[0.17] Please post bugs and balance issues here.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17] Please post bugs and balance issues here.

Post by bobingabout »

hedikin wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:08 pm
Hello

for some reason I cant use the upgrade planner to upgrade blue underground belts-> green underground belts inside a blueprint. if i place the blueprint on the ground and then use the upgrade planner it works just fine.

any advice?
I didn't even know using the upgrade planner in a blueprint was possible.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

RexBuck
Inserter
Inserter

Post by RexBuck »

Have recently had an issue with trains randomly slowing in [.17]. Out of a bunch of identical trains, all of a sudden, one slows down and the rest pile up behind it. Also, when I jump into a train, it slows to a crawl. I posted this as a bug report on the main Factorio Forum viewtopic.php?f=18&t=68785&p=420493#p420493 but the one Dev who looked at it missed the problem.

Is it possible your Mod may have caused this?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

what kind of locomotive is it? standard MK2 and MK3 should be fine as they decrease weight and increase speed, power and braking power.
the Armored I could understand, but still doubt it, as they increase the weight but not the other stats.
I also have a Patreon.

RexBuck
Inserter
Inserter

Post by RexBuck »

They are all MK3s. In the group, all of the trains are identical - MK3 locomotives, identical mods and identical cargos. Everything goes along swimingly when all of a sudden one train starts to go half speed causing all of the other trains to catch up to it meanders down the track like they are going on a Sunday drive with the family. The other instance is that when I have the player get on a train, it too slows down and a bunch of other trains stack up behind it.

RexBuck
Inserter
Inserter

Post by RexBuck »

OK, may have solved it. It looks like a mod I have called Train Tunnels was causing some problems even though I wasn't using it. Deactivated it and the train I was in immediately sped up to full speed.

alercah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by alercah »

It's really hard for me to tell apart the production and logisitc science packs as both are purple (with science pack recoloring on).

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

alercah wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:58 pm
It's really hard for me to tell apart the production and logisitc science packs as both are purple (with science pack recoloring on).
is this a colourblindness thing?
Basically though, the logistic pack is lighter, but they're a similar colour on purpose because they're both the same tier.
I also have a Patreon.

jamiechi1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by jamiechi1 »

bobingabout wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:45 pm
hedikin wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:08 pm
Hello

for some reason I cant use the upgrade planner to upgrade blue underground belts-> green underground belts inside a blueprint. if i place the blueprint on the ground and then use the upgrade planner it works just fine.

any advice?
I didn't even know using the upgrade planner in a blueprint was possible.
I have the same issue. Using upgrade planner to change yellow underground belts to grey in blueprint does nothing.
After placing blueprint works as expected.

MageKing17
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MageKing17 »

bobingabout wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:40 am
alercah wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:58 pm
is this a colourblindness thing?
Well, I'm colourblind, and I can't tell them apart either, so...

Sir_Gamer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Sir_Gamer »

just up dated to 0.17.26 and i seem to be haveing an issue with induction furnaces crafting some of the muti input stuff such as molton cobalt steel.
Last edited by Sir_Gamer on Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alercah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by alercah »

I think it was in part due to my lighting. It's more clear now, though still somewhat similar.

Maybe a letter on each of the science packs for easy identification (e.g. "P" for production, "L" for logistics, etc.) would be good for low-lighting and colour-blind situations anyway?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Sir_Gamer wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:13 pm
just up dated to 0.17.26 and i seem to be haveing an issue with induction furnaces crafting some of the muti input stuff such as molton cobalt steel.

i tryed looking around the lua files to see what was causeing it but im not to good with lua proggraming
If you have issues with angel's mods, I suggest you report the issue to Angel. Says right there in your screenshot that the item you're having issues with is from Angel's Smelting.
I also have a Patreon.

Sir_Gamer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Sir_Gamer »

bobingabout wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:38 pm
Sir_Gamer wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:13 pm

i tryed looking around the lua files to see what was causeing it but im not to good with lua proggraming
If you have issues with angel's mods, I suggest you report the issue to Angel. Says right there in your screenshot that the item you're having issues with is from Angel's Smelting.
i thought i removed the post sorry about that bobingabout

ef_ex
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ef_ex »

Hi

I play your mods with angels and aai.
I noticed that the transport belt and also the splitter do not require the previous tier instead they require the usual items insteady of the revamp ones.
I assume that aai is somehow overwriting it.

enchant
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by enchant »

I don't know if this is a bug with Bob's mods, but if I disable them, I can't reproduce it.

When I use the upgrade planner, I can't upgrade non-iron pipe-to-ground to iron pipe-to-ground. I've tried replacing the pipes with various other types - stone, plastic, steel, etc., but it never gives me the option to change it to iron. I tried disabling all mods, but now there is no non-iron option available.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1709065635

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

enchant wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:19 pm
I don't know if this is a bug with Bob's mods, but if I disable them, I can't reproduce it.

When I use the upgrade planner, I can't upgrade non-iron pipe-to-ground to iron pipe-to-ground. I've tried replacing the pipes with various other types - stone, plastic, steel, etc., but it never gives me the option to change it to iron. I tried disabling all mods, but now there is no non-iron option available.

I've actually made a note of this. I've noticed issues myself, they're not in the same fast replace group
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

bobingabout wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:01 am
enchant wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:19 pm

I've actually made a note of this. I've noticed issues myself, they're not in the same fast replace group
They are in the same fast replaceable group. I've looked at the code and can't see why this would be the case. I threw the code at the devs and Bilka got back to me, he can't see why it's not working either.
I also have a Patreon.

enchant
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by enchant »

At least people know about the issue then. Thanks!

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

bobingabout wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:53 am
They are in the same fast replaceable group. I've looked at the code and can't see why this would be the case. I threw the code at the devs and Bilka got back to me, he can't see why it's not working either.
After looking at your mod myself instead of simply trusting that you are using a completely vanilla pipe to ground, I found line 17 in boblogistics_0.17.6\prototypes\entityprototypes\entities\pipes.lua : "data.raw["pipe-to-ground"]["pipe-to-ground"].fast_replaceable_group = "pipe-to-ground"" Remove that line and everything works as expected.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Bilka wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:40 am
bobingabout wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:53 am
After looking at your mod myself instead of simply trusting that you are using a completely vanilla pipe to ground, I found line 17 in boblogistics_0.17.6\prototypes\entityprototypes\entities\pipes.lua : "data.raw["pipe-to-ground"]["pipe-to-ground"].fast_replaceable_group = "pipe-to-ground"" Remove that line and everything works as expected.
I knew it would be something dumb like this. I thought I'd removed all of that.
So I even looked through the file in question, and failed to see it.

Thank you, Bilka.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”