[0.17.32] Roboport train does not deploy robots in automatic mode

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Leopard1800
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.32] Roboport train does not deploy robots in automatic mode

Post by Leopard1800 »

A train with roboport equipement from a mod such as BobsVehicleEquipment does not deploy robots under some conditions, while I expect it should: The logistic map overlay shows the green area, but no bots are deployed.

Reproduction: (save file is included)
Start a new map (with some vehicle equipment mod) and enable free items with /cheat
My test setup is a train going between two stations and waiting there 10 seconds.
In the cargo wagon are some construction bots and belts. In it's grid is a roboport and power for it.

1: While the train is in auto mode I place some belt ghosts. The train stops at a station, the green construction area appears. Then nothing happens for 10 seconds and the train leaves.
Expectation: The bots go and build the ghosts.

1a:
If I set the train to manual while at a station the green area disappears and no bots come out.
Expectation: The construction zone stays on and bots go and build the ghosts.

1b: If I get into the train and move it over a few tiles the bots come out after I stop.
As expected.

2:
I set the train back to auto and (while it waits at a station) I enable the "logistics while moving" checkbox in the cargo wagon.
The green area stays on and moves with the train as it goes from station to station but the bots still don't deploy.
Expectation: The bots go and build the ghosts.

2a:
If i set the train to manual while it's waiting in a station the green construction area stays on and bots finally go and build the ghosts.
As expected.

2b: While manually driving the train, with "logistics while moving" ON the bots deploy.
As expected.

So it appears there are two related but possibly separate problems:
1: Bots don't deploy from trains on Automatic mode, even when the green construction area is active.
2: The construction area does not appear (and bots don't deploy) when the train is stopped at a station in manual mode (and "logistics while moving" is NOT checked)
Attachments
BugReportTrainRoboPort.zip
(3.28 MiB) Downloaded 119 times
factorio-current.log
(6.34 KiB) Downloaded 118 times

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.32] Roboport train does not deploy robots in automatic mode

Post by Bilka »

See viewtopic.php?p=425005#p425005.

So, only this sounds like a bug:
1a:
If I set the train to manual while at a station the green area disappears and no bots come out.
Expectation: The construction zone stays on and bots go and build the ghosts.
However, you state the exact opposite later in your post:
2a:
If i set the train to manual while it's waiting in a station the green construction area stays on and bots finally go and build the ghosts.
As expected.
What exactly are you doing in both cases?
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Leopard1800
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Leopard1800 »

I did search, but apparently not good enough.

In case 1a the train is waiting at a station and I set it to manual.
In case 2a I do the same but the cargo wagon has the "enable logistics while moving" enabled.

So in the given save, disable the checkbox "enable logistics while moving".
Then enter mapmode and enable the logistic overlay.
Open the train's GUI and move it to the side so that you can see the train on the main view, not the train's picture in picture.
Wait for it to stop.
Note the green area.
Set it to manual.
Note that the green area disappears.

If you do this with the "enable logistics while moving" checkbox checked (so 2a) the green construction area stays when the train is set to manual. (as expected)

Leopard1800
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Leopard1800 »

I made a replay that demonstrates the issue, in it I take the steps I described in 1a.
Fast forward to about 60% to get to the action.
Attachments
BugReportTrainRoboPort_Replay.zip
(1.44 MiB) Downloaded 129 times

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Thanks for the report, fixed for the next version.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”