hard work with concrete

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
MrPlate
Inserter
Inserter

hard work with concrete

Post by MrPlate »

I need to know how to upgrade concrete and stone roads with blueprint.

Xeorm
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: hard work with concrete

Post by Xeorm »

MrPlate wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:06 pm
Make a blueprint, up at the top there should be two checkboxes. One for entities and one for tiles. Check the tiles one if you want it to care about the ground tiles aka stone and concrete. You can also uncheck the entities box if you don't care about the buildings, but only the tiles. I know I've built large concrete blueprints to help place concrete everywhere.

booter
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by booter »

Xeorm wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:38 pm
MrPlate wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:06 pm
Make a blueprint, up at the top there should be two checkboxes. One for entities and one for tiles. Check the tiles one if you want it to care about the ground tiles aka stone and concrete. You can also uncheck the entities box if you don't care about the buildings, but only the tiles. I know I've built large concrete blueprints to help place concrete everywhere.
If you just want to place huge chunks of concrete you can use the "+" and "-" from the numpad to increase the size of the "cursor". (I hope i did not missunderstand you)

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by zOldBulldog »

My approach:

- Use +/- to select size for manual or ghost placement of a square area.
- Use ghosts or blueprints with tiles on to mark the area to build flooring on.
- Mostly let bots do the job. Sometimes personal bots but most of the time the base bots. That way it won't matter if concrete is produced slowly, bots just keep building it in the background until done.

Xeorm
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Xeorm »

booter wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:23 am
If you just want to place huge chunks of concrete you can use the "+" and "-" from the numpad to increase the size of the "cursor". (I hope i did not missunderstand you)
You can also do that, but I'm talking huge spots of concrete. I'll lay it down myself when I need to, but for putting concrete over an entire factory I prefer to make a good and large blueprint for it.

astroshak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by astroshak »

zOldBulldog wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:59 am
My approach:

- Mostly let bots do the job. Sometimes personal bots but most of the time the base bots. That way it won't matter if concrete is produced slowly, bots just keep building it in the background until done.
The biggest problem I have with this technique, is that the bots only process so many build orders at any one time. So having a large amount of concrete build orders may prevent them from building something else you need built more urgently.

Don’t get me wrong, its great for when the factory (or at least, that portion of it) is all built up, but when you’re still building stuff or laying stuff out for later, it can delay the stuff you need sooner.

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by zOldBulldog »

astroshak wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:47 pm
zOldBulldog wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:59 am
My approach:

The biggest problem I have with this technique, is that the bots only process so many build orders at any one time. So having a large amount of concrete build orders may prevent them from building something else you need built more urgently.

Don’t get me wrong, its great for when the factory (or at least, that portion of it) is all built up, but when you’re still building stuff or laying stuff out for later, it can delay the stuff you need sooner.
You can control that by controlling how much concrete you make available to the bots.

For example:

- Your concrete factory outputs to a steel chests.
- You use a clock + counter circuits to release 100 (or any number of your preference) concrete to a passive provider cheat per minute.
- Bingo! You just throttled the number of bots dedicated to concrete.

MeltedFreddo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MeltedFreddo »

astroshak wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:47 pm
One of the features in .17 is construction bots will prioritise normal construction tasks above placing tiles, so big replace orders like this don't totally starve your logistics network.

Return to “Gameplay Help”