25 KiB) Downloaded 135 times

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

nothankyou wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:04 pm
In my modpack when i add "angelspetrochem" , there are this erorr : " Error in asignID with name "nitric-acid" does not exist. Source: advanxed - processing unit. :shock: :shock:
Could you post the full error message? Sound's like some other mod is expecting nictic-acid where it was changed to the petrochem fluid, just from the look at your modlist maybe circuit processing mod?

nothankyou
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by nothankyou »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:08 pm
nothankyou wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:04 pm
Could you post the full error message? Sound's like some other mod is expecting nictic-acid where it was changed to the petrochem fluid, just from the look at your modlist maybe circuit processing mod?
This is the erorr:
Cattura.PNG
Cattura.PNG (16.44 KiB) Viewed 5343 times

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

As I said this is a problem inside the circuit processing mod, it either needs a check for the acid or make bobplates a dependency, because you have disabled it and it is required here.

nothankyou
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by nothankyou »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:38 pm
As I said this is a problem inside the circuit processing mod, it either needs a check for the acid or make bobplates a dependency, because you have disabled it and it is required here.
Thanks , you have reason the problem was caused by disabilited bob plate

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

AmatorPhasma wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:57 pm
Hi Angel,

I'd like to ask if you could include this little patch in your angel-functions.lua in the refining mod?

It changed the void recipe generation to work with fluids/items with multilayer icons.
Added :) Thanks for the hint/fix

AmatorPhasma
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AmatorPhasma »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:15 pm
AmatorPhasma wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:57 pm
Hi Angel,

Added :) Thanks for the hint/fix
No problem, and thank you :)
Then I'm able to see my fluid- and gas icons when I burn them or "clarify?" to the hell :>

otakushowboat
Inserter
Inserter

Post by otakushowboat »

Potential bugs: 5 units of sodium hydroxide solution crafted per craft in an electrolyzer. Also, no apparent void recipe for this new fluid.

Is it intended for the newly added sodium hydroxide solution recipe in electrolyzers to produce 5 units of the fluid per 2 second craft? It seems incredibly low compared to other fluid production in general.

The consumers of it need 50 units per 4 second craft. At equal crafting speeds, it appears to be five electrolyzers worth of production of the sodium hydroxide solution per consumer building. The scale of production for the fluid and the sodium to feed the sodium carbonate in this process just seems to be a bit much compared to the previous processes consuming sodium hydroxide solids.

If it's intended, that's fine. I'll just build more to feed what I have. Just seems a bit off to me compared to what it's replacing. Not going to have any chlorine production issues any time soon, though!

TomatoSoup
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by TomatoSoup »

Disabling the sulfuric acid requirement for infinite ores disables it even for ores that normally require fluid, like Uranium.

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

otakushowboat wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:58 pm
Potential bugs: 5 units of sodium hydroxide solution crafted per craft in an electrolyzer. Also, no apparent void recipe for this new fluid.

Is it intended for the newly added sodium hydroxide solution recipe in electrolyzers to produce 5 units of the fluid per 2 second craft? It seems incredibly low compared to other fluid production in general.

The consumers of it need 50 units per 4 second craft. At equal crafting speeds, it appears to be five electrolyzers worth of production of the sodium hydroxide solution per consumer building. The scale of production for the fluid and the sodium to feed the sodium carbonate in this process just seems to be a bit much compared to the previous processes consuming sodium hydroxide solids.

If it's intended, that's fine. I'll just build more to feed what I have. Just seems a bit off to me compared to what it's replacing. Not going to have any chlorine production issues any time soon, though!
I agree there must be something off there balancing wise. Glad I am not the only one noticing this.

Even with bobs modules in the electrolyzer and beacons I can't seem to get the sodium hydroxide solution requiring machines fed, especially the sodium hypochlorite thing that is required in ridiculous amounts by the hydrazine/oxidizer production.

Tried to play around with it and either it's the electrolyzers not being able to keep up or the consumers requiring too much. Don't know.

jrscrube
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jrscrube »

Hi Angel,

There appears to be a bug between the updated refining mod 10.9 and seablock 3.3.

Your updates to Petrochem, smelting and bio processing are working without a problem.

Error is as follows
Failed to load mods:__SeaBloack__/data-updates.lua:180: attempt to index field 'slag-processing' (a nil value) stack traceback:
__Seablock__/data-updates.lua:180: in main chunk

Mods to be disables:
-SeaBlock.

Thank you for your work on these great mods :D

I'll also post this to the seablock page.

Trig90
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Trig90 »

Hi Angel,

I found a bug when placing a Algae Farm from a blueprint, but with fluid inputs switched around.

This is the simplest way I found to reproduce it.
1. Create a blueprint with the fluid inputs for the algae farm switched around.
2. Try to place the second algae farm.
3. You get an error that you can't mix fluids.
4. Rotate building so fluids match up and place it.
5. Go into details of placed building. -> Game Crash.

I don't know if this is reproducible in the base game since I couldn't get it to keep the recipe with a Chemical Plant.

Cheers and thanks for the awesome mods.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Trig90 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 11:37 am
Hi Angel,

I found a bug when placing a Algae Farm from a blueprint, but with fluid inputs switched around.

I don't know if this is reproducible in the base game since I couldn't get it to keep the recipe with a Chemical Plant.

I had something similar with a chemical plant. When blueprinting it would place the plant with a recipe for sulfuric acid connected to a pipe with mineralized water. Opening the chemical plant then crashes the game.

I think the vanilla game screwed something up with the fluid mix checks. Probably best to send a savegame as bugreport.

AmatorPhasma
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AmatorPhasma »

mrvn wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 2:51 pm
Trig90 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 11:37 am
Hi Angel,

I had something similar with a chemical plant. When blueprinting it would place the plant with a recipe for sulfuric acid connected to a pipe with mineralized water. Opening the chemical plant then crashes the game.

I think the vanilla game screwed something up with the fluid mix checks. Probably best to send a savegame as bugreport.
sounds a bit similar to the bug I had in the past: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=69395

Return to “Angels Mods”