Resource library for modders

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

D_I_N
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Resource library for modders

Post by D_I_N »

TL;DR
Resource library to make modding bit more friendly.

What ?
Do u can add some resource library?
like images, sounds, simple mod presets to learn api fast(probably not so important), free to use and modify 3d models for mechanisms(like cars, 44 or more images for any rotateble object? rly? )

Why ?
Many of peoples who can code the mods, cant make animation and pictures for their stuff.(and keeping style of game view)
if modders will have library with images and sounds, we will see alot of interesting mods with new mechanics.
images like metal debri, space trash, forgotn/broken cars, unused in game machines etc...

will be much easier to make something, if you will give to modders more resources to start, and after mod will be loved by players - make their own images and animations

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Resource library for modders

Post by DaleStan »

Every sprite in the entire game is available for use, as-is or edited, in mods: viewtopic.php?p=49122#p49122 As I read the TOS (I am not a lawyer) the same applies to sounds.

If you're worried about the hassle of creating animation, what are the chances that the devs will happen to create the animation you're looking for?
Unless you have massive artistic chops, focus your mod on new recipes and technologies, rather than on introducing new buildings.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

Just grayscaled mask sprites for tinting will make vanilla graphics much friendly for modding than now. Some of entities have this feature, but not enough.

leadraven
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by leadraven »

DaleStan wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:02 pm
Every sprite in the entire game is available for use, as-is or edited
They are in low resolution. I also want vanilla resources in high resolution for modding.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”