How to become admin?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Sphinx
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

How to become admin?

Post by Sphinx »

Hello,
I'm sorry i cant find any information on how to grants me admin rights on my server.

The map is hostet by a provider where i don't have access to the console of the server!
The map was createt without any special settings for admin!

So after we played some time i needed to get admin rights. I stopped the server, opened the server-setings.json file and added my factorio Username, and SteamID64 to be save. -> Doesn't work. After some searching i found the information, that this setting promotes players only when they first join the server. Ok so if i'm correct i cant become admin because i have already played on the server.
So i took the savegame, copyed it to my local pc, started a multiplayer, uses /promote command to promote me, saved again , copy to server. But after starting the server -> still not an admin.

I don't get what i need to do. So i hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Yenz
Inserter
Inserter

Re: How to become admin?

Post by Yenz »

With 0.17 you have to put your factorio username into server-adminlist.json instead of server-settings.json.

Code: Select all

["Sphinx"]
Last edited by Yenz on Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

bman212121
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by bman212121 »

Was going to say the same thing. You need to make a new file that doesn't exist, and the settings in server-settings do nothing. Probably needs to be cleaned up at some point.

Sphinx
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sphinx »

It's working. Thanks a lot, would have saved me quite some time if i knew it. This file should be created by default to give a hint how it should work.

luc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by luc »

Yeah it would be nice if this could be indicated somehow. I have the admins configured in my config file, like for 0.16, and the game just start up fine but I'm not an admin. Took some searching yesterday night to find that it had changed to a dedicated file (for no apparent reason).

Return to “Technical Help”