500 hiteck scine

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
mmppolton
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

500 hiteck scine

Post by mmppolton »

i doint evne rember they tell use about the 500 hitekc scince i fell it just limit people or fornce me to buld one way when i am now like a small base red green blue miltary hand fed buld to get request chest for my suply train then go and make a big town base to get the rest of science since i am bored with the huge main buss or spaggie is not fun

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: 500 hiteck scine

Post by Koub »

A mild effort to make yourself readable would be greatly appreciated.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

dzilla77
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by dzilla77 »

I think he is speaking Belter from the Expanse series.

mmppolton
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mmppolton »

it i doint fell they made the game longer just more grind and realy nerf bot in a differ way
since some people doint make a big main bus they like doing a town base and by the time they get to set hiteck they have the base almost done

mmppolton
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mmppolton »

Koub wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:40 am
i doint know how to make it more readable

ThaPear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ThaPear »

mmppolton wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:19 pm
Koub wrote:
Try using google translate from your native language, that often produces very understandable texts.

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by zOldBulldog »

Factorio is - by design - a complex game that requires thinking and patience. Learning what to do and how to do it is a big part of the fun.

If that is not what you like, maybe you chose the wrong game. But if it is what you like, I suggest the following tools to learn:

- YouTube tutorials. Nilaus Base in a Book series does a good job of teaching you to think in Factorio terms.

- Factorioprints. Com has a lot of designs that other players invented. Grab them, use them, study them and sooner or later you will be making your own good designs.

- Or if you are feeling lazy and want it ready made in a small space... try using my Bulldog 1 Freedom Base (https://factorioprints.com/view/-LBLVHe1Xk2_ghVGn8Se)

mmppolton
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mmppolton »

zOldBulldog wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:49 pm
Factorio is - by design - a complex game that requires thinking and patience. Learning what to do and how to do it is a big part of the fun.

If that is not what you like, maybe you chose the wrong game. But if it is what you like, I suggest the following tools to learn:

- YouTube tutorials. Nilaus Base in a Book series does a good job of teaching you to think in Factorio terms.

- Factorioprints. Com has a lot of designs that other players invented. Grab them, use them, study them and sooner or later you will be making your own good designs.

- Or if you are feeling lazy and want it ready made in a small space... try using my Bulldog 1 Freedom Base (https://factorioprints.com/view/-LBLVHe1Xk2_ghVGn8Se)
I know the game lanch many rocket before just 500 is nuts felt bot Nerf all over again when 150 was good enough and was not looking forward to making a big starting base or loading my Outpost train by belt or by hand

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by zOldBulldog »

mmppolton wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:55 pm
zOldBulldog wrote:

I know the game lanch many rocket before just 500 is nuts felt bot Nerf all over again when 150 was good enough and was not looking forward to making a big starting base or loading my Outpost train by belt or by hand
Ok, then just try the blueprints from my Freedom Base.

From your comments I think you will like these New World settings:
- Map type: Railworld
- Ores: Increase richness values to 200%.
- Terrain: (1) No cliffs, (2) Starting Area Size = 600%

T-A-R
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by T-A-R »

By your post i assume you played factorio before fff 224, is it?

Have you tried making a rail based modular base? A belt or bot only factory? Customized scenarios? Mods? Usually you set your own limits to challenge yourself in a way you like. The " grind" of making more (and more complex) recepies is core feature of the game.
If something feels grindy, usually it is not automated enough. Read about the lazy bastard challenge if you have the feeling that you need to do too much by hand.

The game is not made to play without belts. Especially early mid game. There is no need for handfilling anything anywhere anytime. Belts and blueprints are for that. How did you think about this part of the game when you played earlier?

Have you tried smelting on site by the way? in that way you can transport twice the troughput of your outpost. Due to the nature of megabases they have a lot of designs specificly made to avoids belts where possible to increase UPS. Different motivation, but possibly inspiring contraptions. Check around multiplayer servers and the "Show your creations" part of this forum to learn things you never thought of yourself.

In the last versions a lot is changed to balance the game more and more. To balance progress from start to end. There has been a great discussion about bot nerfing, but they are still powerful, but especially late/end game. They are late game tech. Before they are speedy and strong enough you need to outsmart them by lower techs. You cant skip midgame without cheating. You came a long way since you had to dig for ore by hand.

Devs just tried to make this early/mid phase of the game more interesting, for example filter splitters made belts a lot more useful. Making the game "longer'' was never the point i think. But the bots, they are a goal themselves. Devs chose them to be that way.

Scaling up is part of proces. By the time you reach utility and hitech, you should have past all manual interuptions to history books. This time large quantities are required. That's the point of a factory, it is not a workshop. After your first rocket 500 packs are just a sneeze. Trains are the key here. Automate that grind and get yourself a drink!

If you don't like this part of the game you could look in modding the game, or learn to use the console: a strong tool to adjust your gameplay experience. Such as spawning bots and unlocking science (be careful though, it could ruin your experience as it is a form of cheating, no problem as singleplayer, but just a note).

When you are done with a factory is all up to you, i consider my bases only started after i launched the first rocket. I use that starter base to make parts for my masterplan. If you consider your base done after the first rocket, and want that done by overpowered bots, Factorio may not meet your expectations anymore.

leadraven
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by leadraven »

dzilla77 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:49 pm
I think he is speaking Belter from the Expanse series.
8-)

mmppolton
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mmppolton »

I was planning a train one but want request chest for my ltn supply train right now I am like 0.14 a lot
I don't like. Big ore patch and I hate smelting on site if I as going to do it would be end game only

mmppolton
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mmppolton »

And it is I see a lot of people who hand feed because they just want request chest and don't want to take the time to set up belt base production of everything to late game

mmppolton
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mmppolton »

zOldBulldog wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:48 pm
mmppolton wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:55 pm
zOldBulldog wrote:

Ok, then just try the blueprints from my Freedom Base.

From your comments I think you will like these New World settings:
- Map type: Railworld
- Ores: Increase richness values to 200%.
- Terrain: (1) No cliffs, (2) Starting Area Size = 600%
this is what i am watch love seen how quikc he went to bot base https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEEKBuW ... mh&index=1

Bauer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Bauer »

mmppolton wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:19 pm
Koub wrote:
Are you trolling us?

what about:
- spelling
- punktuation marks
- captial letters where needed
- paragraphs

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

maybe try Creative mod and just research and build what you like

Because if you think its too hard and grindy, there is nothing the base game has to offer you in terms of upcoming balance patches.
The majority seem to think its ok
There are mods that make it easier and there are mods to make it harder.

But if you are at production/utility science and you´r still hand feeding, you are doing it wrong! No matter why you doing it, its against the goal of the game.
Yes, its a sandbox and you can do what you want, but its that red thread that links all the pieces together.
You could launch a rocket with only handcrafting, except for maybe engines and blue circuits that you could handfeed, but i´d rather shoot myself in the knee.

It does not matter if you "only want to get to Logistics" and then go big.
There is ALWAYS something that you´d want and think its too grindy that way
I´d ask you to change the way you approach the game.
Lazy Bastard achievment taught me ALOT back in the day, its so much more than just an achievment!

Im playing with a guy that constantly sets up small assembler groups to produce some items he needs to get further and handfeeds those, instead of just split of the few bus lines we have. Its both funny and annoying at the same time, because we just finished his lazy bastard run. Its actually my fault i helped him ....

You dont need a big mall for everything from the beginning, nor do you need to have 20 assemblers making utility science packs (and the 50 assembler feeding intermediates into those) to match 5 automation science pack making machines.
But, you need at least some automation.
Because handfeeding just empties chests while you are elsewhere and its never (read: NEVEREVEREVEREVER!!!11ELEEVENTY) enough.
Everyone i have seen doing it, puts in like 100 iron plates to make yellow belts and thinks it will run for half an hour :roll:

You posted the first video in a 0.14 playlist, where Nilaus is at the start of the map
If you think he´s still handfeeding 50 episodes later, you should watch it again.

mmppolton
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mmppolton »

GrumpyJoe wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:36 am
maybe try Creative mod and just research and build what you like

Because if you think its too hard and grindy, there is nothing the base game has to offer you in terms of upcoming balance patches.
The majority seem to think its ok
There are mods that make it easier and there are mods to make it harder.

But if you are at production/utility science and you´r still hand feeding, you are doing it wrong! No matter why you doing it, its against the goal of the game.
Yes, its a sandbox and you can do what you want, but its that red thread that links all the pieces together.
You could launch a rocket with only handcrafting, except for maybe engines and blue circuits that you could handfeed, but i´d rather shoot myself in the knee.

It does not matter if you "only want to get to Logistics" and then go big.
There is ALWAYS something that you´d want and think its too grindy that way
I´d ask you to change the way you approach the game.
Lazy Bastard achievment taught me ALOT back in the day, its so much more than just an achievment!

Im playing with a guy that constantly sets up small assembler groups to produce some items he needs to get further and handfeeds those, instead of just split of the few bus lines we have. Its both funny and annoying at the same time, because we just finished his lazy bastard run. Its actually my fault i helped him ....

You dont need a big mall for everything from the beginning, nor do you need to have 20 assemblers making utility science packs (and the 50 assembler feeding intermediates into those) to match 5 automation science pack making machines.
But, you need at least some automation.
Because handfeeding just empties chests while you are elsewhere and its never (read: NEVEREVEREVEREVER!!!11ELEEVENTY) enough.
Everyone i have seen doing it, puts in like 100 iron plates to make yellow belts and thinks it will run for half an hour :roll:

You posted the first video in a 0.14 playlist, where Nilaus is at the start of the map
If you think he´s still handfeeding 50 episodes later, you should watch it again.
he was for a long time even moving oil barrly it was till he got his bot base up and runing
yep i saw him in this episod https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDfDebV ... h&index=32
hand craft red belt becaser he had the iron on him it is not mkaing the stuff it is going back to main base to get more just becase you doint have requst chest and belt it to my mail trin is not me no mahter how many tiem some tell me to od it i wont

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

mmppolton wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:37 am

he was for a long time even moving oil barrly it was till he got his bot base up and runing
yep i saw him in this episod https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDfDebV ... h&index=32
hand craft red belt becaser he had the iron on him it is not mkaing the stuff it is going back to main base to get more just becase you doint have requst chest and belt it to my mail trin is not me no mahter how many tiem some tell me to od it i wont
well, i didnt even check because im not really interested in 0.14
Thats not the Nilaus i know, might have been a challenge
So you feel like you play like him, back then? Well, you dont play like him at all.
If you think you have to, to get to a bot only base and are unable to, because its too tedious and you are too lazy to build a tiny belt based research base, cheat it.
Nothing is gonna change from a post like that!

Im beginning to wonder if you are mattp from Discord. The guy that asks the same questions 5 times and NEVER listens to the answers, instead trys to get a different answer from someone else when the others aren´t around
The way you write actually looks like english IS your first language but you dont care at all.

Since you took no time at all to respond to anything i said but the video link, i´ll ignore this from now.
I never thought i say anything like that in THIS community´s forum, but here you go. L2P

:cry:
Last edited by GrumpyJoe on Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by zOldBulldog »

If you are going to try to build like Nilaus, you need to start with his Base in a Book Tutorial series, where he teaches you to play and think. You can use his blueprints if you want, but the important thing is to LEARN what he teaches.

The series is old (0.15), still valid for 0.16 and a few of the blueprints will break in 0.17, but the concepts he teaches remain good.

And watch the WHOLE series, not just 1 episode.

Base in a Book youtube playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... inlV-U53w6

mmppolton
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mmppolton »

zOldBulldog wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:43 pm
If you are going to try to build like Nilaus, you need to start with his Base in a Book Tutorial series, where he teaches you to play and think. You can use his blueprints if you want, but the important thing is to LEARN what he teaches.

The series is old (0.15), still valid for 0.16 and a few of the blueprints will break in 0.17, but the concepts he teaches remain good.

And watch the WHOLE series, not just 1 episode.

Base in a Book youtube playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... inlV-U53w6
Right now I am doing 0.14 and how many time do I have to say I don't want a big main base I hate that science change next time I play 0.17 it would be with a mod o change cost to 150

Return to “General discussion”