Topics and discussion about specific mods
badtouchatr
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: MINI MODS

Post by badtouchatr »

Splicer9 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:58 pm
BUG - Possibly related to your mod, happens on start up of the game.
https://pastebin.com/p2SWFNKG
Which mod are you referring to?

MindFighter
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MindFighter »

Suggestion for 'Production Scrap 2' mod.

DellAquila, please add to 'Production Scrap 2' mod a new item 'Quality Module':
* Level 1, -1% of scrap (or +1% yield)
* Level 2, -2% of scrap (or +2% yield)
* Level 3, -3% of scrap (or +3% yield)
with maximum of 100% yield / quality per Assembling Machine (sum of slots + Beacons).

Sorry for that short description, English is not my native language.

badtouchatr
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by badtouchatr »

MindFighter wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:01 pm

DellAquila, please add to 'Production Scrap 2' mod a new item 'Quality Module':
* Level 1, -1% of scrap (or +1% yield)
* Level 2, -2% of scrap (or +2% yield)
* Level 3, -3% of scrap (or +3% yield)
with maximum of 100% yield / quality per Assembling Machine (sum of slots + Beacons).

Sorry for that short description, English is not my native language.
I'm not sure what you're suggesting in this idea. Currently, with version 0.1.2, you are able to control the amount of scrap produced with the mod settings. If this is not the solution you are looking for, please try to explain your idea in more detail.

MindFighter
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MindFighter »

badtouchatr wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:58 pm
MindFighter wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:01 pm

Add a new item 'Quality Module' for decrease percent of scrap
I'm not sure what you're suggesting in this idea. Currently, with version 0.1.2, you are able to control the amount of scrap produced with the mod settings. If this is not the solution you are looking for, please try to explain your idea in more detail.
My apologies for the misuse of the term 'scrap'. :oops:

Definitions
In Vanilla Factorio game (0.16-0.17) we have 3 types of modules: speed, efficiency and productivity. Each type of modules have 3 levels of 'strength'.

Assembling machine 2 and Assembling machine 3 have a 2 and 4 module slots respectively. Beacon have 2 module slots.

Production Scrap 2 mod adds to the production process the probability of producing a defective item. Defective items will be recycled to scrap. Scrap will be used in production of other useful items.

Suggestion
Add a new type of modules - quality module. Also with 3 levels of 'strength' (vanilla style).

Quality module inserted into module slot of assembling machine add a little bit of quality to production processes and reduce amount of defective items produced.
Think about 'Quality module' as some form of quality management added per assembling machines (ISO-9000, Six Sigmas, etc.)
More details
Last edited by MindFighter on Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

badtouchatr
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by badtouchatr »

@MindFighter:
Wow, you definitely went into more detail, and it worked, because I now understand the concept you were trying to explain.

However, it seems to be a little bit beyond my abilities to make it work in a mod. I know how to code in Lua, but have very limited experience with factorio mods (I have only worked on Production Scrap 2, and created a very small library mod of my own).

I will definitely add it to the list of ideas to improve the mod. Maybe DellAquila or others can help me to figure out the Quality Module implementation. Thanks very much for your idea, and your detailed explanation.

MindFighter
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MindFighter »

@badtouchatr
Thank you! Glad to our mutual understanding! :)

thisischrys
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by thisischrys »

m̶i̶n̶i̶m̶e̶ "More accurate player size compared to vehicles" mod is broken since 0.17.35:

From the changelog:

- Renamed the character entity type and name from "player" to "character" to make it consistent with how we call/access it in all other places.

maxZZzzz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by maxZZzzz »

Hey.

Cant send PMs yet. So using this thread instead. Got the urge to play again with Mining Fluids.

I changed the mod so that there is a burner drill which accepts liquids. That way no electricity is needed for the basic setup.

* Reduced starting inventory
* Allow burner drills again
* Add liquid accepting Bruder Drill
Attachments
MiningFluids_0.0.5.zip
(48.59 KiB) Downloaded 92 times

utoxin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by utoxin »

Are there plans to update Production Scrap 2 to 0.18? It's the last mod I need to update my current save.

Nevermind. I had apparently fumbled my reading comprehension roll. This is just a compilation thread. I'll PM the author.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

hello master,

we have a crash in big logistics bot with the new logistics changes in 18.14+.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

ptx0 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:02 am
hello master,

we have a crash in big logistics bot with the new logistics changes in 18.14+.
i waited so long, no response. now it is fixed, and the mod is improved with new balance options: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/BigLogiBot

markzl
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by markzl »

Hi DellAquila,

I couldn't find a link/comment here for your 'SingleColorTerrain' mod so I don't know if you consider it a 'mini-mod' yet I've noticed that this mod can work by editing the line:

"factorio_version"...

.. within the file 'info.json' to the current version of factorio.

There seems to be an EXTREMELY large amount of mods you've made for Factorio v0.16 - v0.18 that have not been updated to v1.1, including this SingleColorTerrain mod that I LOVE! (I'll add the link after this post in case there is an 'auto-delete' of comments with links)

Is there a way that you'd consider to 'promote me' in the Portal as a collaborator, so that I can upload new versions of the mod?

If not, it's all good!! I just like to spread the 'must have' mods to those that want it ... & to those that will want it some day!!!

Thanks DellAquila! You ROCK!

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

I have discovered that the Production Scrap 2 mod, and my Recycling Machines Mod are not compatible. When Production Scrap 2 and Recycling Machines mod are both active, even though they appear to be craftable, any attempt to craft a recycling Machine results in an assembler being crafted instead (or machine scrap)!

I'm looking for a fix...

https://github.com/DRY411S/Recycling-Machines/issues/96

Return to “Mods”