Topics and discussion about specific mods
FoxInSox
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[MOD 0.17] Lane Balancer 0.0.2

Post by FoxInSox »

Type: Mod
Name: Lane Balancer
Description: Evenly balances input & output lanes on a belt.
License: MIT
Download: http://mods.factorio.com/mod/Lane-Balancer
Version: 0.0.2
Release: 2019-04-12
Tested-With-Factorio-Version: 0.17.24
Category: Logistics
Tags: Logistics, Belts, Balancer

Long Description:
Adds 3 new logistics items that balance the input AND output lanes of a belt perfectly (one for each speed of transport belt). Items from both input sides of the belt are placed on both sides of the output belt in an alternating fashion. If only one lane is available for output either due to a T-Junction or the other lane being backed up, then items from both input lanes will be placed on that single output lane. Can be connected to belts, splitters, and underground belts.

Each balancer type (yellow, red, & blue) unlocks using the same logistics 1-3 research as the corresponding splitter type. Requires the same ingredients as that tier's splitter to build, but at roughly 1/2 the amount for each ingredient.

Based on the Single-Splitter mod (huge thanks to Razorin & Aidan647), but adds support for all 3 belt speeds and the ability to connect to splitters and undergrounds.

Credit:
Razorin - For creating the original single-splitter mod that this is based on
Aidan647 - For updating single-splitter to work on 0.17

Update 0.0.2 -
- Bugfix - fixed ups drop with mod installed when attempting to place a blueprint (or cut/copy) containing many belts
- Bugfix - If mod was installed after a save had already finished researching logistics tiers, the balancer for that tier wouldn't be unlocked for crafting.
- Bugfix - Changed energy type for the balancer to void.
Last edited by FoxInSox on Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

leadraven
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.17] Lane Balancer 0.0.1

Post by leadraven »

Very nice, but it is a pity that this is just a balancer.
I would very like full analogue of belt balancer : with ability to prioritize or block input and output lanes, and filter items.
For example, block right input and filter iron plates to right output.

Mmmmmmorten
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mmmmmmorten »

This is really cool as I always have belts that only get used on one side and often several next to each other in a bus with only half filled.
Right now I'm limiting my mods, but when 0.17 is released and stable I will most certainly get back and have a go at this mod!

/old dude
:geek:

FoxInSox
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by FoxInSox »

Excellent suggestions, leadraven. The filter idea in particular would allow people to block lanes and control output direction without having to create custom UI for the balancer. Shouldn't be too bad to implement code wise either. Prioritizing input and output would be a bit more challenging in the changes it would require to the logic, but I will keep it in mind.

Thanks, Mmmmmmorten! Hope you give it a shot and find it useful. :)

FoxInSox
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.17] Lane Balancer 0.0.2

Post by FoxInSox »

Just updated the mod to version 0.0.2, with the following changelog (entirely bugfixes).

- Bugfix - fixed ups drop with mod installed when attempting to place a blueprint (or cut/copy) containing many belts
- Bugfix - If mod was installed after a save had already finished researching logistics tiers, the balancer for that tier wouldn't be unlocked for crafting.
- Bugfix - Changed energy type for the balancer to void.

Musil
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.17] Lane Balancer 0.0.2

Post by Musil »

Your mod has some sort of bug, so it was taking up 2x more time per frame as Rampant AI trying to wreck our day, with maybe... 12 balancers in use.

.355 vs .18 for rampant AI, most mods were using .01-05 ..

Return to “Mods”