pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: pY Fusion Energy - Discussion

Post by pyanodon »

Mella wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:27 pm
Hi pyaodon
Can you add MK1 MK2 MK3 MK4 for all machines in PYFE - i'm playing with all PY mods and some machines from PYFE are used in PYRO too but they're not fast enough. seriously
Please
Make it when you'll make new update for PYFE
It will come with time.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

Cardoyle
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cardoyle »

TLDR: Is the Centrifugal pan supposed to require Circuit 2's to be able to build them?

On the way to building Circuit 2's i need rare earth oxides.
Rare earth oxides require Rare earth concentrate for which there are 3 recipes. 2 of them use the Evaporator and the other one which produces chromium requires the centrifugal pan(which needs circuit 2's to build).

I did notice it was unlocked under mining machines 02 however there are a few other stand alone machines i.e Compressor,Hydroclone, which dont require circuit 2's. The rest of the machines unlocked are the Mk02 versions which understandably need these circuits.

Not sure which forum to post this in but the Centrifugal Pan says it is a pYFE, so there we go.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Cardoyle wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:17 am
TLDR: Is the Centrifugal pan supposed to require Circuit 2's to be able to build them?

On the way to building Circuit 2's i need rare earth oxides.
Rare earth oxides require Rare earth concentrate for which there are 3 recipes. 2 of them use the Evaporator and the other one which produces chromium requires the centrifugal pan(which needs circuit 2's to build).

I did notice it was unlocked under mining machines 02 however there are a few other stand alone machines i.e Compressor,Hydroclone, which dont require circuit 2's. The rest of the machines unlocked are the Mk02 versions which understandably need these circuits.

Not sure which forum to post this in but the Centrifugal Pan says it is a pYFE, so there we go.
use the other two in the evaporators until you can made the pan
pY Coal processing mod

Cardoyle
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cardoyle »

Yeah I changed my mind, I am going to use the one which produces iron Oxide, i just noticed i need a lot of these to produce Ferrite->Inductor 2's

Thanks for making me see sense

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Alpha version for 0.17 released.
pY Coal processing mod

Cardoyle
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cardoyle »

Hi just a quick question who have dabbled in the diamonds, I am just about to start and unsure what to to with the diamond rejects.

- Feed them back into the system via -> Pure Kim grade 2-> Grade 3 Kim

Or

- Convert them into Processed Rejects to be made into Diamonds

Just wondered what you guys did
Thanks

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

Cardoyle wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:54 pm
Hi just a quick question who have dabbled in the diamonds, I am just about to start and unsure what to to with the diamond rejects.

- Feed them back into the system via -> Pure Kim grade 2-> Grade 3 Kim

Or

- Convert them into Processed Rejects to be made into Diamonds

Just wondered what you guys did
Thanks
feed it back you got better yeald in the end that way the other way was very inefficient

theblindironman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by theblindironman »

I am lost or there is an issue with the He4 chain.

To build the Kmauts enclosure, I need Assembly 3.
Assembly 3 require Super Alloy
Super Alloy requires He4
To get He4, I need Ethanolamine
Ethanolamine needs Serine
Serine needs Kmauts enclosure.

Is there another way to get He4? I have searched the charts and FNEI. I dont see another option.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

You can get a jump start by

pressured-air>purified-air>cold air>cold clean air>liquid clean air>dry gas stream with 40% helium probability.
pY Coal processing mod

mxpal
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mxpal »

it seems you dont have py high tech. there is particle accelerator for helium and vanadium oxide, good for small scale production

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

mxpal wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:52 pm
it seems you dont have py high tech. there is particle accelerator for helium and vanadium oxide, good for small scale production
and large scale if you aford the power

theblindironman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by theblindironman »

I got it going well enough to start the liquid petroleum chain. Thank you for the advice.

Anon2k
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Anon2k »

Unify pipe location for steam:

And remove the productivity modules from all compressor recipes, since broken water-steam cycle.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Anon2k wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 9:55 am
Unify pipe location for steam:

And remove the productivity modules from all compressor recipes, since broken water-steam cycle.
most productivity is removed already and regarding the steam pipe output that as far as i know is determined by the game not the mod author

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

also in some of those recipes productivity makes sens (the only one way ones) top mid and top right are some that are just one way so no loop here and the one in the far bottom is also one way only so PRODUCTIVITY here isn't game breaking adding it increases the yield and decreases the speed(u you will speed to speed beacon it ) and for this increase yield you NEED MORE POWER and need to use a far more complex build in order to void the excess water and/steam
regarding the water cycle you can simply use circuitry or simply a overflow valve , and you probably either used circuitry to fill it with water to begin with one u used a pretty defined number of water barrels

Mithaldu
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mithaldu »

Due to the game's fluid calculations being inexact, and the interactions of power availability, liquid throughput and storages, you want to put a water tank with circuit pumps that fill/empty it as needed anyhow.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Mithaldu wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 4:53 pm
Due to the game's fluid calculations being inexact, and the interactions of power availability, liquid throughput and storages, you want to put a water tank with circuit pumps that fill/empty it as needed anyhow.
i agree i use a SR latch to fill a tank to 80-85% then i dont alow it to drop below 20% and void everything above 90%
so for me the excess water is just a dont bother with the filling that much will void lots of stuff anyway

TwentyEighty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TwentyEighty »

Creating materials out of thin air with factorio production modules is fine but creating excess steam is a BRIDGE TOO FAR! ;)

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

TwentyEighty wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 3:01 am
Creating materials out of thin air with factorio production modules is fine but creating excess steam is a BRIDGE TOO FAR! ;)
well the excess steam is from the water that condensed on the structure and then got boiling later

Anon2k
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Anon2k »

There are closed loops in other modes.
For example, in angelbob mods there are also many closed cycles using catalysts, water, refrigerant in metallurgy or cleaning with distilled water.
And none of these cycles supports productivity modules in order to avoid the loop being closed. And this is a great example of thoughtful design.

The availability of recycling tools does not mean that resources can appear from nothing. Including water.

----

All productivity modules need to be removed not only from the compressor, but also from the FTS reactor.

Return to “PyMods”