PyCoalTBaA or the PyCoal Touched by an Angel Compatibility Patch

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Delanii
Inserter
Inserter

Re: PyCoalTBaA or the PyCoal Touched by an Angel Compatibility Patch

Post by Delanii »

Sure its OK.
I am mostly still on 0.16 anyway, take your time freely ;)

woniubbg
Inserter
Inserter

Post by woniubbg »

why not just use the Vanilla circuit instead of creat a new item
and py mods now lots of recipes support production modules while pyTBaA dont
other thing is that I cant only craft pcb1 not circuit1 by hand but there are so many machine needs circuit 1

katalex
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by katalex »

After 0.17.25
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (37.82 KiB) Viewed 3776 times
Angel+Bobs+Pyanodon+PyCoalTBaA

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DaleStan »

For now, go back to 0.17.24.

I'm not clear on where the devs landed on duplicate fluid ingredients. This may be allowed again in 0.17.26, or PyCoalTBaA may need to not add the second nitrogen input.

YunoAloe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by YunoAloe »

I've tried MadClown's processing and got an idea that it actually removes the complexity instead of adding to it (or instead of adding just to the variety, like Yuoki does), with recipes like all ores from sand straight from the start. Did I understand it right?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

YunoAloe wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:45 am
I've tried MadClown's processing and got an idea that it actually removes the complexity instead of adding to it (or instead of adding just to the variety, like Yuoki does), with recipes like all ores from sand straight from the start. Did I understand it right?
Not sure. Havnt played with madclowns really. But I dont think the mining part is very complicated anyway. Plop down a miner feed it a fluid if it requires one and done.

Might look into adjusting madclowns to require so of the fluids to do the sand based recovery that the normal miners would need

katalex
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by katalex »

….
Last edited by katalex on Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Diet
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Diet »

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Ok. Somethings been having issues and items are getting when they shouldn't

katalex
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by katalex »

angel+bob+pyanodon+PyCoalTBaA 0.45
Attachments
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (38.11 KiB) Viewed 3689 times

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

katalex wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:57 am
angel+bob+pyanodon+PyCoalTBaA 0.45
im working on it

Recon419A
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Recon419A »

Looks like there are some issues with Amator Phasma's mods. I don't know if you have bandwidth to support them, but so far I've been finding them pretty cool.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (28.89 KiB) Viewed 3495 times

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Recon419A wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:42 am
Looks like there are some issues with Amator Phasma's mods. I don't know if you have bandwidth to support them, but so far I've been finding them pretty cool.

Capture.PNG
i can look into them. theyre not top priority as i know nothing about them and large sets like that take time to sort thru.

got bugs for current stuff to fix and then im also going to be looking at xanders mods at some point.

i can fix those kind of load stopping errors pretty quickly as it tells me whats wrong but duplicated items and other non crash problems with take more time

Delanii
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Delanii »

kingarthur wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:45 am
Recon419A wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:42 am

Capture.PNG
i can look into them. theyre not top priority as i know nothing about them and large sets like that take time to sort thru.

got bugs for current stuff to fix and then im also going to be looking at xanders mods at some point.

i can fix those kind of load stopping errors pretty quickly as it tells me whats wrong but duplicated items and other non crash problems with take more time
Cheers for Xander!! :)

YunoAloe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by YunoAloe »

I noticed there are two recipes for Circuit 3 (processing units), opened via advanced electronics and advanced electronics 2, which are exactly the same but one of them additionally has gold plate and solder. I guess the simpler one is a bug then.

YunoAloe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by YunoAloe »

ChrisPikula wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:24 am
So I've run into a bit of a muddy situation.

I can't seem to make the Rare Earth Extractor, as it requires a express inserter. And that's locked behind chemical science. Which needs circuit 2, which needs diodes, which needs rare earth oxides...

I'm currently playing AngelBobs, AAI Industry, Madclowns extended angels, Expanded Rockets Payloads, full Pyanodons; including ores, and the Yukio set.
I confirm this without AAI Industry and Madclowns too. I'm going to mine it with AAI's miners for now.

Moreover, looking at further recipes, all blue, green, and yellow science packs, as well as circuits 2 & 3 (and maybe more), they all require rare earth, which there's no way to obtain other than mining, making it too much of rare. I think I'll take this issue to pyHT.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

YunoAloe wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:24 am
ChrisPikula wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:24 am
So I've run into a bit of a muddy situation.

I can't seem to make the Rare Earth Extractor, as it requires a express inserter. And that's locked behind chemical science. Which needs circuit 2, which needs diodes, which needs rare earth oxides...

I'm currently playing AngelBobs, AAI Industry, Madclowns extended angels, Expanded Rockets Payloads, full Pyanodons; including ores, and the Yukio set.
I confirm this without AAI Industry and Madclowns too. I'm going to mine it with AAI's miners for now.

Moreover, looking at further recipes, all blue, green, and yellow science packs, as well as circuits 2 & 3 (and maybe more), they all require rare earth, which there's no way to obtain other than mining, making it too much of rare. I think I'll take this issue to pyHT.
can i have a copy of that save file. ill look into all these issues

YunoAloe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by YunoAloe »

Sent save in a PM. One more issue to add is that express inserters require circuit 2 in the first place.

As for the rarity of rare earth, I think this isn't really something that you need to fix? After some thinking, I came to a conclusion that my main problem with it is the SpaceX & Expanded Rocket Payloads mods, as the latter one still requires millions of science packs and doesn't provide rare earth from asteroid mining. I'd better take my complaints there. I also have at least two other workarounds in mind, to individually increase the quantity of ore in existing patches with console commands, or to add an excavation recipe to lua files myself.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

uploaded a new version. should fix any duplicated ingredient errors for anything pycoaltbaa has as a dependency. might fix others as well but cant guarantee anything that loads after pycoaltbaa. still working on other more specific errors.

also

DO NOT USE THE PY+ANGEL UBERHAUL SETTING

its still work in progress and will likely break your game as a lot of its not done yet

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

YunoAloe wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:48 pm
Sent save in a PM. One more issue to add is that express inserters require circuit 2 in the first place.

As for the rarity of rare earth, I think this isn't really something that you need to fix? After some thinking, I came to a conclusion that my main problem with it is the SpaceX & Expanded Rocket Payloads mods, as the latter one still requires millions of science packs and doesn't provide rare earth from asteroid mining. I'd better take my complaints there. I also have at least two other workarounds in mind, to individually increase the quantity of ore in existing patches with console commands, or to add an excavation recipe to lua files myself.
alright thank you ill look into an get that circuit issue adjusted.

Return to “Mods”