[0.17] Please post bugs and balance issues here.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

enchant
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.17] Please post bugs and balance issues here.

Post by enchant »

Bilka wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:40 am
After looking at your mod myself instead of simply trusting that you are using a completely vanilla pipe to ground, I found line 17 in boblogistics_0.17.6\prototypes\entityprototypes\entities\pipes.lua : "data.raw["pipe-to-ground"]["pipe-to-ground"].fast_replaceable_group = "pipe-to-ground"" Remove that line and everything works as expected.
That's what I was going to suggest doing. (Yaright!)
Thanks so much for that! Problem solved.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

enchant wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:44 pm
Bilka wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:40 am
After looking at your mod myself instead of simply trusting that you are using a completely vanilla pipe to ground, I found line 17 in boblogistics_0.17.6\prototypes\entityprototypes\entities\pipes.lua : "data.raw["pipe-to-ground"]["pipe-to-ground"].fast_replaceable_group = "pipe-to-ground"" Remove that line and everything works as expected.
That's what I was going to suggest doing. (Yaright!)
Thanks so much for that! Problem solved.
it will be done in the next official version.
I changed all the underground pipe fast replace groups to pipe to match the new underground pipe, but then forgot to remove the override to change the underground pipe's fast replace group that I'd added earlier.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

LightningDragon10065
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LightningDragon10065 »

Settings-related crash
[Mod version: 0.17.3]
Turning on the "Health increase" setting without also turning on the "Enable Super spawner" setting causes the game to crash on load, with the following message in the log:

Code: Select all

Error ModManager.cpp:1294: Failed to load mod "bobenemies": __bobenemies__/data.lua:11: __bobenemies__/prototypes/spawners.lua:480: attempt to index field 'bob-super-spawner' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	__bobenemies__/prototypes/spawners.lua:480: in main chunk
	[C]: in function 'require'
	__bobenemies__/data.lua:11: in main chunk
stack traceback:

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

LightningDragon10065 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:40 pm
Settings-related crash
[Mod version: 0.17.3]
Turning on the "Health increase" setting without also turning on the "Enable Super spawner" setting causes the game to crash on load, with the following message in the log:

Code: Select all

Error ModManager.cpp:1294: Failed to load mod "bobenemies": __bobenemies__/data.lua:11: __bobenemies__/prototypes/spawners.lua:480: attempt to index field 'bob-super-spawner' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	__bobenemies__/prototypes/spawners.lua:480: in main chunk
stack traceback:
fixed
I also have a Patreon.

enchant
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by enchant »

This is something new to my latest game. Don't know if a setting got switched, but I can't find it.

Blue electronic assembly machines can't produce blue circuits.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1711652723

Red machines have no problem, and blue machines had no problem in my previous game.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

enchant wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:39 pm
This is something new to my latest game. Don't know if a setting got switched, but I can't find it.

Blue electronic assembly machines can't produce blue circuits.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1711652723

Red machines have no problem, and blue machines had no problem in my previous game.
I've seen this error report before. It is fine on my end, blue can be crafted in Assembling machine 4 (and 2, depending which is blue).

Could it be related to another mod changing things?
what's your mod config?
I also have a Patreon.

enchant
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by enchant »

bobingabout wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:26 pm
I've seen this error report before. It is fine on my end, blue can be crafted in Assembling machine 4 (and 2, depending which is blue).
There's a 4?? I've only seen up to 3.
bobingabout wrote:Could it be related to another mod changing things?
what's your mod config?
Hopefully this is what you're looking for - Under startup and under "Bob's Assembling machines", everything is checked except for Factory ingredients limits.

The only change I've made is an edit suggested a few posts back in this thread concerning the problem of replacing iron pipe-to-ground in the upgrade planner. Outside of the Bob's mods, I also changed a setting in Bulk Rail Loaders so that they accept "any" cargo rather than ore only.

FWIW, I loaded a game from a few days ago and blue machines (#3) are still able to build blue circuits.

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

Not sure if this is a problem with bob's or angel's or something else... I somehow ended up with Advanced Nickel Smelting 2 researched, despite never having spent a blue science or researched its prereq Advanced Nickel Smelting 1

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DaleStan »

@enchant
Are you sure your other game is making processing units with an "Electronics assembly machine 1"? Or is it an "Assembly machine 2", an "Assembly machine 4", or an "Electronics assembly machine 2"?

What mods other than Bob's Assembling Machines are you using, in both games? (ShinyBobGFX, for example, changes which machine is blue, so if you're using that in the other game and not this one, that would cause confusion.)

@sparr Are you using FNEI? I think there's a current bug where FNEI will sometimes grant technologies for free.
Also, since that's an Angel's technology, you probably should have started in Angel's forum in this case.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

enchant wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:53 pm
bobingabout wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:26 pm
There's a 4?? I've only seen up to 3.
bobingabout wrote:Could it be related to another mod changing things?
what's your mod config?
Hopefully this is what you're looking for - Under startup and under "Bob's Assembling machines", everything is checked except for Factory ingredients limits.

The only change I've made is an edit suggested a few posts back in this thread concerning the problem of replacing iron pipe-to-ground in the upgrade planner. Outside of the Bob's mods, I also changed a setting in Bulk Rail Loaders so that they accept "any" cargo rather than ore only.

FWIW, I loaded a game from a few days ago and blue machines (#3) are still able to build blue circuits.
that doesn't really tell me anything I need to know. for example... the circuit images are base game style, which suggests you don't have bob electronics installed. you also mentioned a setting Bulk Rail Loaders, which isn't a bob's mods thing.
I'd need to know your exact mod configuration, what mods do you have installed? because this sort of issue is most likely due to a change made by someone elses mod that my mod isn't accounting for.

For example, Bob's Assembling Machines mod adds the Electronic Assembling Machines, they change the crafting category of electronics to "electronics", and add "electronics" to the existing assembling machines. What if one of those mods overwrites the crafting categories to add one of it's own instead of inserting it? the result is it would delete "Electronics" from the list... though that doesn't explain why it can still craft the other circuits, that's just an unlikely example to highlight how installing other mods can have unintended side effects.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

sparr wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:09 pm

Not sure if this is a problem with bob's or angel's or something else... I somehow ended up with Advanced Nickel Smelting 2 researched, despite never having spent a blue science or researched its prereq Advanced Nickel Smelting 1
Going by the icons, that's an Angel's thing.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

DaleStan wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:25 pm
@enchant
Are you sure your other game is making processing units with an "Electronics assembly machine 1"? Or is it an "Assembly machine 2", an "Assembly machine 4", or an "Electronics assembly machine 2"?

What mods other than Bob's Assembling Machines are you using, in both games? (ShinyBobGFX, for example, changes which machine is blue, so if you're using that in the other game and not this one, that would cause confusion.)
to make things even more confusing, there's an option in Assembly that changes the colour of assembling machines, making blue #4, Shiny mods probably makes it #3, and by default, #2 is the blue one.

it would be so much easier if everyone just said the number, not the colour.
I also have a Patreon.

Nathan1852
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nathan1852 »

I'm getting the "Duplicate item ingredients are not allowed" error with bobs modules since 0.17.25 for all kinds of processor recipes ( speed-processor, effectivity-processor and more )

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Nathan1852 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:17 pm
I'm getting the "Duplicate item ingredients are not allowed" error with bobs modules since 0.17.25 for all kinds of processor recipes ( speed-processor, effectivity-processor and more )
Please provide exact mod configuration. (All installed mods, any settings that aren't default)

I've seen issues before where certain ingredients like Solder can end up being duplicated, but not knowing the exact configuration it shows up would mean it's hard to track down.
I also have a Patreon.

Nathan1852
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nathan1852 »

I've attached my mod-list.json, the ModpackFixes mod is from the modpack specific files of this modpack
Attachments
mod-list.json
(7.12 KiB) Downloaded 73 times

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Nathan1852 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:12 pm
I've attached my mod-list.json, the ModpackFixes mod is from the modpack specific files of this modpack
That is a huge mod list, I'm not sure where to begin diagnosing this.
I also have a Patreon.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Nathan1852 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:12 pm
Can you post a save? It can be synced to mods (assuming they are on mod portal) and also contains all the settings.

enchant
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by enchant »

Oh ffs, it's me!! Blue is NOT electronic assembly machine #3, it's #1. I guess #1 can't make blue circuits.

I'm so sorry to trouble you with this idiocy.
Last edited by enchant on Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nathan1852
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nathan1852 »

I've attached a save, although I think you have to download the ModpackFixes mod manually.
I tried to diagnose the problem myself and I found out that all the processor recipes have two recipe variants ( normal and expensive ), but no actual duplicates. They are also disabled, but factorio still thinks they are a problem. The only ways I could fix the errors was to either disable the mod or to set all the recipes to empty tables, that also worked
Attachments
Save 5.3.zip
(5.46 MiB) Downloaded 73 times

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

enchant wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:52 am
Oh ffs, it's me!! Blue is NOT electronic assembly machine #3, it's #1. I guess #1 can't make blue circuits.

I'm so sorry to trouble you with this idiocy.
who the heck makes Assembling machine #1 blue?
Yeah, AS1 is probably the only machine that would have issue crafting most of this stuff, because it doesn't accept fluids as an input, and blue circuits would cost sulfuric acid in base game (no electronics mod).
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”