[kovarex] [0.17.25] (Blueprinted) train can lost it's schedule depending on build order

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
jogaproger
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[kovarex] [0.17.25] (Blueprinted) train can lost it's schedule depending on build order

Post by jogaproger »

This bug is hard to reproduce, but it happens in the following scenario with a 1 locomotive 2 cargo train: L-C1-C2

1) First place a locomotive on a rail
2) Create a schedule for the locomotive
3) Place the second cargo (C2) first in a little bit farther from the locomotive than it's place
4) Now place the first cargo (C1) between the locomotive and the second cargo (C2).
5) Now two things can happen:
5.1) C1 is attached to the train first, and C2 is moved a little bit so it is behind C1 (this is OK)
5.2) C1 is actually attached to C2 first, then the Locomotive is moved so it is in front of C1. In this case the schedule of the train is lost.
(Maybe in this case the game tries to prefer the "schedule" of C1-C2 which is empty by default?)

The second case is a problem, because it can happen when a train is placed by construction robots on a blueprint, a case in which the schedule from the blueprint is lost.

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.25] (Blueprinted) train can lost it's schedule depending on build order

Post by TruePikachu »

Can you post a blueprint string? I was under the impression entities are stored in a predetermined order, and not necessairily by build order, but that might only have been the case for things that are grid-aligned.

jogaproger
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.17.25] (Blueprinted) train can lost it's schedule depending on build order

Post by jogaproger »

I tried to make a smaller blueprint which produces this error.

Also, this bug is not determined only by how the blueprint is stored (as it only happens sometimes). I made a video about the behavior i described in the first post:
https://youtu.be/U_HuDBov9EU
I think this is the thing that happens when the schedule is lost during robots building the blueprint.

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TruePikachu »

Ah, the wording made me assume it was based on the initial build order versus the order the blueprinted entities are built when instantiating the blueprint.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [0.17.25] (Blueprinted) train can lost it's schedule depending on build order

Post by kovarex »

Thanks for the report, fixed for the next version.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”