[Rseding91] [0.17.17] Deconstruction planner: Tiles->"Only" mode does not select tile ghosts?

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
TheBloke
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[Rseding91] [0.17.17] Deconstruction planner: Tiles->"Only" mode does not select tile ghosts?

Post by TheBloke »

Versions tested: 0.17.17 (standalone)
Platform tested on: macOS 10.14.1 Mojave

EDIT: After discussion with ManaUser I am no longer sure if this is a bug. It's a change in behaviour from 0.16 but I don't know if that's intended or not. I've edited the following contents accordingly.

0.16 behaviour: A deconstruction planner configured to Tiles -> Only will remove tile ghosts as well as tiles

0.17 behaviour: A deconstruction planner configured to Tiles -> Only will not remove tile ghosts. It only removes built tiles.

In 0.17 the only way to remove tile ghosts without also affecting entities and entity ghosts is to add "Tile ghost" to the Entities tab. That also worked in 0.16, but was potentially not the first way that would occur to a user given that in that version Tiles->Only also worked.

I'd argue that 0.16's behaviour of Tiles->Only removing both tiles and tile ghosts was more intuitive and obvious. But there's no loss of functionality involved.
Attachments
deconstruction-planner.tiles-only.bug.factorio-current.log
(4.79 KiB) Downloaded 115 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.17] Deconstruction planner: Tiles->"Only" mode does not select tile ghosts?

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. The behavior change was not intended and it's now fixed for the next version of 0.17.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”