Information about releases and roadmap.
gorbag
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Version 0.17.28

Post by gorbag »

ddoarn wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:22 pm
looks like trees still contribute to positive pollution (at least in pollution stats screen)
I always knew we couldn't trust trees.

a: Oh so you're a vegetarian! You must love the little animals!
b: No, I just HATE vegetables!

luc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by luc »

gorbag wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:50 pm
I always knew we couldn't trust trees.

a: Oh so you're a vegetarian! You must love the little animals!
b: No, I just HATE vegetables!
Amen! :lol:

Shingen
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Shingen »

Koub wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:09 pm
https://chromereleases.googleblog.com/
Stable updates for desktop went from 73.0.3683.86 to 73.0.3683.103.

But hey, I guess they don't know how to version either :)
they don't know many things, but that's besides the point.
torne already explained it, but i just want to point out that i did take that into account, which could be seen in what i mentioned here:
Shingen wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:55 pm
(...) - just like you didn't iterate every version you created during the year between last 0.16.x and 0.17.0.
so yeah, cheers!
Pi-C wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:09 am
Shingen wrote:
i think that if 0.17.27 wasn't released publicly […]
But it was! I distinctly remember seeing the announcement on the forum, just before I went over to the super market to grab some beer for the evening. About half an hour later, I fired up my non-working version of Factorio to check out whether updating to 0.17.27 would help, but got a message that there were no updates available. I frantically searched the forums for any post mentioning 0.17.27 and almost thought I must have lost my mind, or misread something. Only when 0.17.28 was released later on I realized that they had, indeed, published 0.17.27 and must have deleted it almost immediately. Should have made a screenshot of that first posting. Well, such is life, just an accumulation of missed chances … :-D
oh, fair enough then! :P
TBH if that's so i don't know why would they remove a build unless it literally deleted all saved games or something similarly critical, given that some of the builds with nasty bugs had a follow-up update during the same day while remaining still available... but i guess they just didn't want to have people complaining about a bug they managed to fix already.

do you (Wube) have any data about how many people managed to insta-download and run it before you removed it?

Acacel
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Acacel »

For me it seems like someone found the bug after starting the release prozess but before it was done and send to us (remember the 1,5h they said this prozess takes)

But unlikely the tree bug went in.....

mgjoyce
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mgjoyce »

Shingen wrote:
i think that if 0.17.27 wasn't released publicly, there's no reason to call the updated version ".28" - just like you didn't iterate every version you created during the year between last 0.16.x and 0.17.0. it just causes mild confusion and wastes everyone's time.
There are risks in reusing version numbers, in this case probably small. But certainly when they get out of the experimental status for version 17.XX. If they are using any for of automation for creating the package I would hope this is enforcing the version number always incrementing.

LWserious
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by LWserious »

So many items were lost in the map editor,such as the MK2 armor. Is this a intended design?

Return to “Releases”