Introducing Lonebook 0.17.2

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

lone-pine
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Introducing Lonebook 0.17.2

Post by lone-pine »

Today I'm publishing the first public version of a project months in the making. It started as a replacement for the popular Tileable Science blueprint book and has grown to cover the entire game. This book provides easy to use, well labeled, ratio-correct bus modules to build almost every item in the game. The book is ready for 0.17 and can produce over 125SPM, including space, as well as robots, concrete, oil processing, modules, ammo, and more. It is released in three volumes, although today only the first two are being released.

LoneBook Vol 1

Vol 1 covers smelting, oil processing and production of science, circuits, combat items, concrete, robots, and more.

Gallery

Blueprint

LoneBook Vol 2

Vol 2 contains a bus design, as well as other structural blueprints to make using the bus easier. Notice that the bus has some belts which flow backwards.
Vol 2 also contains a bootstrapper, mines, power, and an (incomplete) mall. The pumpjack circle as well as solar and nuclear designs are based on designs I've seen in multiplayer servers (not my original content), but the circuitry LoneReactor is original. The last blueprint in Vol 2 is LinkWall.

Gallery

Blueprint

LinkWall 0.3

LinkWall is a modular wall unit with gun, laser, and flame turrets, roboports, radar, lighting, power, and gates. Avoid concave designs, since this will cause robots to fly over unprotected land and get killed.

LinkWall Placement

Blueprint

Lonebook Vol 3

Not yet released, Vol 3 will include a series of late-game 2-4-2 train modules to mass-produce items using beacons and blue belts.

Doesn't this just play the game for me?

Actually, playing the game with well designed blueprints can be quite fun -- it makes possible a much cleaner base than ad-hoc designs. It's also great for multiplayer servers. For PVP, having good blueprint books is essential.

Link to this post on Reddit

Tashen
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Introducing Lonebook 0.17.2

Post by Tashen »

Tried this out and I love it. Thanks for taking the time to show it here.

noob_hoarder
Inserter
Inserter

Post by noob_hoarder »

lone-pine wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:43 pm
Today I'm publishing the first public version of a project months in the making. [...] The book is ready for 0.17 [...]
Thank you for the effort you have obviously put into making these... However, while it might have been ready for 0.17.2 (*), some of the recipes have changed since then, and some internal names too -- which would affect the blueprint string. Also, you seem to have forgotten some inserters for making inserters. :D

Here's what i noticed, after checking the mall in vol 2:
  • assemblers-2 now require steel
  • fast inserters now require iron plates
  • there should be 3 inserters connecting the regular, fast, and stack inserter assemblers to the long-handed, filter, and stack-filter assemblers nearby.
  • the inserter for gears into the refinery assembler is incorrectly oriented.
  • the steel-based electric poles, the train station, and the speakers: now also need iron sticks.
  • the lights need copper cables.
  • the small electric pole now needs raw wood instead of boards. -- this one also affects the "Bootstrapper" blueprint.
  • and, finally, did the wood would-be-requestor-chest also have a constant-combinator hint as was used at the stone-furnace for boilers? :mrgreen: Because if it did, the "unknown item name" error got rid of the combinator just as the other errors got rid of the raw-wood-into-boards assembler and of the 4 science-pack assemblers in the Bootstrapper. :|
Lastly, here's a suggestion that might IMO improve one small part of the book: keep the lone (!) rail in the (empty) "Block" blueprint too, not just in the "Bus" and "Blank Bus". Besides being somewhat of a watermark for your "Lone" concept, it will help with aligning those empty blocks to the 2x2 grid used by the rails, in case one starts with that 'tile' and not with either of the other two. :geek:

Oh, i almost forgot. Müsli asked at the Vol 2 page on factorioprints:
How is the placement of resources on the bus? Asking since the lanes runs both ways and the constant combinator doesn't show a resource. Or doesn't it matter?
My guess is it doesn't really matter, but i'm still curious if you have a preferred way of having them. And which items are you moving backwards on those 2 4-belters in the outer middle?

Note: (*) i think it was made for 0.17.2 recipes, but that version is not available anymore, so i can't check my guess. Anyway, that's the drawback of working with experimental versions, that are prone to changes -- unpredictably and often. :|
Attachments
Lonebook 0.17.2 - errors during import in 0-17-23.png
Lonebook 0.17.2 - errors during import in 0-17-23.png (261.24 KiB) Viewed 5208 times

noob_hoarder
Inserter
Inserter

Post by noob_hoarder »

And changing the topic a bit...
lone-pine wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:43 pm
Not yet released, Vol 3 will include a series of late-game 2-4-2 train modules [...]
Hm, i've tested the Train Station blueprint now, and am not sure about one thing... The Coal+Oil side of the stations seem to be for a LHS network, while the Stone side seems to be for a RHS network. :? While i find it neat to have both cases, i think they should've been separated into 2 different blueprints.

Also halving the contents of this huge bp would've been nice, since i found it tricky to place it due to its size. The first time i did, i was using the map and i had no radar coverage in some areas, meaning a bunch of the ghosts didn't even place. :)

Oops, nevermind. No idea why i thought the other half was RHS. :oops:

One thing *does* need fixing though: the coal line for refueling locomotives on the Stone half is misaligned. :!:

Return to “Show your Creations”