[0.17.25] tick_paused causes the inventory to not show when setting recipes

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
Hexicube
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.17.25] tick_paused causes the inventory to not show when setting recipes

Post by Hexicube »

If you have an assembler open on a recipe, and you change the recipe, you get this:

However, if you set the recipe with game.tick_paused=true, you get this:

The behaviour is 100% consistent, you always get the first result normally and the second result if tick_paused is true (and ticks_to_run is 0) when you set the recipe. The issue also persists after setting tick_paused to false.

I have a "suggestion" post with other issues regarding tick_paused, but this one in particular can't really be argued as NAB as the behaviour is objectively different when tick_paused should not have an impact AFAIK.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.25] tick_paused causes the inventory to not show when setting recipes

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. This behavior is semi-intended and not intended. Intended in that: when the game is paused normal players are marked as "can't do most things" which includes inventory logic. GUIs which normally include the player inventory will not show it if the player is marked as "can't do inventory logic". And so, the inventory doesn't show when the GUI is loaded because the player can't do anything with the inventory in the paused state.

Normally the player is never even meant to see the GUI because he shouldn't have been able to open it in the paused state (since he can't do anything while paused). In this case the GUI is already open and the game does process the set-recipe action because it was never setup to ignore actions while in the paused state if the action originated from someone who wasn't supposed to even get to that point.

I could go through and make it so every single GUI ignored input from not-editor players while it's paused in this way but I don't consider it worth the time to do that.

So, for now this is how it works if someone sets a recipe while the game is map-editor paused and they aren't an editor.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Minor issues”